Cigalectric?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEEFENHAUZER

Apr 28, 2010
IL
First off, I am brand new to the e cig, just started the day before yesterday. I actually started with an e cig that i got at the corner gas station. I got the disposable one. It's cigalectric. I thought it was cool and was going to get the "starter set" which is the rechargable one, with usb thing and a sample cartidge thing for a menthol and non menthol. (of course i was going to get a box of the cartriges also, but i wanted to look on line for this brand to see about the track record and I have found zip, zilch nothing, nada. There webpage is a sigle PDF style page, (wont let me add the link but it is cigalectric dot com). I am still considering this just because of the convinence factor but, has anyone had an expirience with them?

The disposable one (that I already got) was $19. came with the one big battery thing and then 3 cartridges. the starter kit was $65, and then a pack of 5 cartridges is $19 also.

Should i stay away from this one?
cignot is in IL and they have a great 510 starter kit for $35: Joye 510 NO BOX

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
Eh I dont think that 19 for a disposable, just get an idea of whats it's like is to bad.
Dont recommend getting the starter kit....for the same amount or 10 bucks more you can get a good proven model.

I suggest reading the 1-6 intro in the library section, and there are tons of reviews in the reviews sections of different models.

Jonmo1

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Bryan, TX
Yes, this is a common factor with ALL electronic cigarettes.

They all depend on a Liquid that holds the nicotine.
Some hold more, some less
Some are more efficient at vaporizing than others.
But they are ALL limited to how much liquid they hold.
So they will ALL run out eventually.

So buying your own liquid, allows you to refill the cartridges on your own.
Allowing you the freedom of not being dependant on having a bunch of prefilled cartridges available.
And yes, I'm pretty sure most if not all Ecigs have prefilled cartridges ready and available for you to purchase online.

Hope that gives you some idea.

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
With the 510 that you mentioned, do i need to do a liquid thing or do they have prefilled?
Also, another dumb question. this disposable i got has lasted me 3 days and I still have one cartridge left, and the 510 (from what I read somewhere) does not last that long. Is this a common thing with disposables vs rechargables?

It is highly recommended to get extra juice at the time of purchase. I didn't, (thinking that the prefilled carts would last) and I ran out in 2 days and went back to analogs until I ordered juice and it was delivered. I ordered 2 $35 Joye510 starter kits to have back-up parts and chargers. But, each to his own. You might not like the 510. Anyway, good luck and happy vaping!

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Yes, this is a common factor with ALL electronic cigarettes.

They all depend on a Liquid that holds the nicotine.
Some hold more, some less
Some are more efficient at vaporizing than others.
But they are ALL limited to how much liquid they hold.
So they will ALL run out eventually.

So buying your own liquid, allows you to refill the cartridges on your own.
Allowing you the freedom of not being dependant on having a bunch of prefilled cartridges available.
And yes, I'm pretty sure most if not all Ecigs have prefilled cartridges ready and available for you to purchase online.

Hope that gives you some idea.

Ditto. Good answer. FWIW, 18-24mg nic. juice is a good amount to start out for a pack-a-day smoker. 24-36mg might be better for a 2-pack-a-day smoker. If you're not sure, start out at 18mg and just vape more if you get spazzed out. I started too high at 24mg and got headaches for about 5 days. There's no right or wrong, you've got to experiment some on this. Just keep diggin thru the threads. If you can't find what you want, just go down to the very left-side bottom of the screen and search. For example, type in the words "best menthol," and you'll come up with at least a couple of hours worth of discussion. Stay w/ECF, and you'll learn a lot. Super, awesome, patient people here.

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
My appologies, I didn't mean the liquid part, I was talking about the battery life. I understand the liquid will run out eventually...The battery on this "disposable" seems to last longer than what they say the rechargables(per charge) do. Is that common or am i wrong?

I've never done a disposable, so I can't answer that specifically. What I can tell you is this: I ordered my first starter kit. I didn't read the manual that came with it. I just screwed the parts together and started vaping. Later I read the manual. And later I ordered another $35 510 starter kit for spare parts (best bang for the buck). This time around I did EXACTLY what the manual said to do. I charged the batts for 8 hours even when the green light came on. Then I toked it for 20 min. Then I charged for another hour. These 2 last batts last for 2 hrs w/o recharging, whereas my first 2 last only about an hour. So for these posters that say good to go when the light turns green, I know better by proof, but I just let them spew nonesense, doesn't matter to me nor bother me, nor do I argue with them. To each their own.

Dynomite

Apr 8, 2010
Maplewood, MN
If you decide to go through Cignot and get a Joye 510 NO BOX, then you'll be provided two batteries. A battery life is suppose to last 2 hours(varies depending on how much you vape), and it normally takes about 1 hour to charge. So, while you're vaping with with one, the other can be recharging, and by the time you've run out of battery life, your other is charged and ready to go.

BEEFENHAUZER

Apr 28, 2010
IL
Ok, so i kinda went against some of the advice i got, and purchased the rechargable Cigalectric kit this morning. I will do a quick review of it soon. There were a couple of things that kinda swayed me to the cigalectric.
1.) convinience. (its at the corner gas station where i used to by my cigarettes at so if i run out, i can just stop in and grab more cartridges.
2.) the only part that is reused is the battery. The atty, or whatever its called is not reused, it is a part of the cartridge.
3.) don't need to worry about filling my own cartidges, and also...
4.) from what i heard from another customer there who got it, said he has had it for over a week and has only charged it when he initially purchased it.
5.) There is essentially ZERO information on this online, (its a new product from a company based here in IL) (Elgin, IL)

Either tonight, or tomorrow night, i will try to do a quick review of this, just to share my opinions on it. (granted, I cant really compare it to the 510 or any other e cigs.)

svzurich

Apr 29, 2010
Las Vegas
Keep in mind you can refill that cart. Sounds like your model is a 2 piece, in which case the cart holds the atty as well. the KR808D-1 I ordered is the same.

You will want to look into refilling the carts to save $$$ and pick up some more carts for when the atty dies. Also you can extend the life of the attys by cleaning them. Been skimming this forum for most of the last week and am pleased to have learned that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread