The best cheap EVOD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ari Snow

Verified Member
May 10, 2014
Melbourne, FL
I'm looking to buy about 20 or so EVODs to hand out at work, at my volunteer group and to family. I don't need anything top of the line, just something to give the people a general sense of vaping and allow them to give it a try. I found these here:
$12.80 EVOD-MT3S 900mAh Rechargeable E-Cigarette Starter Kit - red / 2.2-2.6ohm / USB charging cable at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Does anyone have any experience with these? I read on a review of the atomizers that are sold separately that the coils taste funky coming from the factory and that it's best to replace them before use. Is this true?

I really want to keep it under $15 for each EVOD, but if this is impossible I suppose I'll just buy authentic and pass out less. These are all people who have shown interest in my mod, so since they're already open to the idea, I'm hoping to strike while hot. :D

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
Last edited:

silenthunder

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
toronto
I bought two of these 'evod' types a month or so ago - and both of them gave issues - am in the turmoil of having them replaced - and that process goes sllllooooowwwwwllllly.

its certainly possible that its just the particular models I got - or maybe the particular units I got. but its a little telling to me (imho) that two different models both stopped working within about a week of use.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1437304
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1573901

with the first model: the unit wouldn't really hold a charge well after the first 2 times recharging
with the second model the button got stuck in the 'on' position (I fiddled with it quite a bit and couldn't get it to stop)

none of these units are authentic kangers (wouldn't expect it at this price point)

will return and comment if/when I get replacments (will be probably a month or so to receive from china in the post)

throughout the process fasttech has regularly communicated with me (email response were within 24 hours). the slowness of shipping etc isn't their fault. its just the way it is.

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
Here ya go:

20 genuine/original Kanger 900mAh EVOD Batteries, EVOD Clearomizers and EVOD chargers: $242.45 after coupon

Add some more stuff to elevate your total over $250.00 after the 15% coupon code is applied, so your order qualifies for free shipping

HealthCabin

Take 15% off on orders over 100USD.Coupon Code: hcmay15 (Good until May 25th)

Kanger EVOD Manual Battery (3.7v,900mAh) (No China Airmail)
Kanger EVOD Manual Battery (3.7v,900mAh)

KangerTech EVOD Bottom Coil Changeable Clearomizer

KangerTech EVOD USB Charger

You can also buy 20 of these for $1ea ($0.85) to chuck each set in:

Black pouch for Joye eGo
http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1207_1284&products_id=7725

Last edited:

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
I got the EVOD sets on slowtech for the same purpose (to give out.) Several of them crapped out early on. Also, the EVOD atomizers are not legit, so the real Kanger heads won't fit.

Now, I just keep my eyes peeled for Joytech and Vision eGos in the classies. I grab those when I can and use real EVOD atomizers from either surevapes or cravinvapes or purchased cheaply in a co-op. I buy chargers and cases cheaply from slowtech though.

Ari Snow

Verified Member
May 10, 2014
Melbourne, FL
Here ya go:

20 genuine/original Kanger 900mAh EVOD Batteries, EVOD Clearomizers and EVOD chargers: $242.45 after coupon

Add some more stuff to elevate your total over $250.00 after the 15% coupon code is applied, so your order qualifies for free shipping

HealthCabin

Take 15% off on orders over 100USD.Coupon Code: hcmay15 (Good until May 25th)

Kanger EVOD Manual Battery (3.7v,900mAh) (No China Airmail)
Kanger EVOD Manual Battery (3.7v,900mAh)

You can also buy 20 of these for $1ea ($0.85) to chuck each set in:

Black pouch for Joye eGo
Black pouch for Joye eGo

Thanks so much for your help! Btw, nice avatar and username. :rolleyes: :p

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
Thanks so much for your help! Btw, nice avatar and username. :rolleyes: :p

No problem. Health Cabin is a reliable seller and you can downgrade to 650mah if you want to
save a couple of $ or go with their Ego-C batts. Everything brand name is legit, so no dealing
with "Authentic", "Style", poisonous machine oil and other sorts of crap.

Ari Snow

Verified Member
May 10, 2014
Melbourne, FL
No problem. Health Cabin is a reliable seller and you can downgrade to 650mah if you want to
save a couple of $ or go with their Ego-C batts. Everything brand name is legit, so no dealing
with "Authentic", "Style", poisonous machine oil and other sorts of crap.

I'm not familiar with Ego style batts, so could you tell me which one is better - the EVOD or the Ego-C? I don't mind paying more for an EVOD if it's better.

Ari Snow

Verified Member
May 10, 2014
Melbourne, FL
I bought two of these 'evod' types a month or so ago - and both of them gave issues - am in the turmoil of having them replaced - and that process goes sllllooooowwwwwllllly.

its certainly possible that its just the particular models I got - or maybe the particular units I got. but its a little telling to me (imho) that two different models both stopped working within about a week of use.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1437304
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1573901

with the first model: the unit wouldn't really hold a charge well after the first 2 times recharging
with the second model the button got stuck in the 'on' position (I fiddled with it quite a bit and couldn't get it to stop)

none of these units are authentic kangers (wouldn't expect it at this price point)

will return and comment if/when I get replacments (will be probably a month or so to receive from china in the post)

throughout the process fasttech has regularly communicated with me (email response were within 24 hours). the slowness of shipping etc isn't their fault. its just the way it is.

Thanks for letting me know your experience! I think I'll limit my FT purchases to drip tips and acrylic stands from now on.

Ari Snow

Verified Member
May 10, 2014
Melbourne, FL
I got the EVOD sets on slowtech for the same purpose (to give out.) Several of them crapped out early on. Also, the EVOD atomizers are not legit, so the real Kanger heads won't fit.

Now, I just keep my eyes peeled for Joytech and Vision eGos in the classies. I grab those when I can and use real EVOD atomizers from either surevapes or cravinvapes or purchased cheaply in a co-op. I buy chargers and cases cheaply from slowtech though.

When you talk about co-ops, do you mean the co-ops on these forums? Do they hold them often? I don't know if I qualify for access yet, I'll have to look into that.

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
I'm not familiar with Ego style batts, so could you tell me which one is better - the EVOD or the Ego-C? I don't mind paying more for an EVOD if it's better.

Same thing/The button style is just different:

EVOD - Almost flush with the battery case

EGO - Smaller button that protrudes a little

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
When you talk about co-ops, do you mean the co-ops on these forums? Do they hold them often? I don't know if I qualify for access yet, I'll have to look into that.

Yes, I mean the co-ops here on ECF. I have had good experiences with them - the mods are very strict on how they are run. You need to get verified before you can see or participate in them. Same thing with the classifieds. Do it right away, because it can take some time to get verified. Them you can start buying, sellling, and trading.

Ari Snow

Verified Member
May 10, 2014
Melbourne, FL
Yes, I mean the co-ops here on ECF. I have had good experiences with them - the mods are very strict on how they are run. You need to get verified before you can see or participate in them. Same thing with the classifieds. Do it right away, because it can take some time to get verified. Them you can start buying, sellling, and trading.

I applied last night to be verified via Paypal. Apparently the approvals are usually done on Sunday so hopefully by next week I'll be buying things from the classifieds and checking out the co-ops. :D

silenthunder

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
toronto

thanks for mentioning that. I'm goign to look into it too.

amoca

Feb 20, 2014
Canada
Same thing/The button style is just different:

EVOD - Almost flush with the battery case

EGO - Smaller button that protrudes a little
If you're like me who likes to wear lanyards, evods don't fit- I have one but am never happy just holding it- I like the hand's free, won't drop it idea of a lanyard. Love my evod battery, but all the rest of 21 are egos or spinners, it's only used for bedtime so I don't lose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread