HELP!! Sign this petition to raise awareness of ecig bans!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Link: EcigsSaveLives.info

Closes 9/01/2010!!

1. Fill in the petition form & leave a comment
2. Click the link in the email confirmation you'll receive (check your spam folder)
3. Check for your signature/comment here: http://actsmoking.epetitions.net/signatures.php?petition_id=1206
4. Link to it on your Facebook, MySpace, Blog, Twitter
5. Forward it to all of your friends, family and coworkers who support you (remind them how ecigs are helping you stay off cigarettes), for them to sign!!
6. THEN print out the PDF version, sign it, stuff it in an envelope and send it by snail mail to each person in the list at the bottom!!

Online petitions often are ineffective, because they are often poorly written, don't give facts, don't target the right people, aren't ever delivered by hand and don't validate emails. Also, online petitions are often called "slacktivism" because no one does the follow up work.

DON'T BE A SLACKTIVIST! :D

This petition is designed with the advice from advocacy experts!! The petition + signatures and comments will be printed out and mailed to each person on the list. Email addresses must be confirmed by clicking a link in an email that will be sent after you sign. It's filled with FACTS to raise public awareness and education about ecigs.

JUST SIGNING THE PETITION YOURSELF ISN'T ENOUGH! YOU HAVE TO FORWARD IT & MAIL IT!!

Although we hope it will cause a change of policy, the single most important result of this petition is NOT changing policy - it's the PUBLIC AWARENESS that will be achieved as YOU post it on the internet and give the link to your sphere of influence (friends, family, coworkers).

ONE VOICE IS A WHISPER. MANY VOICES ARE A ROAR!

Link: EcigsSaveLives.info

ALSO! Don't forget about making a COMMENT on the AAPHP petitions to the FDA: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...g-points-discussion-comments-submissions.html

Last edited:

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Fantastic petition Kristin! I'm on my way to getting this done.

Quick note though, the Tell a Friend link shows as disabled. I don't have a problem linking it to my Facebook and Twitter but other people might. If there is any way to get those links up it would be appreciated. :)
It seems to be disabled on all the site's petitions right now. :( Must be a glitch, considering their FAQs section says "Tell a Friend" is the most important feature!! I've emailed tech support - thanks for the heads up!

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
Done/Confirmed. I think we should spend time on looking for ways to get what we need after they are ban them. we do not have the numbers or money to win.

Ron, I know it's hard to be optimistic, but if you look at history, wars, both hot an cold, have been won by people who had much less than their opponents. Let's give it our best shot !!!

Kristin, I tweeted it and I will bump this thread when needed. Now, I have to fill out and mail the petition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread