Clogging Zeus Carts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjr

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
Hi Guys so I have been using the Zeus for a long time now im on my 4th batty I have used gosh a bunch of carts I only use them for a week and toss them as they begin to clog on me. I just got my 5 pack for the month and yesterday i went through three in one day :ohmy: They clogged almost instantly I used my needle to try and open them but would kill the cart, yeah im not very good at it. One cart just plain wouldn't fire at all filled it with 90 drops and nothing I adjusted the contact and still nothing :( im on number 4 today and its pretty much the same thing clogs easily. Im not sure whats the difference same juice same batty s terrible results any ideas? I guess i need to learn how does everyone clean there center hole with out damaging the electrode?

scott58

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
NorthWest Indiana
Have you cleaned your battery? Usually when I get a slow draw it comes down to clogged battery air holes. I use a standard office staple. They are perfect for clearing the holes in the battery. Besides that, not sure what the problem would be. I carry 3 smileomizers with me and they last about a month before I change them out. My juice is Traditional Tobacco and Wowbacco mixed to 6 mg.

bigjr

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
Hi yeah mine usually go for about a week before they seem done but the new batch of carts I just got clogged within hours I use a needle or paper clip to unclog them but most the time i end up damaging the coil wire or something making them taste off. Im not sure if my juice is off or my carts are different I just ordered more of both to see if it helps. The staple is a good idea thanks ill try that instead of my trusty thumb tack.

bigjr

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
Man got my new carts and juice in im getting about 1 day out of them before they start to clog and just like before I try to unclog and it messes up the little wire inside I can get it to work a couple times but then nothing they just stop making vapor? This really sucks at 5 bucks a pop this would be really expensive not to mention all the juice I have wasted :(

Stegle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Portland,Oregon
Where is customer service for V4L? I can't believe you aren't getting helped and replacements sent out.
I'm having a different problem on day one. 1 of 2 carts are giving a burnt taste after 120 drops and 35 minutes total fill time.
I didn't want to rush it and then it still is harsh and burnt. My juice is fine in anything else I use it in so I'm not buying the idea that
the juice is to blame. I'm past 4 years vaping and have used many devices, this shouldn't happen in a standard resistance carto at 4 volts, or 5 volts as the Zeus puts out!

Last edited:
Hi All,

I just opened a ticket regarding my smileomizers coil giving up. Basically, I would fill a smileomizer and within a day I would have to pull for a long time getting very little vapor and no throat hit. I measured the resistance on my coil and had 6 ohms. supposed to be 2.5!!
The staff at V4L were helpful as always and are sending replacements, but did mention an influx of complaints regarding the smileomizers. I was asked to measure the resistance prior to filling, that way I wouldn't waste so much juice on a dead or dying smileomizer.
So the good news is they are aware of an issue and are working towards a solution. Bad news is they don't know what that is or how log it will take...

Stegle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Portland,Oregon
Hi All,

I just opened a ticket regarding my smileomizers coil giving up. Basically, I would fill a smileomizer and within a day I would have to pull for a long time getting very little vapor and no throat hit. I measured the resistance on my coil and had 6 ohms. supposed to be 2.5!!
The staff at V4L were helpful as always and are sending replacements, but did mention an influx of complaints regarding the smileomizers. I was asked to measure the resistance prior to filling, that way I wouldn't waste so much juice on a dead or dying smileomizer.
So the good news is they are aware of an issue and are working towards a solution. Bad news is they don't know what that is or how log it will take...

That's good advice to check resistance first. Did they also ask you to send the bad ones back so they can look at them?
They asked me and I will do that to help them figure something out hopefully.

Maybe Audrey can address what I just discovered. Why oh why are the cartomizers on Ecigarking $15.95 each? They are the exact same thing as a Smileo are they not? I just can't help "feel" that the company is being greedy here catering to a different customer base of Cigar lovers who willingly pay top $ for a good cigar. I bought the limited edition kit but then I realized that they are 808 only and I'm using the 510's. And then I saw the price for the carto and was shocked and very concerned about the business practice going on there.
I thought the Smileo's were a little high priced but that is pure and simple greed.

roosterado

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2014
willmar MN
I ordered a few smileomizers awhile back because V4L e mailed me a mystery coupon code 30 to 45% off and I had a couple of VoltX2 808D batteries around from when I started vaping. Iuse them on and off I like to chew on the rubber end. I have not had 1 clog up yet so I have not tried cleaning one like I do my carto for carto tank. They were $7.50 and I got %35 off.I also have some in 510 I have not tried yet

roosterado

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2014
willmar MN
Hi All,

After reading your post I justed checked the ohms on 2 never used 510 Smileomizers both read 2.5 I do not have away to check the 808d's I have been using

That's good advice to check resistance first. Did they also ask you to send the bad ones back so they can look at them?
They asked me and I will do that to help them figure something out hopefully.

Stegle...

Hi, Yes they did ask to send back any failed Smileomizers, which I will do. Im not sure what good it will do? Im sure that its a production issue. There are 3 main complaints... Clogging, Burning and Coils being out of tolerance. I just hope they get it figured out soon. I think by measuring resistance prior to filling will help avoid some frustration by way of eliminating wasted juice, as well possibly knowing ahead of time how many "good" Smileomizers one actually has, and hopefully reorder before people end up like I did and go through 4 Smileomizers in a weekend and have to use a back up until replacements arrived...

I wanted to add, that I got a replacement shipment from the kind folks at V4L, However, I have gone through a Smileomizer per day!!
If I had paid for them that would mean $7 a day down the drain!!! I quit smoking because cigarette prices were getting to high. A smileomizer a day is equal to the price of a pack where I live. I love V4L and I love my zeus, but I think its time for a new rig, at least until this issue is for sure taken care of!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread