Did HHV change their production methods with pre-steeped juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zildjian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oregon
I have been ordering from HHV for quite some time now. Mainly Legend (Gandalf), Tuscan CoCo, Blueberry Muffin.

I have noticed as of the last 4 months or so that my juice has been coming what seems like pre-steeped.
Meaning it already has that caramel brownish color, when it used to come almost clear.

At first I thought it was because I was ordering 70/30 mix. Which is what they sell their samples at. So I could understand this as they possibly were filling it from their sample units.

So I started thinking if they were not making them to order anymore and have a supply with different mixes already made or just doctoring them to fill the need of the order from like a base.

Not complaining just curious.

Last edited:

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
I haven't ordered from them in a long while, but it kinda makes sense to me. My orders would take sometimes a week to ship and this was a year ago. Very popular vendor, so to save time I guess you would have to premix or hire many more people to mix.

I used to like Legend out of the bottle more than steeped though lol. So in my case it may not be ideal. I like it when a vendor throws in a freebie now and then like a sample or something to reward you for your loyalty. HHV never did that, ever.... They really don't need to, but some of the other big vendors do from time to time. Off topic sorry, morning rant I guess..... Need to jump in the shower and start my day.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
I haven't ordered from them in a long while, but it kinda makes sense to me. My orders would take sometimes a week to ship and this was a year ago. Very popular vendor, so to save time I guess you would have to premix or hire many more people to mix.

I used to like Legend out of the bottle more than steeped though lol. So in my case it may not be ideal. I like it when a vendor throws in a freebie now and then like a sample or something to reward you for your loyalty. HHV never did that, ever.... They really don't need to, but some of the other big vendors do from time to time. Off topic sorry, morning rant I guess..... Need to jump in the shower and start my day.

They've opened 2 B&M's and they've hired a lot of people , it's probably a different batch of extract that's causing the difference in color , tobacco itself varies from crop to crop , if you don't use additives extracts are gonna vary from batch to batch .

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
I can see that, but this is not just with Legend. It is also with Tuscan Coco, and I just got some Blueberry Muffin with my last order as well. and it was very dark.

Hmmmm in that case I'd ask on their thread , my TC was ordered zero nic so no tanning from nicotine at all .

Zildjian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oregon
To put this thread to rest, we have not changed our mixing methods. We simply have enough staff now to handle the volume of orders. Nicotine batches can vary in color. This can sometimes make drastic differences in color in a fresh mixed bottle.

Adam

Good enough. I am sending you a PM about something else. Please read.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
To put this thread to rest, we have not changed our mixing methods. We simply have enough staff now to handle the volume of orders. Nicotine batches can vary in color. This can sometimes make drastic differences in color in a fresh mixed bottle.

Adam

knew there was a legitimate answer for it... everyone should be happy :) ( I know I am :) )

Zildjian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oregon
quite true, and we know this, but the newer HHV users need to know it too and that's why we are here giving them the info they need :)

Not new to Heather's by any means. First order placed Wednesday 03 October, 2012. Have been ordering from them ever since.

I have just been noticing a change as of late, and hence my question. As it used to come almost clear, and yes a good indication of when a juice has been good n steeped is the color change. Nobody ever even mentioned quality, it was just a question on processes.

Don't read more into it then what was meant to be.

Heather's Army trying to defend something that isn't there. LOL I too consider myself part of this Army. I have recommended Legend to so so many people. So I am preaching the gospel myself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread