Status
Not open for further replies.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
Thought it was time this line had a thread of its own that will specify what we think of the flavors. These flavors are my number one favorite line in PG after trying close to 600 flavors in 3 years. They can be obtained directly from Bakers or as far as I know at one vendor and I don't know why because they are very good and its wonderful to use low flavor for a big taste JMO. Please feel free to add your opinions if you wish. The ones I use the most are listed below:

Vanilla Spongecake---sweet vanilla bakery type of heaven. Exceedingly strong if you vape high PG. If included in a multiple flavor mix, I use 1 or 2 drops per 30 ml. If I make it straight and want to add it later to something else I mix at .25%-.50%. vaping straight spongecake .20% is plenty for me-- your mileage may vary. Half a percent proved far too much as for me this flavor increases with time/steep considerably. I use this flavor ALOT but sparingly. I have found a trick that if your chocolate mixes are too flat or too something one drop of this opposing flavor can really give it a missing nuance.

Yuco: This is a tobacco flavor that claims to have a cocoa undertone. Vaped on its own I find it to be pleasant but generally I add other flavors to it to jazz it up. I would describe the base taste as somewhere between a very mild cigar to a very light pipe taste. Faint cocoa note. No perfumey smell. Its not overwhelming it is pleasant and smooth if used at .25 percent for me. .50% makes it more potent but does not necessarily improve it to my tastes. This flavor is dark and in a 30 ml mix with other flavors I use 4 to 5 drops if I want a tobacco note but other flavors shining through as well. It is not naturally sweet on its own. Above that it makes my mixes darker than I prefer which does not detract from its perfectness for me.

Caramel: I have never met a caramel I do not like. This one is no exception and I use it as an adjunct flavor. Vaping it on its own I am fine once again at .25-.50% max. It has a true caramel taste---no complaints on this one.

Cream Charlotte: This is is interesting it has a cognac undertone although to me it is not overwhelming but the cream aspect can be so I use this in my mixes very sparingly to give a creamy element.

Tobacco:
Nice light cigarette taste. Not in your face but enough to satisfy--pleasant smell and a good base for tobacco mixes. Keeps your mixes light in color which is a plus if vaped alone..50% to .75% is plenty as a standalone for my husband. He likes this one alot. I use it to create more complex mixes when I vape it.

Tabakum---more nuanced than Tobacco more smell and a few additional notes one I suspect is honey.Very nice if Tobacco is too mellow or plain for you.

Snuff Box:
Johnny go lightly on this flavor as it is bolder than the other four tobaccos and more like a real cigarette full flavor including an ash element taste and smell. Use this is you like a strong tobacco base.

Klondike: Darkest of the tobaccos next to Yuco claims to be a version of Gold Rush cigarette brand. I never had that thought so not sure what its supposed to mean but I would put this one in the medium tobacco intensity category. I mix this at .50%-.75% straight but am more likely to doctor it up slightly with other flavors. It will make a darker final product.

Chocolate Truffle: One of the best and most versatile chocolate flavors I have tried-- if used sparingly. Has the potential to overpower the mix if you use too much. Nuanced creamy chocolate with some underlying notes that I have not identified but make it a more complex chocolate.

Creme Brulee: For me this is strictly an enhancer if you need a creamy note in your mix. I would not vape it straight. Its too creamy and rich a flavor for that for my taste. I get buttery creamy slight toffee on this one.

Canat: mild tobacco with fruity almost dark brandy wine like tone for me. I like it straight or slightly jazzed up with a few other fruits although you have to go sparingly if you want the tobacco part to remain.

I will continue to add more flavors I have tried from this line in the days to come---feel free to add yours especially if you vape high VG as your experience/amount needed will vary.

Last edited:

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Thanks for starting this thread, Shilo. It will be nice to have a spot to check out the flavors you can get from "the Motherland". I have yet to order direct, but have obtained a couple of bottles and they are amazing. I can't get over how little is needed for fantastic flavor. So far I've tried the Creme Brulee, Chocolate Truffle, and Blueberry.
I happen to like the Creme Brulee standalone at ~1 - 2%. I haven't tried it as a mixer yet, but can see it's value.
The Chocolate Truffle is the best chocolate I've tried to date. Like you said, it can over power if you use too much, but when mixed right, WOW is it something.
Blueberry is a nice bright flavor. It reminds me more of slightly sweetened berries helping avoid that little bit of sourness you get with the fresh berry.
I'm hoping to get more from the source when feasible. Thanks again for starting this thread....:)

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
The more I use the regular Chocolate flavor the more I find that the Chocolate Truffle meets my tastes better. It is not bad more like a mild milk chocolate but if given the choice I use the Chocolate Truffle far more at this point.

If anyone has tried more of the fruits than I have (not generally highly used by me) I would love to hear about the best ones. :)

EDIT: I am liking this Canat more and more---this is on my list for the future.

Last edited:

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
I agree concerning the Chocolate vs Chocolate Truffle. Both taste good but the CT is more "filled out". ( I always feel like a wine taster when describing juices....lol) I use them both but find I'll use the C to mix and the CT for standalone use.
I have used Apricot and Blueberry. Both are excellent and taste very much like the fresh fruits or fruit juices. The A has a great sweet flavor with the little bit of tart like you get when eating one. Blueberry is just plain old sweet all the way. I'd recommend both of them with no reservations.
Everything I've mentioned has been mixed @ 1% in 65/45 PG/VG base no nic or 6 mg/ml nic.
Hope this helps a little with the fruits, Shilo......

PS.... someone PM'd me saying they were not getting a reply from Bakers when they emailed them. Have you had any problems like that? Just being nosy...... TIA

BakuPeg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Gainesville, Ga
I love the new thread. I buy my flavoring from many different companies I do feel a little uncomfortable posting on the other thread. One single flavoring company could never 100 percent fill my need.

They reply slowly may take a day or 2. The eagle has been spotted my package will arrive this week. I am so excited.

Darn I think I forgot the blueberry. How could I forget to order blueberry? ??

Oh well looks like I need to make another order. Maybe next month while I make all new recipes with my new flavors. Its almost like being a painter and now I have new colors to work with.

They have emailed me once this week. :wub::wub::wub::banana::banana:

Last edited:

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
woohoo .. just found this thread, thanks for starting it Shilo! For the past almost 1 1/2 years these are the only flavors I vape.

Where ya been Caramel Queen???? :lol:

Yeah me too but for me its more like 70%---there are still some other specific flavors I use in other lines. The only new (for me) line I have started to explore after these is Inawera and even that one I have tried in moderation. Other than that , I pretty much have found my" keepers" in the Bakers line. I miss seeing you stashy.

horton I did not hear back from them on if they would be bringing back Tabakum or whether it was a temporary thing. They told me the minimum order was $100 now.

BakuPeg thanks for sharing your ordering experiences with us---especially those of us who haven't ordered direct yet but want to-- any info is good to have. Hope your order arrives as expected. I'd be excited too....lol

BakuPeg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Gainesville, Ga
Something arrived today. I am so excited! ! :banana: hubby is making me a new mixing desk soon. I can't wait to start mixing!

If Tabakum is discontinued I better use my little 10mls with care.

Attachments

• 20140616_201147.jpg
    20140616_201147.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:

Starlyte2

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2012
Carcassonne, France
On the Russian site the guy does mention that some flavors contain diactyl, which is why I've never bought any from there, or, for that matter, from "the other site" that sells them.

Problem is, they are incredibly inviting, and REALLY cheap in Russia.

Shilo, I don't know if you're good in Russian (written :p ) but could you get a list of which contain diactyl, or is it a DIY thread?
I really would like to give some a try, but without poisoning myself. Google Translate isn't too good in Russian and I'm not even worth a mention. :D

This is a great thread that you started up, very much needed too.
I think I might take another look at their site now. Maybe they've translated it, after the time. It is so difficult picking flavors by picture!
I use green tea instead of fresh mint the other day. Lucky it wasn't in the other sense as green tea is quite...neutral as tastes go.

Last edited:

BakuPeg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Gainesville, Ga
You don't need to know Russian use Chrome and have it auto translate.

The Caramel and cream bule are fantastic in tea.
This is from the Russian site :

The name of the flavoring

Content

diacetyl

Apricot

No

Pineapple

No

Orange

No

Banana

No

Barberry

No

Vanilla

No

Grapes

No

Cherry

No

Pear

No

Duchess pear

No

Caramel

0.2%

Strawberries

No

Coconut

No

Brandy

No

Mocha

No

Creme Brulee

0.08%

Lemon

No

Raspberries

0.0009%

Honey

No

Honey

No

Almonds

0.01%

Mint

No

Peach

No

Rum

No

Blackcurrant

No

Tiramisu

0.6%

Chocolate

No

Apple

No

Last edited:

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
From what I saw on their site, the amount of diacetyl is minimal plus I would think one would have to factor in the "dilution" factor when it's mixed with air upon vaping, how well the lungs absorbs it, how long you hold it in your lungs before exhaling, etc. to really figure out how much we get in our system in the end.
There is a neat little calculator here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rn-diacetyl-acetoin-acetyl-propionyl-etc.html .

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
Ive been told that the Klondike flavoring in this line is similar to Golden Virginia in the Signature line at ECX. If anyone has tried both could you let me know your thoughts? The few reviews I see of Klondike say it has chocolate notes or is more of a pipe tobacco, and Golden Virginia definitely isnt either of those.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Glad you started this thread too Shilo...
I heard before that VZ sells the Baker line.
I've been using some of the VZ SC Alcohol based tobacco flavors and really like them so far.
Flue Cured
Parliament
Wenston
Real Cig
Wondering if these are Bakers' too?
The Bakerflavors blogspot now shows $3000 USD minimum order:(
http://baker-flavors.blogspot.ru/2013/10/we-accept-orders-on-our-email.html
Pretty certain that the only Baker flavors on the VZ site are the VZ Gourmet flavors. I'm sure Shilo will be coming along at some point and will correct me if this is incorrect.
In terms of the 3K minimum, that sounds like the minimum for a wholesale order..... I think the minimum for us would be $100 .
Hope this helps.....

Heabob

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
Bay City, Michigan
Pretty certain that the only Baker flavors on the VZ site are the VZ Gourmet flavors. I'm sure Shilo will be coming along at some point and will correct me if this is incorrect.
In terms of the 3K minimum, that sounds like the minimum for a wholesale order..... I think the minimum for us would be $100 .
Hope this helps.....

Thanks, sorry I edited that post (you quoted)after reading pretty much what you said on that other thread, lol.
Think the alcohol based SC tobaccos are China, just can't find them in Hangsen, Dekang, or Tobacco Express (all PG).
Ya, the other thread I was reading said 100 min.
I see VZ is OOS on the Cake and V. Spongecake:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread