New to HHV, question about juices and placing order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Hi everyone,

I haven't tried any of HHV juices as of yet, but plan on placing an order in the next few days. I am mainly interested in their tobacco flavors and that's primarily what my order will consist of. I've noticed while looking through this part of the forum people mentioning "extra flavor". With that in mind my questions are:

1. Have any of you needed to add extra flavor to the tobacco line they have? If so, which ones have benefited from this?
2. What tobacco flavors did you add to your re-order or must have list?

Additionally any comments regarding their tobacco line would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Skeebo

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Hi Skeebo, nice to see you popping up @ Army HQ.

"Extra Flavor" can be added with a liquid order if desired by adding that instruction in the "Comments" part of the order form. It is not an option listed per flavor, since, honestly, it is not needed. But taste is subjective, and some folks enjoy very strong flavors.

I have never asked for "Extra Flavor," as I feel the liquids do not need them. All of the tobaccos, Purity or not, have full flavor. Sometimes a steep is required to bring out more notes or balance in a liquid. I enjoy my Huntsman after 3 months of steeping, but I enjoy my Heavenly ARMY after a week.

My personal favorites of the tobacco lines are Heavenly ARMY, Shadow, Legend, Hunstman, and recently Georgia Peach Tobacco and Temptation. Others might be in lesser rotation periodically, but those are the mainstays.

Saturday would be a good day to order ;)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hi everyone,

I haven't tried any of HHV juices as of yet, but plan on placing an order in the next few days. I am mainly interested in their tobacco flavors and that's primarily what my order will consist of. I've noticed while looking through this part of the forum people mentioning "extra flavor". With that in mind my questions are:

1. Have any of you needed to add extra flavor to the tobacco line they have? If so, which ones have benefited from this?
2. What tobacco flavors did you add to your re-order or must have list?

Additionally any comments regarding their tobacco line would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Skeebo

Hi Skeebo, here is a comprehensive list of HHV tobaccos.

1 Caramel Apple Tobacco (as described)
2 Dark Horse* (earthy, plain)
3 Dragon's Fire* (choco chip, honey)
4 Legend* (hints of cherry-like flavor)
5 Gaia* (Earthy)
6 Georgia Peach Tobacco (as described)
7 Maple, Eh?* (Grassy w/Maple note)
8 Sludge* (raisin/plum)
9 Heavenly Army* (creamy base, graham top note)
10 Heavenly Tobacco (nutty RY4)
11 Huntsman* (grassy/earthy)
12 Jiggy* (gummy bears)
13 Oompa* (dark choco)
14 Pirate's Booty* (choco/tea)
15 Serendipity* (choco/tea)
16 Shadow* (creamy, light vanilla)
17 Swish Sweet (same as the cigar)
18 Temptation* (dark chocolate with medium creamy note)
19 Vapin' Chimp (banana)

* Indicates NET (Naturally Extracted Tobacco)

According to Adam (Mr.Heather), his experience says he doesn't notice much, if any change by additional extract. Neither do I. But some swear they do. Sadly, you will not get a consistent answer with regard to extra extract.

The most popular flavors are (not in any kind of order)...

Legend
Huntsman
Dragon's Fire
Shadow
Heavenly Army
Serendipity

But there are plenty of people who like more than these. But this list is a good starting point for you. HHV is running a sale on June 21 (Saturday). 30% off (Coupon Code: SUMMER30).

Let us know what you order. :)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Hi Skeebo, so glad you decided to give HHV a try. Your timing is great, as jef and Bronze have mentioned.

The list from Bronze will get you started out well with a good idea of flavors. Taste does vary, and for me Dark Horse is just pure, straight up tobacco flavor with the slightest creaminess. And the closest to a rich, spicy cigar since quitting them is Pirate's Booty.

The other tobaccos layer in more flavors and are a little sweeter than those two.

Welcome, enjoy - and look forward to hearing what you order and how you like them.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Since I order 100VG, I find that the extra flavor shot boosts the "enjoyability" of my juice...
juices I order on a regular basis include

the wife luvs the Crackberry and Java choices ( also 100VG with 2X flavor)

I can definitely understand why it would be needed with 100% VG. I'll probably be going with 70/30.

I have my eye on the flavors you like as well. I'm thinking 9-30ml bottles of different flavors should assist in making sure some is left during the duration to attain proper steepage. <-- I made that word.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I can definitely understand why it would be needed with 100% VG. I'll probably be going with 70/30.

I have my eye on the flavors you like as well. I'm thinking 9-30ml bottles of different flavors should assist in making sure some is left during the duration to attain proper steepage. <-- I made that word.

BK would call it ageage. :)

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
I would agree with most of what everyone else has said--especially about HHV's NET flavors. I LOVE me some Serendipity, Huntsman, and Legend.

But I also REALLY like "Heavenly Waffles", especially with extra flavor, and additional whipped cream and strawberries...

"Heavenly Waffles" is the only juice I've ever ordered with "extra flavor". I can tell a difference. It tastes richer, maltier, and just more "waffle-y".

But I've never seen a need to get extra flavor on the NETs. They are pretty intense on their own...

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
I also vape 100%VG , some flavors like Legend and Dragon's fire benefit from the extra flavor , others not , but it's up to your individual sense of taste , I order all juices normal at first then decide if they need a boost , try them without first and decide from there , most of us can't agree on what a juice tastes like let alone if it needs extra extract added .

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
BK would call it ageage. :)

Sounds like my kind of person... I make up my own words, sayings, and dances all the time. My daughters think I'm weird.

I would agree with most of what everyone else has said--especially about HHV's NET flavors. I LOVE me some Serendipity, Huntsman, and Legend.

But I also REALLY like "Heavenly Waffles", especially with extra flavor, and additional whipped cream and strawberries...

"Heavenly Waffles" is the only juice I've ever ordered with "extra flavor". I can tell a difference. It tastes richer, maltier, and just more "waffle-y".

But I've never seen a need to get extra flavor on the NETs. They are pretty intense on their own...

Thanks for the advice... I'll keep that waffle flavor on my short list of things to try.

I also vape 100%VG , some flavors like Legend and Dragon's fire benefit from the extra flavor , others not , but it's up to your individual sense of taste , I order all juices normal at first then decide if they need a boost , try them without first and decide from there , most of us can't agree on what a juice tastes like let alone if it needs extra extract added .

Thanks for the reply! I'll see what my subjective desires like and go from there!

Thanks again everyone, you all have been so helpful. I made a list of what I am ordering, and even used the ole star method to decide which ones I want. I can't wait..... for what I don't have yet to finish steeping.

Skeebo

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Hello everyone, happy Saturday! I placed another order through HHV yesterday and just wanted some advice on two new juices I ordered. The two new ones I haven't tried before are Heavenly Army and Huntsman. I know with my previous order I did the caps and tips off for 24 hours thing, and plus the proper ageing/steepage. Is it the same for HA and Huntsman?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hello everyone, happy Saturday! I placed another order through HHV yesterday and just wanted some advice on two new juices I ordered. The two new ones I haven't tried before are Heavenly Army and Huntsman. I know with my previous order I did the caps and tips off for 24 hours thing, and plus the proper ageing/steepage. Is it the same for HA and Huntsman?

Yepper. Follow the same procedure. But try a little during the first week and throughout the steeping process. Huntsman and Heavenly Army are very opposite one another so you have the spectrum covered there. Heavenly Army shares the same creamy base as Shadow...just a darker top note (Shadow = vanilla, HA = graham-like). Huntsman is grassy/Earthy.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Heavenly ARMY never leaves my rotation. If I only vaped one liquid, it would be HA. And the wonderful thing about HA is it is good nearly FOOB. I usually give it about 1 week after the normal breathing, but otherwise -- BAM! Vape it. The tobacco does come forward more after a month or so, but HA is just so good either fresh or well aged.

Huntsman, however, needs a nice long steep to reach it's full potential. While young and pale, it's closer to Dark Horse (rather plain grassy tobacco). After 3 months, it's a dense forest of woodland flavors and Autumnal colors -- complex and woodsy with a touch of maple/honey and big on flavor. One of HHV's strongest tobaccos and well worth the wait.

I hope you enjoy them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread