Can you charge an Ego VV3 with a normal ego charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Don't have one but take a look at this thread and particularly this post #42 by a supplier associate:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...less-steel-ego-can-do-all-5.html#post11729010

"No, it cannot be charged with an Ego charger. If you try it can blow the regulator circuits and ruin the batt. It can only be charged with the USB cable."

Go to first post to make sure it's the same device......

Been great if'n they'd put that info on their website also...............

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2014
    UK
    Don't have one but take a look at this thread and particularly this post #42 by a supplier associate:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...less-steel-ego-can-do-all-5.html#post11729010

"No, it cannot be charged with an Ego charger. If you try it can blow the regulator circuits and ruin the batt. It can only be charged with the USB cable."

Go to first post to make sure it's the same device......

Thanks for that. & Yes it's the same device. Glad I didn't blow mine up in the cause of experimentation.

Kent C

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    Been great if'n they'd put that info on their website also...............

I agree. That's what I liked about the Trueman RS/TF1:

"1. eGo-RS battery can be charged by an eGo USB charger directly. The usual charging time is 2.5 hours.
    2. eGo-RS battery can also be charged by an external charger. The output of it is 3.7v 450mah. The charging will stop automatically at 4.2v when it's fully charged."

Zenvaporusa had this confusing statement :)

"This still does not have an eGo charger option for charging (by screwing the connector area into your standard eGo charger although it appears it will as is does screw into an eGo USB charger. But, the batteries were charged so I could not test this for sure. The manual didn't have any information other than that you plug it into a USB power source to charge such as the powered USB port on your computer or a car USB adapter (we would recommend an adapter that provides 2amps which we sell here at GotVapes). The display also, of course, shows the voltage you have set from 3.0-6.0. "

But nothing at gotvapes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread