Rebuildable Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hebram

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2014
Oakland, Tennessee, United States
I am hoping the family can help me out. I am about to venture in to rebuildables. I have decided to purchase an Igo-W for my Vamo V5. I am going cheap on the rda, since I want to replace my Vamo with a REO. I really like the idea of dripping without the fuss and REO seems the way to go. The money I save on the Igo will be applied to the REO and RM2. The Igo will get me dripping and my teeth cut on rebuilding until I can afford the REO.

The last thing I want to do I get all my supplies in, goto the workbench, and realize I a missing something. Below is what I know I need at this point. Could you assist in filling in the missing pieces? Suggestions for brand and suppliers are also very welcome. A lot of you are pros and already knows what works well.

Kanathal A1 wire (gauge suggestions?)
Organic cotton
Hand torch
Tweezers
Cutters
5/64 screwdriver for wrapping (other size suggestions?)
Volt-Ohm meter

I also remember seeing a liquid you apply to the coil contacts. I cannot remember what the stuff is called.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
I am hoping the family can help me out. I am about to venture in to rebuildables. I have decided to purchase an Igo-W for my Vamo V5. I am going cheap on the rda, since I want to replace my Vamo with a REO. I really like the idea of dripping without the fuss and REO seems the way to go. The money I save on the Igo will be applied to the REO and RM2. The Igo will get me dripping and my teeth cut on rebuilding until I can afford the REO.

The last thing I want to do I get all my supplies in, goto the workbench, and realize I a missing something. Below is what I know I need at this point. Could you assist in filling in the missing pieces? Suggestions for brand and suppliers are also very welcome. A lot of you are pros and already knows what works well.

Kanathal A1 wire (gauge suggestions?) 29 is my favorite. 30 is good but is a bit too fragile for a long lasting coil. Temco is my kanthal supplier, their prices are fair and they ship fast
Organic cotton
Hand torch
Tweezers
Cutters Go to walmart and buy a cheap set of nail clipper that has the straight across toe nail pair. A set is like $1.98 and it works really well to clip the legs of the coil close to the post
Volt-Ohm meter

I also remember seeing a liquid you apply to the coil contacts. I cannot remember what the stuff is called.

Not sure on the oil you mean but I'm sure others would know. Also buy an eyeglass repair kit for the phillips screw driver if you don't already have one small enough. And congrats on breaking into a new experience in vaping!!

emegaz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2012
Arizona
I am hoping the family can help me out. I am about to venture in to rebuildables. I have decided to purchase an Igo-W for my Vamo V5. I am going cheap on the RDA, since I want to replace my Vamo with a REO. I really like the idea of dripping without the fuss and REO seems the way to go. The money I save on the Igo will be applied to the REO and RM2. The Igo will get me dripping and my teeth cut on rebuilding until I can afford the REO.

Kanathal A1 wire (gauge suggestions?) I use 28 the most on my RBAs. got 250ft from kidneypuncher.com for around 20$
Organic cotton Maxim Hygiene Products Organic Cotton Balls -- 100 Cotton Balls from Amazon aroudn 7$
Hand torch Blazer GB4001 Stingray Butane Torch, Black, I got that from amazon as well but I wouldnt suggest it. It's a bit more firepower then whats really needed for torching just coils
Tweezers I just suggest ya get some with flat ends if you intend to do micro coils
Cutters
Volt-Ohm meter

emegaz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2012
Arizona
I've gone 4months on the same coil. When I first started I was rebuilding on a vivi nova with 32 ans silica. I still have a bunch of the 32 left after 1+year. I wouldn't get 250ft at first get a variety of a few different gauges to find one ya really like then buy 250ft lol But for protank heads Id say 30 would be about the best for 1-1.5ohm on rda 28 is about best. Not to say ya cant use 28 on protank heads etc but ya gotta do more wraps. Also get a ohms law app for ya smartphone or use this site http://www.the12volt.com/ohm/ohmslawcalculators.asp

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Kanathal A1 wire (gauge suggestions?) - I use 28gu Kanthal (round) from Temco 100' us under 10 dollars on ebay
Organic cotton - Koh Gen Do make-up pads ($8)
Hand torch - not needed, a lighter will suffice
Tweezers - they have some ceremic tipped tweezers on Fast-tech that are cheap, but I haven't tried them... I just salvaged some from the bathroom
Cutters - Super Shears <<love these, but, a cheap pair of sewing scissors will work
5/64 screwdriver for wrapping (other size suggestions?) <<< set of drill bits works, cheap at walmart
Volt-Ohm meter

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
I suggest either the Koh Gen Do cotton or the rayon from the Beauty Supply instead of cotton balls. You would eventually want them, anyway, since there is a lot of talk about them. Might as well save yourself a few dollars and get one of the now.

Also, while you are buying the tweezers, get a new pair of toenail clippers. It lets you trim the wire down to the post to prevent shifting Ohms or causing shorts after you install it.

I get my Kanthal from Temco. You can get smaller spools and the quality is excellent. I tend to use 28 and 30 gauge the most.

Also, 1/16 drill bit for those times you need a smaller diameter coil

Edit: I see Clark mentioned some of my suggestions and I did forget the scissors to cut the wicking material.

Last edited:

Hebram

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2014
Oakland, Tennessee, United States
I forgot the most important thing you have to add to your kit.

500ml of Virus!

[whispers]A Provari[/whispers]

*runs from thread

Very important! I opened my first 30ml of it yesterday. I think there is something wrong with my bottle. It is depleting too rapidly. Makes you wanna slap yo momma!

I am putting in an order for more soon. I read a rumor that something special is coming soon, so I am waiting to snatch that up with it.

From what I have read about the Provari, I would go with it if I were to upgrade to another regulated mod. Maybe one day I will own both. At the rate I am going, that is highly likely. =)

Last edited:

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
Very important! I opened my first 30ml of it yesterday. I think there is something wrong with my bottle. It is depleting too rapidly. Makes you wanna slap yo momma!

I am putting in an order for more soon. I read a rumor that something special is coming soon, so I am waiting to snatch that up with it.

From what I have read about the Provari, I would go with it if I were to upgrade to another regulated mod. Maybe one day I will own both. At the rate I am going, that is highly likely. =)

Clark releases new stuff on Tuesday mornings. Around 9:30 Central time. I place my order not long after :)

tick22

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Vanceboro, NC
I just started to build my own coils. In fact my first working one a couple of nights ago.
The one thing everyone forgot to mention is.
No matter what goes wrong or looks funny, you forgot to do or it will not fire, don't give up, keep working at it.
patience is the key word....
being of the older generation, (Iam, not sure about you)The eyes are going, the hands shake a little more than they use to and little wires are nearly invisible to us...
it took a while to even keep a hold on the wire without it slipping or pulling through my fingers.
As each part of the build starts to take form, relax, then go to the next thing and when you finish the first one, if it does not fire, just take a breath, mutter to yourself and again smile.
then start again....

Now if those young whippersnappers tell you they make it on their first try and it worked, someone is either fibbing or should just keep quiet..
laughs...

Good luck and remember

patience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread