Status
Not open for further replies.

Bionicunderwear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2014
Springville, Utah, United States
I know everyone is all into provaris and stuff like that but I want something small and compact....If I may even say. .girlie. I don't want some massive hunk of metal but want a good one for a tank. Also something that won't break the bank. I know everyone is going to say drippers and such. I don't want that. I want to use it with a tank. Any ideas?

Bionicunderwear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2014
Do you have a preference on regulated or mech? Internal battery or external? If it's external battery do you have a preference on 18350 or 18650? Did those questions make sense or did I just ask you gibberish?
Regulated.
External bat. Would like one that I could use either of the batteries. For example..If I want it more compact I can use the small bat. Not gibberish. I know I've only been at this a little over a month but have been reading a lot lol

Cool-breeze

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Upstate sc
Lol I meant no offense but I remember asking for help and people assuming I knew the vaping lingo when I did not. So you're after a regulated telescopic mod. The svd comes to mind as a mod that has a decent following. Never used it myself. I will say any regulated tube mod always seems kinda big. I'm not sure how small of a mod you're going for either.

Bionicunderwear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2014
Lol I meant no offense but I remember asking for help and people assuming I knew the vaping lingo when I did not. So you're after a regulated telescopic mod. The svd comes to mind as a mod that has a decent following. Never used it myself. I will say any regulated tube mod always seems kinda big. I'm not sure how small of a mod you're going for either.
Hmm that one looks hefty. Any others littler?

Cool-breeze

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Upstate sc
I'm sure there are but I'm not familiar with them. To answer you I would google telescope ecig, regulated telescopic, mods similar to svd etc etc and post back lol. Telescopic was never a concept that appealed to me. Something that might help another answer you better is let us know what you're ok spending. Break the bank means different things to different people. I will say if you're looking to vape long term vs a short game to quit nicotine all together the more expensive mods up front tend to be cheaper over the course of 6 months or a year. Just food for thought.

BeRight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2009
Ellicott City, Maryland
Couple of itaste ideas but both have built batteries with usb charging and even so - are my favorites: the vv v3 and the MVP 2. Low price great performers and both of mine have served me well for months.

The way I look at less expensive devices is that they are expendables. Hoping for two years but I'll take one year for one that can take heavy use and abuse and keeps on ticking.

I forgo the additional expense and carrying of batteries ( sometimes needing different sizes ) plus charger. Price of quality batteries ( nice to have four in rotation) + decent charger costs is more that another MVP 2.

I have two MVP 2s - first cost $40.50 and second $35 to my door.

Their are many things that can fail on an intelligent battery device: fire button, selection button, internal electronics, 510 connection, internal battery life, +? So, maybe having an internal non-replaceable battery for low price and ease of portability is not a bad thing.

Now, if I already had newish batteries and a charger for other devices - then my choices might be different.

Different strokes for different folks.

Hope you find a good performer at reasonable cost.

Bionicunderwear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2014
Couple of itaste ideas but both have built batteries with usb charging and even so - are my favorites: the vv v3 and the MVP 2. Low price great performers and both of mine have served me well for months.

The way I look at less expensive devices is that they are expendables. Hoping for two years but I'll take one year for one that can take heavy use and abuse and keeps on ticking.

I forgo the additional expense and carrying of batteries ( sometimes needing different sizes ) plus charger. Price of quality batteries ( nice to have four in rotation) + decent charger costs is more that another MVP 2.

I have two MVP 2s - first cost $40.50 and second $35 to my door.

Their are many things that can fail on an intelligent battery device: fire button, selection button, internal electronics, 510 connection, internal battery life, +? So, maybe having an internal non-replaceable battery for low price and ease of portability is not a bad thing.

Now, if I already had newish batteries and a charger for other devices - then my choices might be different.

Different strokes for different folks.

Hope you find a good performer at reasonable cost.
Don't laugh. I started with Itaste vv v3. Last week i got the mvp2. I have issues....more more more....I want more toys!

Cool-breeze

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Upstate sc
Don't laugh. I started with Itaste vv v3. Last week i got the mvp2. I have issues....more more more....I want more toys!

The MVP is a great little device. Had you said internal bat was an option I would have said that for sure. What you have is GAS ( gear acquisition syndrome ). There's no known cure but many support groups ;) The costs of batteries and chargers was mentioned compared to buying 2 MVPs. While that does suck once, it only sucks once. Then the occasional battery. MVP with heavy use is 6 months to maybe a year. It's a great device for its price and takes a decent beating it's still disposable and has limitations, I've also seen them die at 3 months of daily use first hand. They are perfect for beginners, great as backups debatable for the long run IMO. But back to point. Did some searching with no luck. All the telescopic I found was mechanicals as well as most of the smaller mods :( for what it's worth the bigger mods don't seem so bad after a little use.

J_B_86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
QLD, Australia
I have been looking for something like this myself. I plan on an itaste 134 which is big but also want a more compact mod for out and about.

So far the sieglei zmax v5 looks like a decent choice, can use 18350 or 18650 batteries. Comes in at about 10mm shorter than the SVD. 22mm diameter is good for mid to large clearos like the aerotank or nautilus. Sleek look about it. Plenty of features and capable of up to 15W. Price is right too, I can get one locally for $60 AUD and will be even less in the US I imagine.

Last edited:

Bionicunderwear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2014
I have been looking for something like this myself. I plan on an itaste 134 which is big but also want a more compact mod for out and about.

So far the sieglei zmax v5 looks like a decent choice, can use 18350 or 18650 batteries. Comes in at about 10mm shorter than the SVD. 22mm diameter is good for mid to large clearos like the aerotank or nautilus. Sleek look about it. Plenty of features and capable of up to 15W. Price is right too, I can get one locally for $60 AUD and will be even less in the US I imagine.

Did you know that there is an Itaste Mini? That is what I want. It looks like the big one but slimmer and smaller. It is a thing of beauty!

JSRP

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If you have money then the vaporshark dna20/dna30 is one of the smallest out there (but has an internal battery) Another option ios the Provari Mini

Also another idea to consider is a mech mod with a kick2 added (this is a little device you buy separate which adds regulation, wattage control, etc). Some of the smallest mods include the Stingray or 4nine.

J_B_86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
QLD, Australia
Did you know that there is an Itaste Mini? That is what I want. It looks like the big one but slimmer and smaller. It is a thing of beauty!

Yeah I considered the mini, its certainly more practical but I'm gonna go all out and get the big one as I want to use the 18650 batteries and it will be funny to have it just for shock value. The thing to consider with the Itaste 134 and mini is that you don't get a real lot for your money. It has VW which is the only thing that is a must have for me but that's all it has. Its a mod you only buy if you want something that looks great and unique which is why I'm getting one.

Danssoslow

Verified Member
If you are looking for something on the cheap, DFW is selling SIDs for $19.95; and replacement 18350 tubes are available online for roughly $9 give or take. If you decide in the future to buy an Evic or Evic Supreme, the SID tubes will fit onto the Evic head for a change in color/battery size.

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
How about something like the Vamo Mukey? $38.65 Vamo Mukey Double Barrel Variable Voltage/Wattage Mod / APV - 3V-6V / 3W-15W / black chromed brass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Otherwise, the SID / eVic option is a winner. I used the eVic with an 18350 tube and it is pretty small, but battery life was a bit short ... LOL ...

As for the iTaste Mini, do you mean the iTaste 134 Mini? If so, it is still quite large, relative to the other options anyway. It is just about as tall as an eVic with an 18650 tube ...

HTH!

Bionicunderwear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2014
How about something like the Vamo Mukey? $38.65 Vamo Mukey Double Barrel Variable Voltage/Wattage Mod / APV - 3V-6V / 3W-15W / black chromed brass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Otherwise, the SID / eVic option is a winner. I used the eVic with an 18350 tube and it is pretty small, but battery life was a bit short ... LOL ...

As for the iTaste Mini, do you mean the iTaste 134 Mini? If so, it is still quite large, relative to the other options anyway. It is just about as tall as an eVic with an 18650 tube ...

HTH!
Yes that is what I meant. I will check out your link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread