e liquid as anti depressant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if anyone had this side effect, I seem to have leveled off in mood no highs, no lows, seems to keep me on an even keel. I dont have depression problems but what I have noticed is that I used to be an avid gamer, I spent 80% of my free time playing games, they kept me excited. Since I started vaping I can't sit in front of a game for more than 15 minutes before getting bored, I mean games I could play for 8 hours or more before and I will get excited for a new game, buy it, play 5 minutes and be done. I have heard about people being in a fog after vaping and I have gotten used to it so I am thinking this stuff is affecting me in my brain but it seems the FDA and others are more concerned about taxing and regulating it than to do test for health, ah well at least I am saving money....

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
All the stuff I use to do got boring when I discovered vaping. I spend all my time here now. :D There are probably others that feel the same was as you do. I got the same kind of comfort from cigarettes for 40 some years. Vaping is no different for me. I am pretty happy (as long as no one gets on my reserve nerve). Happy vaping to you. :)

Firecrow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Toronto, Ontario

KENNY V

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2013
nj
another interesting thing is that i drink a huge cup of coffee every morning and I used to get such a jolt from it but now i can't even feel the caffeine. I don't really feel sad or anything, I just feel as though my moods have been stabilized. I don't really get excited or sad about anything anymore.

rem everyone here is not your shrink, or doc only a fellow struggle rs
FWIW
Sounds like other issues to me wouldn't give it much thought on the medical side . However if you are not changing your lifestyle looking to get to underlying reasons why you smoked in first place than you may not be addressing the real culprit to your addictions .
Ok my 2 cents worth ,

. first off nicotine would be the only stimulant here, Cigarettes contained MAOIs in them. Unless you are vaping the magic Juices , you would not be replacing / adding the MAOIS what the analogs contained . If you are feeling good- great !!! keep goin . Slow and steady kick the bad habit.... .If you are bored irritable not calm and anxious id say more homework to do in the self help department.

Rem slow and steady always find replacements for the bad habits to good ones .. ex Eat healthy , walking exercise , prayer, stress relievers. Change things up....
Good luck God Bless
KV

Last edited:

Captainlady

Aug 7, 2014
Canada
People love to go on about the chemicals in your brain like they know what they're talking about. No one does really. Which is fine once you find something that works enough for you to be able to function and sort out everything else, if you need that sort of thing.

But I digress. Maybe you're not internalizing all the guilt and self hatred that smoking brings now that you're vaping. For me, while smoking definitely eased my depression and mood related symptoms knowing that I was wasting thousands of dollars on a product whose long term risks did not outweigh the short term benefits left me feeling anxious and out of control whenever I smoked and whenever I wanted to quit. When I feel that way, I may be even more prone to mood swings and escape like behaviors such as 8 hour gamethons and smoking. It's a vicious cycle. You smoke because you feel bad and you feel bad because you smoke. Then again, feeling flat like you just don't care and losing interest in things that you really enjoyed can be a symtom of depression.

You need to ask yourself why you were gaming so long in the first place. Were you really enjoying the games or were you simply using them as a tool to ignore your problems and maybe speak with a professional, close friend or loved one and get their opinion on whats going on with you lately.

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
Who knows what is going on really. You may just be outgrowing an old hobby is all. Are you happy about this change or does it worry you?

I used to be an avid gamer as well and get bored quickly as well these days. If it bothers you do some research or speak to a health professional. Your head is foggy only really in the first couple months give or take. You eventually adjust and may be back to your old self again eventually. Hope things work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread