FDA Reply from GA Congressman Woodall to CASAA Submission

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
This was the reply from my CASAA submission as part of the 3rd CTA. Overall, quite positive. So different from the liberal democrats' position:

Dear Mr. xxxxxxxx :

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to regulating electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes). It is good to hear from you, and I can assure you that we are in complete agreement about additional federal regulations.

I generally believe we need to move away from the idea of the Federal government regulating in a broad and expansive way. If e-cigarettes are to be further regulated, such measures should be developed and implemented at the state and local level rather than by unelected bureaucrats in Washington.

Thank you again for contacting me. If I can ever be of service in the future, please don't hesitate to call upon me.

Sincerely,
RWSIGBIG.gif

Rob Woodall
Member of Congress

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
This was the reply from my CASAA submission as part of the 3rd CTA. Overall, quite positive. So different from the liberal democrats' position:

Dear Mr. xxxxxxxx :

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to regulating electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes). It is good to hear from you, and I can assure you that we are in complete agreement about additional federal regulations.

I generally believe we need to move away from the idea of the Federal government regulating in a broad and expansive way. If e-cigarettes are to be further regulated, such measures should be developed and implemented at the state and local level rather than by unelected bureaucrats in Washington.

Thank you again for contacting me. If I can ever be of service in the future, please don't hesitate to call upon me.

Sincerely,
RWSIGBIG.gif

Rob Woodall
Member of Congress
Refreshing to read his reply.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Yes. An a R for the House, but I haven't heard from him either.
Darrel Issa is my representative (R) in the House.
I have spoken with him personally, and he says he will be supporting our cause.

Rocky Chavez is my state representative (R) in the House and he was still wavering the last time I contacted him.
I think he may come around though.
:)

I'm still working on making an appointment with my state Senate representative Mark Wyland who is also an elephant.

Last edited:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
"at the state and local levels" :facepalm:

That's saying nothing at all when "Clean Air _____" (insert state) can go around convincing everyone that vaping = smoking, with no regulations or votes needed. IMO some of the worst battles are at the local levels. At least deeming takes while to impliment where local prohibitions can go into effect immediatley. IDK about that response. It seems to say about the same thing that most of them do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread