Better Vape Experience ! : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdmintegra1

Jul 8, 2014
Home
Okay guys, I am a newbie. I will admit that but I have done some research and hopefully am going about this the right way. I do have an understanding of ohm's law, watched multiple videos, and read a ton about RDA's and Mech Mods. I finally decided that I was ready to step up in the Vape world and get a better experience with it. My main goal was to get better flavor (&nicotine) and upgrade my current setup.

OLD SETUP:
eGo battery & kanger pro tank mini
(& all kinds of other basic ....)

NEW SETUP:
hcigar Nemesis
Infinite Stillare
2x 18650 Sony VTC5 3.7 2600mah 30A
Trustfire Charger
26g Kantal Wire
100% Organic Cotton
eleaf Ohmmeter
Multimeter
Juices: KillerLiquid High VG Strawberries & Cream, SpaceJam Andromeda 50/50 Blend

I did some research on what I thought would be the best thing to upgrade to and decided to go with my new setup. However I am new to coil building and haven't really found my sweet spot with it yet. I understand ohm's law and I'm not trying to be an extreme sub-ohm'ing or anything but I do want a decent cloud with alot of flavor. I am wrapping around a screwdriver, it is a jewelers screwdriver I believe it should just be a regular size. I have tried both single coil and double coil and came up with lot of different Ohm ratings anywhere betweeen .4 ohms up to 1.3 ohms and haven't found anything to produce the way I want. Right now I have a single coil build at 1.0 ohms and just using organic cotton to wick it. I have had more luck with the High VG liquid performing better, it just seems as if the SpaceJam fluid is to harsh and doesn't get the flavor that I want. I still seem to get more flavor from a simple aspire ce5 clearomizer with my andromeda fluid than I do with my new setup.

I get that Power = (Voltage * Voltage) / Resistance

So for me it would be with a fully charged battery (4.2 * 4.2) / 1.0 = 17.64 A

I am still kind of confused on what the power actually means, in laymans terms how does this relate to a vape? What is the difference in if I was getting 20 A of power versus getting 10 A of power through my mod, will I be getting more vape, warmer vape, more flavor etc?

Is there anything I should be doing differently, or anything that you suggest to get a better vape?
:vapor:

e30holmes

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2014
Colchester, CT
Remember you can build two coils indenticle in ohms, one is 3mm in diamiter and one that's 2.4mm and the change in flavor and coil heat up time is considerably different. Its all about experimenting. So your "power" numbers will be the same but the larger coil isnt as effective or efficient.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
Hi I also have the nemisis. I've found though I actually get a better vaping expirence from my variable watt DNA 30. Have you considered getting a variable watt device or a kick for your nemesis so you can control the wattage? You can get a kick fairly inexpensive and it might give you a more consistent vape. Do you have or have you tried a kick with it? It might help.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Yeah, you are all good, 17 watts is no big, and the actual on a fresh batt under load is probably more like 4.1 volts, then drops from there.

Here's my favorite Ohms Law Calculator . You can crank any value any which way to get the numbers and values you want. Handy when trying to build for max amp outputs.

With your setup, you are super safe down to 0.5, still got room at 0.3, 0.2, can do, but getting close to pushing things and needs a careful eye on.

Heck, now just take a snap shot of your vape today, and get back to me a year from now, and see if you haven't done a similar Quantum Vape step up of the same proportions. The longer you vape, the better and larger ones collection becomes.!!!

Vape long and acquire Prosper.!!!!

jdmintegra1

Jul 8, 2014
Home
Just thought i'd share a picture of my setup and my coil.

Thanks for all the input everyone. Do you think there is a possibility of dripping too much, any maybe like flooding the coil and that causing issue's with the way it's hitting. I have always heard to just add more fluid if it smells burnt or looks dried out. Not sure if anyone has anymore advice on this.

Also, do you think there is a huge difference in the way you should setup your builds for heavy vg fluids vs regular fluids?

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 16
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 19
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 13
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
Yes the cotton is good. And the stillare has two horizontal air holes on each side. I usually have the coil inbetween these two. So you just use a tiny peice of cotton and don't tuck it under to make a juice bed?

When using a singlecoil use only 1 airhole thats aligined with the coil. :)
To much airflow kills the vaporproduction aswell. When you're using dualcoil then you can use both airholes.
I made that "mistake" in the beginning. And it's a big improvment in using just 1 hole when using a singlecoil.

Edit: some juices doesn't like the extreme heat and will "cook" and give you harsh hits.
That's why some juices actually can taste better in a simple clearo.
Also the PG ratio / nicotine boosts the harshness (Throat hit) alot in a RBA/RDA.
If you're vaping 18mg in a clearo you might wanna get 12mg or 6mg for dripping.

Last edited:

jdmintegra1

Jul 8, 2014
Home
When using a singlecoil use only 1 airhole thats aligined with the coil. :)
To much airflow kills the vaporproduction aswell. When you're using dualcoil then you can use both airholes.
I made that "mistake" in the beginning. And it's a big improvment in using just 1 hole when using a singlecoil.

Edit: some juices doesn't like the extreme heat and will "cook" and give you harsh hits.
That's why some juices actually can taste better in a simple clearo.
Also the PG ratio / nicotine boosts the harshness (Throat hit) alot in a RBA/RDA.
If you're vaping 18mg in a clearo you might wanna get 12mg or 6mg for dripping.

Thank you, This is actually really helpful. I will try using just 1 airhole for a singlecoil setup.
I think this might be the case with the SpaceJam Andromeda, it just seems to dry up super quick, and the production and flavor is terrible whenever I freshly drip on the wick, I get a better hit (still not great) after about 5 or 6 hits and the cotton is drier and has a whiter tint to it. While my other juices don't have this issue
I wish I could find a juice that I was as crazy about as Andromeda to use in my RDA lol.

I have the Nemesis/Stillaire combo as well. I still havent been able to get good flavor/vapor production out of my Stillaire. Its currently sitting in a desk drawer as it is of no use to me. I replaced it with a Kayfun and couldnt be happier!

I tried several builds on the Stillaire, different coils (various resistance from sub-ohm to 2 ohm), twisted kanthal, silica, cotton so on a so fourth. Shoot, I can even close both air holes and still get an airy draw that just doesnt hit the spot. So like I said it is in the drawer and will probably get tossed. The only good thing about buying it was the drip tip, I use it on my Kayfun now. Before tossing it, I may try one more time to salvage it, but I dont have my hopes up.

jdmintegra1

Jul 8, 2014
Home
I have the Nemesis/Stillaire combo as well. I still havent been able to get good flavor/vapor production out of my Stillaire. Its currently sitting in a desk drawer as it is of no use to me. I replaced it with a Kayfun and couldnt be happier!

I tried several builds on the Stillaire, different coils (various resistance from sub-ohm to 2 ohm), twisted kanthal, silica, cotton so on a so fourth. Shoot, I can even close both air holes and still get an airy draw that just doesnt hit the spot. So like I said it is in the drawer and will probably get tossed. The only good thing about buying it was the drip tip, I use it on my Kayfun now. Before tossing it, I may try one more time to salvage it, but I dont have my hopes up.

I did a dual-micro coil build on the Stillare and used some heavy vg liquid and it seems to be doing good. It was 9 wraps of 26g around screwdriver set to .55 ohms. I'm using the heavy VG liquid and having pretty good vape production and good flavor as well. I hope it stays like this, I have been messing with more than using it lately though so hopefully this works for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread