Catfish atty mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
This post will be a work in progress for some time.
MY STORY
I recently discovered the greatness of The Reo mod and no longer having to put up with dry hits or carrying around bottles for dripping but I noticed as awesome as the Reo and I'm sure other bottom feeders as well there are just not many off the shelf atomizers available. Sure there are Cyclones and Chalices along with a few less known options. What about the vaper that falls in love with a certain atty or atty type and it's not one of the previously mentioned options?

Thats where i come in... I have been modding different atties for my self from the third day I had my first Reo Grand. I started with the RM2 from ReoMods but quickly learned it wasn't for me. First off let me state I have a severe metal taste intolerance so anything other than pure stainless steel is a big "No Go" for me. I can taste brass and I can taste copper in one puff. Suffice to say of the shelf atties that were all stainless have been hard to come by. The Cyclone Bf is nice but very hard to find (I had to order two from France and at an exorbitant price. I started drilling out top fed Cyclones that were plentiful and cheap and mentioned this to a few friends I made along the way and instantly I'm drilling atty after atty every weekend.

After a few not so subtle suggestions from the ECF staff in regards to policy I was invited to become a supplier offline. I resisted at first but after getting more than a few emails from people I had helped along the way as well as others that were interested in becoming future clients.

I really wasn't looking for a second job but I enjoy vaping and after wading through an endless sea of Provari's, Kayfuns, dna this and that I discovered ReoMods and have been completely blown away by both the Reo Grand and the Customer service that "IS" ReoMods. I noticed a weak spot; atty choice is limited to say the least. I hope to be able to fix that.

In the past most of my work has been send in modifications which I will continue to do; clones or originals are no problem. I actually prefer to work on originals due to the higher quality steel but I understand not everyone can afford to modify a $100 plus atomizer. I have recently ordered a few of each atomizer that I know I can make work well on a Bottom Feeder.
Please contact me via PM for any of your atty modification needs or repairs.

I will be posting pics of my current projects as they come up.

The list of possibilities so far:
Vicious Ant Cyclone tf
Madz Modz Reactor v2
Atomic original or clone (must have SS 510 center)
Stillare clone (must have SS 510 center)
Quasar (must have SS 510 center)
Pretty much any 2 or three post dripper with a 510 connector and a SS center pin

Prices start at $15 each for modding sent in atomizers, and shipping for 1-4 atties is $5.80, 5 or more shipping is free.

In the coming weeks I will have pre-modded clones available for immediate shipping but until my first shipment arrives I will be doing send-in only.

I have the following CLONES on order: Zenith v2, EHPro atomic, Trident (all SS), Helios, and Brass Quasars (ss pin and deck). Depending how this works out I will probably keep a back stock of pre-modded Cyclones as well.

The clones will be $45 with free shipping pre-modded
The Cyclones pre-modded will be $58 with free shipping
The Cyclones w/AFC modded will be $80 or Gold AFC $95

Please pm or post ideas, suggestions, and or feedback.

**All Atties modded will be center bored and cross drilled**
No Swiss cheesed bushings here!

Last edited:
Reactions: camerajunkie

Vapeaholic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
NE Texas
How are you CH? Congrats on the start of a new business. I've got a challenging atty I really really would like to have modded for bf. The bottom part of the center post is super soft, like pure silver. The top post is however off center. Maybe if drilled from the top right up against the post through the insulator and part of the deck and then right up the center of the bottom pin they should match up.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Let me know your thoughts.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Yikes... That looks to be a hybrid type with a 510 conversion cup. There look to be two options: drill from the bottom about half way up and drill and intersecting hole at the deck at a 45 degree angle. (Potential for failure very high) option 2: slot the lower center pin and drill the top center bushing in alignment with the lower hole. Potential for failure lower, potential for leakage nearly inevitable.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Another option.. Find a standard three post base of the same diameter and use it with the afc and top cap. Not what you want to hear I'm sure. What is the od? That looks smaller than a 22mm. If you are committed to this send it in and I will make it work but unless I get really lucky it will require ordering/making parts and take a few weeks.

Eta: looks like the Reactor v2 would be close in size, maybe an option.

Eta2: maybe even a cyclone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread