Introducing the fasttech dna30 hana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeseff

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2011
Stafford UK
Hi all,

Finally received the 18650 dna30 hana modz clone, I paid 33 quid for it and the build quality is really good. Bit of a glue mess inside but the thing hits like a champ. Ohm readings on mine are fine. All functions work accept for power lock. It does say evolv dna on startup. All in all though it's a great buy I will keep you updated if it dies. Up to now though it's great. Comes with an efest 35amp battery. Probably not legit. uploadfromtaptalk1404737570078.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1404737581418.jpg

Nautiboy1279

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Ridge NY
What is the lowest it will fire? 0.6 ohms?

I just received my cloupour DNA30 without logo, updated PIN and features. It fires really anything you throw at it, but if the calculated volts (heard these devices only calculate volts and do not actually measure it) are lower than the volts of the battery, it will fire in 'unregulated' mode (usually this is .5 ohms or below), almost like a mech mod would, and will not get steady vape power throughout the battery. I had a fogger v4 built at .45 (DNA30 rounds it to .5), but when you would take a vape from it at 30watts, the ohms would blink. This is what tells you its in an unregulated firing mode.

Didn't realize this right away, and also had realized my mech mod had way more flavor with this build of fogger. So after getting some info from others, I realized it was in fact not regulated, and rebuilt it to .8 ohms. Fired it up at 30watts, and the flavor was all there. Something else kind of weird tho, I have a Kafyun 1.5 build that I always used on my mech mod, but at anything above 25watts, it gives you that crazy burnt throat hit. Not exactly sure what that would be, being my mech mod puts out just as much power or more than the DNA30 clone.

It also drops in wattage at random times. You will be vaping at say 12watts, then suddenly you pick it up to use it and it says 11.9, or even 11.8. Out the box mine also had a nice dent on it. Not too obvious, but still is there. Definitely a thought that makes you think to maybe send it back, but whatever, it works at least lol.

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
I just received my cloupour DNA30 without logo, updated PIN and features. It fires really anything you throw at it, but if the calculated volts (heard these devices only calculate volts and do not actually measure it) are lower than the volts of the battery, it will fire in 'unregulated' mode (usually this is .5 ohms or below), almost like a mech mod would, and will not get steady vape power throughout the battery. I had a fogger v4 built at .45 (DNA30 rounds it to .5), but when you would take a vape from it at 30watts, the ohms would blink. This is what tells you its in an unregulated firing mode.

Didn't realize this right away, and also had realized my mech mod had way more flavor with this build of fogger. So after getting some info from others, I realized it was in fact not regulated, and rebuilt it to .8 ohms. Fired it up at 30watts, and the flavor was all there. Something else kind of weird tho, I have a Kafyun 1.5 build that I always used on my mech mod, but at anything above 25watts, it gives you that crazy burnt throat hit. Not exactly sure what that would be, being my mech mod puts out just as much power or more than the DNA30 clone.

It also drops in wattage at random times. You will be vaping at say 12watts, then suddenly you pick it up to use it and it says 11.9, or even 11.8. Out the box mine also had a nice dent on it. Not too obvious, but still is there. Definitely a thought that makes you think to maybe send it back, but whatever, it works at least lol.

Either your math is way off or I don't think you understand ohms law at all and how these things work.

Unless you are stacking batteries there is no way your Kayfun at 1.5ohm is hitting 25w on a mechanical. On an efficient mechanical you would need to cut your resistance in half to hit that kind of output.

I will also add that Kayfuns can't run T
that hot period. They wont wick fast enough, not enough air and tsmallmber is too small.

Nautiboy1279

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Ridge NY
Either your math is way off or I don't think you understand ohms law at all and how these things work.

Unless you are stacking batteries there is no way your Kayfun at 1.5ohm is hitting 25w on a mechanical. On an efficient mechanical you would need to cut your resistance in half to hit that kind of output.

I will also add that Kayfuns can't run T
that hot period. They wont wick fast enough, not enough air and tsmallmber is too small.

I mean 25watts on the Hana. Using sub ohm coil setups, the mech mod is pretty much right there in terms of power, but I see what your saying about the wicking and air flow. This could definitely be why, and i'm sure it being a single coil setup is contributing as well. I have a modified kayfun with bigger airflow, but same thing when you get around 25watts or above.

Spoke to Elev8vape and they said the wattage drop is normal even on the newest batch, as well as the green light not coming on. All normal they said.

BeRight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2009
Ellicott City, Maryland
I have the full-size and mini - so far so good. It is great that they also now sell the case + electronics separate - easy and cost effective repair.

DIY mod fasttech hana like device for only $45.

The only thing that I do not like about this mod is its tiny buttons - wearing hole in my finger.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread