FDA ANTZ suggestions on FDA comments....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
From glantz blog

h ttps://tobacco.ucsf.edu/how-submit-public-comments-fda-ecig-and-cigar-deeming-and-ucsf-comments

Interesting to know, but this isn't to recommend or to not recommend doing the same.

Also glantz is reporting what a tobacco group (NATO) is telling their retailers regarding 'comments'

h ttps://tobacco.ucsf.edu/what-tobacco-retailers-are-being-told-say-fda-about-cigars-pipe-tobacco-and-ecigs

[Premarket Review Background: Do Not Include in Comments: For cigars, pipe tobacco, and electronic cigarettes, that were not on the market as of February 15, 2007, manufacturers of these products would need to submit a premarket tobacco application (PMTA) to the FDA within 24 months following the effective date of the final deeming regulations. If a PMTA application is filed with the FDA during this 24-month period, then the manufacturer can continue to market its products unless and until the FDA responds to the application. The standard to be used by the FDA in reviewing PTMA’s will be whether the tobacco product is appropriate for the protection of the public health or detrimental to the public health.]

Also (just posted)

h ttps://tobacco.ucsf.edu/shareable-microsite-generate-comments-fda-deeming-docket

Last edited:

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
That's ok, we have those facilities as well. Here, let me help - click the link below to submit your own comment:

http://www.regulations.gov/#!submitComment;D=FDA-2014-N-0189-20870

Edit: In light of the "quantity vs quality" argument, I've decided to start submitting single-issue micro-comments daily from now until the comment period is closed. Today's topic: the recent ASH reports debunking the gateway myth.

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I just figured it is always good to know what your enemy is thinking :D

The quantity vs. quality thing does make a lot of sense and if they're counting and tagging subject matter or pros and cons then it may be a good idea. It read like they're doing a 'division of labor' thing as well - splitting up subjects/points. We're not that organized :laugh: .....yet

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
We can do 'division of labor' individually, as I suggested above. Last nite I submitted a 1-page comment discussing the ASH findings from England, Wales, and Scotland. Today I'll write another 1-pager with the ECITA ejuice report. Ergo, work was divided.

You can find the micro-comments mentioned above on my blog. Feel free to reuse.

Last edited:

sky4it

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Minnesota
Informative. Thanks.

If the best spin doctor they got is Glantz, makes me think we got a chance. If only people would come together.

wouldnt it just be weird if 5 years from now we found out Glantz was sneaking into bathrooms smoking Pall Mall's and had a bottle of listerine strapped to his leg. I knew this Professor one time when I was in college and he,,<<<< oh never mind.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Wouldn't it make sense to think they're doing the same by reading here and elsewhere? I'm guessing they are.

I don't think there is much Doubt that they Are.

I know many HR Managers read this site to get Information on the Way that People use e-Cigarettes.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
If I live to be 100, I could do Without Hearing the name Prue Talbot.
I've got a list of names of people I don't want to hear open their blowholes ever again...

1) Stanton Glantz
2) Ellen Hahn
3) Prue Talbot
4) Senator Boxer
5) Senator Durbin
6) Senator Harkin
7) Senator Rockefeller
8) Senator Waxman
9) Senator Blumenthal

I'm sure there are many more, but you get the point...

If I get some time, maybe I'll compile a list of the people who want to kill us.
I know the above is just a short list with room for tremendous growth.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Too far

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Cleaning up

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

Tangaroav

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
QC & FL
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

SingedVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
I'm going to pretend I didn't see all of that. What was proposed, and now removed from this thread, is ethically questionable, and definitely against the rules here:

25. Attacking other websites
Members' use of this forum to discuss spamming, trolling or disruption of other sites is not allowed.
a. No posts discussing the placing of unwanted text or materials on another website or forum are allowed.
b. No posts advocating methods to carry out such attacks are allowed.
c. No posts giving resources to carry out such attacks are allowed.
d. Members who attack other sites in any way are at risk of being banned. This includes trolling, spamming links, or acting in a way likely to bring ECF into disrepute on other sites.

Whether you agree with me or not, that's basically what was proposed, and we don't condone trolling, regardless of the venue.

I understand the passion, as I feel it as well, but there is always a good way to go about getting points across without resorting to those types of tactics.

ForeverDiving

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Uruapan, Michoacan, Mexico.
Mexican vapers are being attacked as well and our bureaucrats take their clues from the US (¿?). I find this terrifying. I think I'll begin stashing hardware, DIY materials and pipe tobacco vacuum sealed tins. If push comes to shove I can be NETting on that for a looooong time. Fortunately I'm vaping on 0 nic now.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Mexican vapers are being attacked as well and our bureaucrats take their clues from the US (¿?). I find this terrifying. I think I'll begin stashing hardware, DIY materials and pipe tobacco vacuum sealed tins. If push comes to shove I can be NETting on that for a looooong time. Fortunately I'm vaping on 0 nic now.

I'm a little surprised with the Mexican heavy-handed approach. If it ever comes to it, (not sure this is allowed) Reddit has a forum for people willing to personally ship to int'l customers items (like eliquids) that aren't shipped int'l by vendors. Personal shipping rates are higher than some business rates, so it can get expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread