Smileomizers - what am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madglee

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
The Vapor Zeus quickly became my favorite mod many months ago. I cannot replicate the throat hit, the strength, or the draw with any of my other mods and I love its look.

The problem is the smileomizers. I must be a heavy vaper, as I go through one of these every 24-36 hours no matter what I do. After a few hours, I cannot draw from them as easily, and by the 36 hour mark, I literally have to suck my cheeks in to get a hit.

I do not believe that I am drawing too strongly or too quickly at any point. I have had no trouble with any cartos in the past - a 5 pack would last me at least a month - but these things die quickly!

Is anyone else having this experience or can give me some advice? I tried soaking them in vodka and then drying them, but that didn't work. Shoving a paperclip in them didn't help, either.

I notice that at first, one can see right through it (from top to bottom) like a pinhole camera, and that the hole quickly blocks.

At $50 for 10, this is getting to be a more expensive habit than smokes were. Any advice?

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance.

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    Madglee, how are you filing your smileomizers? and what size are you using? Sounds like you aren't getting enough juice in them. I use them exclusively with my DAVs, use a syringe to fill them. The trick is to make sure you don't flood the wick. I fill until the top is saturated, then I usually blow from the battery end and get the excess out, so that I can I can see thru the hole. I consider myself a heavy vaper, so I generally switch smileo's at lunch time, but my smileos also last me several weeks.

I have also cleaned my successfully by soaking them in vodka for several hours, rinsing them with hot water a couple of times, and letting them dry for about a week. Of course, if you have burnt anything in the smile, there is nothing you can do to bring it back. Hope this helps.

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 13, 2013
    USA
    I don't know about smileomizers, but AFAIK, they're just big cartomizers. I have juices (NETs) that can clog a carto in as little as six hours use. Dark, thick, sticky juices are hard on cartos. They also require more rewicking and dry burning in RBAs. And I have lightly flavored 50/50 that'll let a carto last two weeks or more. Carto life is highly juice dependent.

NimrodAUS

Jun 20, 2013
    Australia
    I had similar dramas, I too love the zeus and smilomizers for flavour, hit and look. I have 3 cigar batteries. At first I was having this drama. What I do, is fill with a syringe down the side where there usually is a tiny gap where the end of the wrap of filler is, I fill with about 3.5ml of juice for the small smilomizers. I also fill while I leave the bottom condom on. Once it's full, leave for a few minutes, then pull condom off, shake softly. Then blow softly with the tip installed till the excess is gone and you can see light again. Then wipe with paper towel and vape. I found with the auto zeus a soft slow draw works best for me. I pretty much only vape Johnson creek original which burns real easy. I repeat the filling process ever few hours depending on how hard I vape. Don't let it dry and don't drop or bang your smilomizer or it will burn straight up.

madglee

ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hi guys,

Thanks for all the replies. I DO usually use Coffee flavor from V4L or others. I generally fill it with the dropper until it stops draining, then blow out the excess. I have never tried a syringe; I am not even sure I can buy syringes here. I don't think that should make a difference, but maybe it IS drying out and I am burning a hole in the inside tube.

All right, well perhaps it is time to buy some new eliquid that is not dark colored. Hmm.

I'm a Mr.

SMP0119

Mar 2, 2014
    San Francisco
    Another cause that cannot be avoided is ambient particulates collecting in the tube. I've had this problem also and noticed something interesting during a cleaning. While cleaning a carto once, I ran a micro swab through the center tube and it came out black. It occurred to me that it was perhaps microscopic particulates that collected at the entrance hole due to a wet medium (juice) being in the tube. Unfortunately there is no cure, but the cleaning tips everyone offers do work well. Best of luck with cleaning adventures.

madglee

ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Well, here it is six months later. Apparently, the smileomizers are hit or miss. The last few 10 packs I bought were great. Each smileomizer lasted about 4 days. I just bought a new 10 pack, though, and I'm going through 2 or 3 per day. After one or two fills they just clog up, and I'm not using dark liquids. The only difference I can see is that some smileomizers have screens on top and some don't. The ones with screens seem to last longer. AT $6-7 bucks a pop, this is ridiculously expensive.

Maybe they're getting rid of old stock? Hopefully I will only get new smileomizers from now on. It's frustrating that they are never on sale, so expensive, and only work sometimes, despite best practices being used. Is there anywhere else to buy these things?

Where do you buy the cleaning tips?

venomous voice

Sep 3, 2012
    Milwaukee WI
    Well, here it is six months later. Apparently, the smileomizers are hit or miss. The last few 10 packs I bought were great. Each smileomizer lasted about 4 days. I just bought a new 10 pack, though, and I'm going through 2 or 3 per day. After one or two fills they just clog up, and I'm not using dark liquids. The only difference I can see is that some smileomizers have screens on top and some don't. The ones with screens seem to last longer. AT $6-7 bucks a pop, this is ridiculously expensive.

Maybe they're getting rid of old stock? Hopefully I will only get new smileomizers from now on. It's frustrating that they are never on sale, so expensive, and only work sometimes, despite best practices being used. Is there anywhere else to buy these things?

Where do you buy the cleaning tips?

There have been quite a few threads on this subject in the last few weeks. CS has admitted there is an issue and has been replacing any smileomizers that have this issue. I have experienced clogging, The coil resistance climbing, and all kinds of weird stuff. I have gotten replacement carts that only last 1 day. I personally will not buy anymore until they are sure they have worked out any issues. imho $7 a day is CRAZY!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread