Not open for further replies.

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Hey Stephanie :)

I have a black grand from back in 2012, that basically, I wore the finish off in places, revealing the aluminum color underneath. The J-Wrap I used is the "carbon fiber" one, although they have quite a few choices.

I can't say if the surface is marred in any way underneath, since I've never tried to remove it. I'm quite happy with the results, although, as you can see from the pics below, the front edges along the door, and the top of the REO aren't covered by it.

ancient-puffer-albums-mods-picture267033t-dscn1542.jpg

ancient-puffer-albums-mods-picture267032t-dscn1541.jpg

Stephanie932

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
PA

I have a black grand from back in 2012, that basically, I wore the finish off in places, revealing the aluminum color underneath. The J-Wrap I used is the "carbon fiber" one, although they have quite a few choices.

I can't say if the surface is marred in any way underneath, since I've never tried to remove it. I'm quite happy with the results, although, as you can see from the pics below, the front edges along the door, and the top of the REO aren't covered by it.

[/QUOTE

Your picture helps so much!! Yours looks really sharp!!!

I can tell then that this isn't one piece wrapped around 3 sides. Which to me makes it easier to put them on. Would be cool to do the doors of my mini with one of these, too!

Thanks so much!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

[/QUOTE

Your picture helps so much!! Yours looks really sharp!!!

I can tell then that this isn't one piece wrapped around 3 sides. Which to me makes it easier to put them on. Would be cool to do the doors of my mini with one of these, too!

Thanks so much!

I just ordered three of the clear.
The template is below. 1 large body piece, 1 door piece w/ hole and a small rectangular bottom piece.
Reo-Grand-CLEAR-2.jpg

Cheers

Stephanie932

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
PA
I just ordered three of the clear.
The template is below. 1 large body piece, 1 door piece w/ hole and a small rectangular bottom piece.
Reo-Grand-CLEAR-2.jpg

Cheers

Oh.............Well that's good to know!

I've been fiddling all morning Paint Shop Pro trying to picture which one I want..........lol I'm not a HUGE fan of red, but I just bought a red one from the classifieds..........I love turquoise, blue and green and have my other mods accented with those colors (as you can see in my avatar), so I'm tring to pick ones that would compliment the rest (yeah, I know I have a problem......lol). I've got it narrowed down to these 6.

Crash Moses

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Lansing, Michigan
How the front look. I was going to pick up the same one :)

I really like it. I've had this one for several months and it replaced one of the carbon fiber wraps.

As for application...the first one I did was on a mirror smooth finish. I had some issues with the corners peeling back but cutting them at a slight angle fixed it. For this wrap I roughed up the finish really good with some 320 grit sandpaper. That really helped hold it on there. I've dropped this multiple times and it gets heavy daily use and the wrap is still like the first day I put it on. Dings and dents to the vinyl seem to be self healing. Very solid product.

The vinyl is very forgiving if you mess up. Just start in one of the upper corners and work your way around. If you mess up just peel it off (gently) and try again.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Is that an older REO with the less rounded back corners? I have been looking at these wraps for a long time. I think its time to dress up one of my REO's :)

I really like it. I've had this one for several months and it replaced one of the carbon fiber wraps.

As for application...the first one I did was on a mirror smooth finish. I had some issues with the corners peeling back but cutting them at a slight angle fixed it. For this wrap I roughed up the finish really good with some 320 grit sandpaper. That really helped hold it on there. I've dropped this multiple times and it gets heavy daily use and the wrap is still like the first day I put it on. Dings and dents to the vinyl seem to be self healing. Very solid product.

The vinyl is very forgiving if you mess up. Just start in one of the upper corners and work your way around. If you mess up just peel it off (gently) and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread