FDA Stanton Glantz is a liar and an alarmist

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomore stinkies

Gee, Who did that?
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
IL
I just read Stanton Glantz' blog (yes it was hard to do but you know what they say "keep your enemies closer") regarding the FDA and accessories. I think he wants the FDA to include the hardware as a tobacco product! He then proceeded to say that the poisoning calls from e liquid events have increased dramatically. So I sent him a little correction.
According to poison control these are the facts:

ecig/Liquid calls from 2011-2014: 1,932 (Yes this is 4 years)
Laundry detergent packet calls from January 2014-June 2014: 5,635 (Yes this is 6 months)

Lies and more lies. Who is this guy and how did he get his degree? Such a dangerous drama king.

Alerts

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
You've only scratched the surface on what Stanton Glantz is all about.
And you're being far too kind.

Rest assured, though, that he is not even remotely interested in your corrections.
Not that I'm saying you shouldn't have bothered though.

I wish he would get a flood of such corrections from vapers.
Maybe it would shake him up a bit.

As for who he is, search for the world "Glantz" in the following...
Rampant Antismoking Signifies Grave Danger

TomGeorge

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Buffalo/Rochester
I need to stop reading threads like this, and there links, or my computer is going to create a nice window through my wall. The hypocrisy and lies in these anti vaping agendas makes my blood boil. It (hypocrisy and lies) is present in everything now-a-days the government, the news, advertising, everything! Its making the ill-informed, passerby sheep think that its normal and right. It will be the demise of us all.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I need to stop reading threads like this, and there links, or my computer is going to create a nice window through my wall. The hypocrisy and lies in these anti vaping agendas makes my blood boil. It (hypocrisy and lies) is present in everything now-a-days the government, the news, advertising, everything! Its making the ill-informed, passerby sheep think that its normal and right. It will be the demise of us all.
You know, it's funny...

Five years ago before I started vaping, I was ignorant to all of this.
In fact, it's probably fair to say I was a sheep.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if I softly murmured "Baaaahh" in my sleep now and then.

But now that I have learned, and started paying attention, I see how things really work.
And now that I think about it, maybe it's not so funny.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany

Thank you for reading up on the subject.

And welcome to the world of those who have looked behind the lies and fearmongering.
Who have seen the motives behind the so-called "public health" so-called "experts" and their panicky cries. Who have seen the motive behind goverment's fear of anything that could diminish cigarette taxes or - God forbid! - help people to live longer, healthier lives and collect the old-age pension which they paid in for, all their lives.

Once you have realized to what extent those in power lie to you, and why, the change is irreversible.

I like to welcome new vapers to the wonderful world of vaping. It is a nice thing to do. And yes, vaping is a lot less harmful to the body than smoking.

But in some cases, when a person starts to see what many of us have seen, all I can say is "welcome to our world". *sigh*

@DC2:
Well, I knew that the media lie to us and try to manipulate us. Big time. I noticed two massive manipulation campaigns in the media in my country. That is when I stopped watching their "news".

But until I started vaping, knew the truth, read the studies and saw and heard the precise opposite screamed all over the media.. well, until that time I had no idea just to what extent the media lie to us :(
Food for thought: If they tell us the exact opposite of the truth about vaping (where we happen to know the truth) - well, what about all the subjects that we do not know anything about? Would you consider buying a used car from them? Ever again? Eh?

Little anecdote:
The Soviet Union had an official newspaper called "Pravda". In Russian, "pravda" means "truth".
Hehe, good joke. We used to laugh about it a lot.
Well, with what I have found out about the media in the Western world, I am not laughing now. "Truth" indeed :(

Last edited:

nomore stinkies

Gee, Who did that?
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
IL
I know, but I would be banned from this sight if I expressed my true feelings about this monster. The articles we have all read in opposition to our crusade makes us all a little more cynical about a lot of what's going on in this world. He is beyond arrogant.

You've only scratched the surface on what Stanton Glantz is all about.
And you're being far too kind.

Rest assured, though, that he is not even remotely interested in your corrections.
Not that I'm saying you shouldn't have bothered though.

I wish he would get a flood of such corrections from vapers.
Maybe it would shake him up a bit.

As for who he is, search for the world "Glantz" in the following...
Rampant Antismoking Signifies Grave Danger

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
Thank you for reading up on the subject.

And welcome to the world of those who have looked behind the lies and fearmongering.
Who have seen the motives behind the so-called "public health" so-called "experts" and their panicky cries. Who have seen the motive behind goverment's fear of anything that could diminish cigarette taxes or - God forbid! - help people to live longer, healthier lives and collect the old-age pension which they paid in for, all their lives.

Once you have realized to what extent those in power lie to you, and why, the change is irreversible.

I like to welcome new vapers to the wonderful world of vaping. It is a nice thing to do. And yes, vaping is a lot less harmful to the body than smoking.

But in some cases, when a person starts to see what many of us have seen, all I can say is "welcome to our world". *sigh*

@DC2:
Well, I knew that the media lie to us and try to manipulate us. Big time. I noticed two massive manipulation campaigns in the media in my country. That is when I stopped watching their "news".

But until I started vaping, knew the truth, read the studies and saw and heard the precise opposite screamed all over the media.. well, until that time I had no idea just to what extent the media lie to us :(
Food for thought: If they tell us the exact opposite of the truth about vaping (where we happen to know the truth) - well, what about all the subjects that we do not know anything about? Would you consider buying a used car from them? Ever again? Eh?

Little anecdote:
The Soviet Union had an official newspaper called "Pravda". In Russian, "pravda" means "truth".
Hehe, good joke. We used to laugh about it a lot.
Well, with what I have found out about the media in the Western world, I am not laughing now. "Truth" indeed :(

Amen - watching this unfold has given me a very jaundiced eye on many fronts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread