V4L Juices causing all the issues with carts and smileomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

venomous voice

Sep 3, 2012
Milwaukee WI
I'm just throwing this out there... There have been a lot of complaints lately about carts and smileomizers dying prematurely. I have personally given up on the smileomizers until the issue can be resolved, and switched rigs all together to an I taste VV and a kanger v3 mini tank. I bought a 5 pack of atomizers and not 1 lasted past a day. Either burned up the coil or burnt taste. So I went back to a carto tank with smoke tek cartos.
My initial thought was the kanger atomizers were junk. I have not had good luck in the past with bottom coils. So I went back to what I know. Problem is I've almost gone through the 5 pack of smoke tek carts already.
The only common link is the V4L 18mg peach juice that I use as my all day everyday juice.
I would like to hear from anyone else who changed from V4L cartos to other manufacturers and are still having similar issues.... The dying coils premature clogging etc..

YukonBob

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Tampa, Florida, United States
My wife and I have been using Smok Tech and Kangar bottom coils for a while now and I have been quite happy with the Smok Tech using V4L Triple Nickle and 555 from other sources. She has used the 18 mg Peanut butter Cup for a few years now and lately every coil she has had has died in a day or less where I get a week or more from one. It only started happening within the past couple of months and at first I blamed the Kangar BCCs but she tried my Smok Tech ones and they burn out just as quickly using the V4L juice. I just bought her a bottle of V4L Peach and a V4L menthol and so far not one has burnt out so I suspect that particular Peanut butter Cup juice is a coil killer. Too bad because I now have 5 bottles that I can't use unless I try to mix it with something else.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
My wife and I have been using Smok Tech and Kangar bottom coils for a while now and I have been quite happy with the Smok Tech using V4L Triple Nickle and 555 from other sources. She has used the 18 mg Peanut butter Cup for a few years now and lately every coil she has had has died in a day or less where I get a week or more from one. It only started happening within the past couple of months and at first I blamed the Kangar BCCs but she tried my Smok Tech ones and they burn out just as quickly using the V4L juice. I just bought her a bottle of V4L Peach and a V4L menthol and so far not one has burnt out so I suspect that particular Peanut butter Cup juice is a coil killer. Too bad because I now have 5 bottles that I can't use unless I try to mix it with something else.

I have some juices that do the same (coil killers)
my cure is (so I can continue to use my great juice)
smaller tank, just vape about 1-1.5 ml, then rinse coil off
with HOT TAP WATER 'BEFORE' to much residue can build up (sugar)

somewhat a pain, but one does what’s needed done… :D

at some point a coil rebuild will be needed

:)

Last edited:

venomous voice

Sep 3, 2012
Milwaukee WI
I have used V4l peach since I started vaping, 2 (?) Years. I've not had an issue with coils etc until recently but with all the issues with smileomizers( I'm not the only one) I'm sure all the other smileomizer users are not exclusively using peach, and clogging/dead coil issues on non V4L equipment, I guess I have to start looking at the juice as the problem. .

I have used V4l peach since I started vaping, 2 (?) Years. I've not had an issue with coils etc until recently but with all the issues with smileomizers( I'm not the only one) I'm sure all the other smileomizer users are not exclusively using peach, and clogging/dead coil issues on non V4L equipment, I guess I have to start looking at the juice as the problem. .

Hello, We've received some partial feedback from one of our representatives at the manufacturing site. It's looking like some of the samples we sent back have an abnormal resistance ranging around 3+ohms. This is just a partial result and we are still running tests. However, we think the wiring in some of the smileomizers is what has been causing all the problems. Thanks to everyone who is bearing with us during these issues we've been running into. We hope to have more information available within the next few weeks. Thank you all! ^GA

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA

I wish it were as simple as changing juice, cuz I still have the same issues with juice I purchase locally.

venomous voice

Sep 3, 2012
    Milwaukee WI
    I wish it were as simple as changing juice, cuz I still have the same issues with juice I purchase locally.

All I can say with certainty is the only common link for me is the juice. I have tried the kanger bottom coils, failed in a day, and smok tek tank cartomizers, also fail in a day, I get clogging issues with the tank cartos just like the smileomizers, the bottom coils ohms start climbing in resistance until they become worthless.

I love V4l and their Juice. It has been my all day everyday vape since I started vaping and quit smoking. I just hope that they figure out the issue, weather its the juice, or smileomizers. Maybe a combination of both? I figured I would just use other rigs until the smileomizer thing got fixed, but moving to different devices only made things more confusing for me!

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 6, 2013
    Florida, SW
    All I can say with certainty is the only common link for me is the juice. I have tried the kanger bottom coils, failed in a day, and smok tek tank cartomizers, also fail in a day, I get clogging issues with the tank cartos just like the smileomizers, the bottom coils ohms start climbing in resistance until they become worthless.

I love V4l and their Juice. It has been my all day everyday vape since I started vaping and quit smoking. I just hope that they figure out the issue, weather its the juice, or smileomizers. Maybe a combination of both? I figured I would just use other rigs until the smileomizer thing got fixed, but moving to different devices only made things more confusing for me!

reading your post made me recall.....

when I started and was still wet-behind-the-ears
    I used and loved Johnson Creek juice
    didn't know about cleaning coils, dry burn, rebuilding, etc

well stumbled onto another juice and everything changed

I no longer use JC juice and everybody lived happily ever after :blush:

jus` sayin'

lambolover808

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 11, 2009
    Apollo Beach, FL, USA
    Iv'e been using the same combo since '09; TT 36mg premium coolcarts and TT 36mg Premium juice. I have never had a problem with the carts until now.. Iv'e been told that the cartomizers and smileomizers come from different manufactures. Assuming that to be true and if the problem is not the juice, then it only stands to reason that the two different manufactures made the same change in their process at about the same time. Unlikely right? Whatever the issue is, I hope that Steve and the gang have the presence of mind to find a solution because I don't feel like finding a different supplier..

MaiTaiMary

ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2010
    Apollo Beach
    I haven't been on the forums for a long while and came on today to hope solve this very issue. 90% of the gear my husband and I use are v4l and 100% of the juice we use is v4l. I use either Virginia Menthol or Smilin menthol where hubs uses Triple Nickle. He has no problem with carts or tanks. Mine are always burning out or have a godaweful taste within a day or two. And that happens when we occasionally change to different manufacturers. For almost 4 years I've been extremely happy with everything from v4l. I really hope they can figure this out, too.
    Also - lambolover808 - I'll say hi neighbor because in a town this size, chances are you're not too far away.

I haven't been on the forums for a long while and came on today to hope solve this very issue. 90% of the gear my husband and I use are v4l and 100% of the juice we use is v4l. I use either Virginia Menthol or Smilin menthol where hubs uses Triple Nickle. He has no problem with carts or tanks. Mine are always burning out or have a godaweful taste within a day or two. And that happens when we occasionally change to different manufacturers. For almost 4 years I've been extremely happy with everything from v4l. I really hope they can figure this out, too.
    Also - lambolover808 - I'll say hi neighbor because in a town this size, chances are you're not too far away.

This sounds like you may not be refilling the carts when they need to. It varies by user, but you should always check a carto to make sure that it still looks moist. You can also tell that it needs refilling when the vapor is almost flavorless. What type of carts are you using? How often do you refill them?

madglee

ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    You know, that might make sense, but I haven't used only V4L juice, and all my smileomizers have bit the dust after 1 or maybe 2 refills. I go through like 2-4 a day, depending. It's become useless to continue, but as my other mods all broke, I have this one Zeus and seem to be unable to break this horrible cycle.
    I'm just throwing this out there... There have been a lot of complaints lately about carts and smileomizers dying prematurely. I have personally given up on the smileomizers until the issue can be resolved, and switched rigs all together to an I taste VV and a kanger v3 mini tank. I bought a 5 pack of atomizers and not 1 lasted past a day. Either burned up the coil or burnt taste. So I went back to a carto tank with smoke tek cartos.
    My initial thought was the kanger atomizers were junk. I have not had good luck in the past with bottom coils. So I went back to what I know. Problem is I've almost gone through the 5 pack of smoke tek carts already.
    The only common link is the V4L 18mg peach juice that I use as my all day everyday juice.
    I would like to hear from anyone else who changed from V4L cartos to other manufacturers and are still having similar issues.... The dying coils premature clogging etc..

madglee

ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Juice seems to be pretty clean. I can't speak for the tanks or carts anymore (never had problems with them), but the smileomizers are really going to destroy them if they continue to be defective. I appreciate that they send me replacements, but I suppose I'll have to keep reporting the problem every time. Putting "don't send me defective smileomizers" in order comments doesn't work.

venomous voice

Sep 3, 2012
    Milwaukee WI
    Juice seems to be pretty clean. I can't speak for the tanks or carts anymore (never had problems with them), but the smileomizers are really going to destroy them if they continue to be defective. I appreciate that they send me replacements, but I suppose I'll have to keep reporting the problem every time. Putting "don't send me defective smileomizers" in order comments doesn't work.

I have completely switched devices and setups. I purchased a re buildable atomizer tank so I could see exactly what was going on. after 1 day of vaping V4L peach I had a black build up on my coil. this build up caused my coil to go way out of spec. It was a 2 ohm coil when I started, within 24 hours the resistance had gone up to 3.5 ohms, because of the build up. I can clearly see what is happening inside a smileomizer or cart now. There is extra sweetener getting left behind on the coils causing clogging and coil resistance sky rocketing...

YukonBob

ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    I thought it was only the P-Nut Butter Cup so I ordered the Peach and Pear juice and they are both clogging the BDCs after about a day. Now, I know they changed something because we have used this for 3 or 4 years without a problem until just the past couple of months. I have the same set-up with Dekang 555 and get 2 weeks out of one BDC. My wife is going to have to find another supplier because I am just wasting money.

I thought it was only the P-Nut Butter Cup so I ordered the Peach and Pear juice and they are both clogging the BDCs after about a day. Now, I know they changed something because we have used this for 3 or 4 years without a problem until just the past couple of months. I have the same set-up with Dekang 555 and get 2 weeks out of one BDC. My wife is going to have to find another supplier because I am just wasting money.

Im in the same boat.. I have ordered the same juice in the same strength for 4 years! now all of a sudden smileomizers, carts, kangers etc,, wont last past a day. it may not be every flavor thats affected, but certainly the peach. I think they changed sweeteners, or added more. The strange thing is the juice taste the same, but i cant tell you there is ALOT of build up on the coil after 1 day!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread