FUN FUN FUN!!!!End of July Contest!!! Come, Look, and Post for a chance to win a free 20ml bottle of JUICE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawnmarie

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Las Vegas Nevada
www.diyflavorshack.com
Hey Everybody!!! It's contest time!!! Hope you are ready to post for your chance to win a free 20ml of juice!!!

There is a lot going around about electronic cigarettes in the media about how new regulations are trying to be imposed upon small businesses and consumers who use the product...

As a consumer or ecig/juice company what is your opinion? How would you like to speak out for or against what is being done to monitor or control this empire???

Good Luck,
Dawn and Amber

The winners will be chosen by random. All you need to do is post. Winners will be selected on Tuesday!!!

In order to win you must be in the USA, however, all comments are welcome!!!!

MechanicalsAndRDAs

Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Fairfield, California, USA
I think this is a good idea because we as consumers get to know the facts or studies about what were using.

It would be very good thing to find out if what we are consuming has negative or ill effects. Are the e-juices that we vape completely safe to consume? Is Vegetable glycerin or Propylene glycol safe to inhale on a very regular basis? Are the materials we have such as the types of metals or plastics in our RDA's/RBA's/RTA's, Clearomizers, etc, safe to inhale when heated at the temperatures we're vaping at or even when mixed with e-juice? How about when heated at a certain temperature as certain metals can leach lead (brass) or other metals or materials from the e-liquid due to high heat (certain brass contains lead.) Is this really a safer alternative to smoking? How about the coil we use, when heated is that really safe to inhale? How about nicotine. If we vape constantly how much nicotine are we really getting? Is there such thing as too much nicotine? We really do not know yet because not many research has been done.

I as well as many other vapers out there have many questions about vaping. I believe we'll get our answers from the FDA from their "studies" or "research". Hopefully

Btw I'm all for vaping. Quit smoking and vaping was all part of it. Been vaping for about 4 years now. And I'm glad I quit smoking.

But the real question still remains, Is it safe?

Peace and Love [emoji16]

Last edited:

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I think there should definitely be age regulations but only on purchasing the juice that has nicotine in it. I'm just trying to stock up on everything before the FDA has any chance of regulating anything. Adults should be able to choose for themselves.

Thank you for the opportunity!

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

WELL - Right now I cannot say what I really want to, especially given ECF TOS . . .

However - PEOPLE REALLY NEED TO GET MORE INVOLVED ! ! !

Since it is not just Federal and State Government agencies wanting to regulate "eCigs" and the industry . . . They are actually involved with having "eCigs" included with the new laws/regulations/policies being passed without people's knowledge . . . Case in point, the Senior Apartment Complex where I live (Which happens to be federally subsidized), the management company instituted not only a "Smoke Free Campus" policy as of July 1st - But they actually snuck into the "house rules" a ban on the use of "eCigarettes" in your apartment given that the people at "Florida Smoke Free" were involved with this policy change and told the management company that they needed to have this included . . . :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

DO "WE" REALLY NEED TO SAY - I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER . . . :mad: :evil:
(AND - No I am not taking this sitting down, already spoke with one attorney {wanted to much money that I do not have} and will be talking with a few others and have other things in the works too)

Last edited:

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
The hypocritical flavors argument is what gets me. Why is it that other NRT products can have multiple flavors? Why are there different flavors of anything? If adults don't like sweet flavors, why is there a dessert menu at fancy restaurants? And what about alcohol? My kids know more companies that make hard apple cider than I do--and my oldest is 9! She doesn't even know what hard cider is, but she likes regular apple cider, why not try some? We have cherry-flavored vodka--and soft drinks loaded with sugar that will kill my kids by diabetes faster than they could die of.... wait, how does vaping kill, exactly?

When a congressman says that only kids like sweet-flavored vapes and then dips his hand in the candy tray for another Jolly Rancher...!

e3Balgc.gif

/end rant/

Thanks for the contest! :D

valooper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
USA
So here is my 2 cents on this whole fda deal

so I believe that with any industry it needs to be regulated because if its not its no better than the black market.....shady deals galore!!

But some of these regulations are outrageous I mean stopping the sale of all e liquid? Lol thats all fine and dandy but you cant stop the sale of vg/pg/flavoring because they have other pourposes than e cigs instead of banning sales why dont you make sure they are safe!! Mandatory ingredients list, nic level, and pg/vg ratio on every bottle so then everyone knows exactly what they are getting

I have been to quite a few shops and let me tell you some of the house juices making procedures are shady at best these establishments need to be taking this more seriously have a food grade environment for mixing your juices and for god sake put caps on all the bottles and wear gloves!!! Went into a shop the other day and they where using tall open wine bottles for there different nic mixes I mean really that bottle sits there all day with customers coming in and out the door being opened and closed have they ever heard of dust lol??

This liquid is something that we are putting into our bodies and it needs to be safe and regulated because I can tell you when the first major major accident happens evolving e cigs all hell is going to break loose and they will ban everything completely and really the problem with that is the general non vaping community which is the ones with the power mind you are not educated about what vaping actually is and its a real shame

I was not alive when cigs first got big but I imagine that cigs went through the same thing as e cigs are going through now and look they are regulated beyond believe but the companies that make them are still profiting like crazy!!!

Brings me to another point these vape shops need to stop ripping us off for mods and stuff especially clones a 14 dallor clone off the internet should not cost me 40 in a vape shop believe me I understand how a business works I have 3 myself you have overhead employees etc but when someone can just order something from china wait a couple weeks and then get it vs going to the vape shop down the road and getting it that is a serious problem business owners when your customer is willing to wait weeks for something a change needs to be made and for god sake if your good to own a vape shop be knowledgeable about the damn products your selling that is simple sales 101

went into a couple shops the other day and really these guys are just vaping away on there personal stuff that the shop doesnt even carry btw saying out loud on everything I ask them yeah I really dont know what that rda is I just have it here for 50 bucks you want it? Its lazy people and lazy does not make you money when I go into a shop that the staff is knowledgeable I will spend money and enjoy the atmosphere that consumer 101 simple stuff guys

also one more thing I do think that the batteries/chips for these regulated unregulated mods need to be heavily regulated because this is serious stuff and someone is going to die from a knock off battery .......oooooo 5 billion mah......I will take 2!!! Really ? Please as consumers know what you are getting and business owners again know your product you will impress the hell out of most of your customers if you can at least perform ohms law and voltage drop across a battery lol

thats my 2 cents..........well more like 49 cents haha

oh oh did I win the juice:):)

Dmax06

Jul 19, 2014
Ut
I agree that what is being put in our juice should be regulated and that all companies that make it should be required to list the ingredients. I don't agree with the way they are trying to stop the sales of them because they are not regulated. If they juice was being taxed the same as alcohol and tobacco states would not be cracking down on it so hard. I don't think that if it were really about weather it is safe or not. If it were would cigarettes still be sold?

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
I really don't want to see the Federal, or State, or Local Government get involved in any way, shape, or form.
Government regulations will increase pricing, put smaller companies out of business, and just create a general "cluster" (you know what)...........as Government tends to do with everything it touches.
I have purchased from many vendors, and have never been ripped off, I have always been treated fairly without any Government intervention.
If a vendor in unscrupulous, word of mouth will put him out of business, as you all know the Ecig community is very tight knit.

Government - stay out. Just my two cents:)

Bardolf Blaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
Burlington, KY
There is no need for there regulations. Every vape shop I have been to already requires that you be at least 18. Most liquid makers are already adding warnings and ingredients.
All the FDA wants is to get their piece of this billion dollar industry, which will only drive up the prices for the common person.

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
It's all about money. The drug companies are losing money, the tobacco companies are losing money, the states are losing money, and the politicians want campaign money from BP and BT.

No one is worried about our health, it's all about money.

I had a 45 minute talk with our state representative the other day. He is an ANTZ, but I think I enlightened him some.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
While I am happy that they are keeping in the news & trying to keep people informed of the $2 Billion industry..Some truth.....but they always play up to the big boy names(Blu and NJOY)....just like all of the FDA approved RX drugs.....has anyone else noticed the long list of lawsuits for just about every drug out there????? If they have been deemed safe by the FDA...why are there so many lawsuits over people taking the drug that was prescribed to you by your doctor???? They release all of those without knowing the long term effects......Why is there so much worry about e cigs?????
And speaking of prescriptions....Living is WA has opened my eyes with the legal sale of MJ...I watch the news where they always show the weirdest people with the biggest joints to show you what is being done with it..the misuse of it.....I look at e cigs with the same eyes as MJ..they like to show you the people who are using it in the wildest manor...without all of the safety that most of us use...what about the normal people???? I just want to vape in peace....They want to control how much you can have & how much you can buy at 1 time...what kind you can buy..the whole thing is just wrong(freedom?)....They need to keep out of my business...
Why are they not going after flavored alcohol???Why not take it out of that as well????After all it's being marketed to children.......

TamiP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
Illinois
thevapevine.blogspot.com
Well, first of all, I would always do my best to help out the call to actions that are available to alert the "powers that be" that we are out here, the information is wrong, and we aren't going to just sit by while they do whatever they want.

Secondly, I always try to respond, even to obviously thoughtless articles online and point out that the information in them is faulty and why.

Regulating the indies would be disasterous to the industry! It would open the door to allow BT to totally control the quality and availability of products and destroy the best of what vaping is about. Getting rid of designer flavors in favor of purely tobacco only flavors would also destroy the enjoyment of vaping for many as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread