• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Odds of US Juice being seized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stiiinger

Jul 11, 2014
Mississauga, Canada
Wondering what the odds are of juice being seized when purchased from a US vendor.

I've read some people say it's not a huge concern, and they've only had like 1 in 10 shipments delayed at customs, but made it through eventually (or reshipped by vendor and made it through).

Other opinions are on the opposite side of the spectrum saying it's a high risk and you'll be lucky if 50% or more of your shipments don't get seized.

Have things gotten worse lately? Was it easier at one point, but Canadians customs have cracked down lately?

With the price disparity, I find it difficult outright eliminate US vendors from my list, especially when talking about buying big bottles. I want to order a few of the 236mL bottles from MBV, but if I factor in re-buying lost shipments, it may not be worth it...

Last edited:

aggo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Been vaping 3.5 years and ordered juice from the US and China multiple times (including two very recent orders). Not a single package seized. I've been really lucky, though.

There are many great Canadian juice makers to choose from now. My intention is to buy Canadian 90% of the time, but a couple US vendors had such great sales recently I just couldn't pass them up. :vapor: tee hee

fourtytwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
I think the bottom line on this issue is that, your chances are pretty good that your order will arrive without problems.
Having said that, you should also keep in mind that many people have had orders stopped by customs.
The possibility exists and should be factored in.
Do not depend on timely delivery and do not be surprised if it is seized.

I do question what price difference would justify the hassle.
For me, a 30ml bottle lasts a week and a half or so. If I save 5 bucks per bottle, that's still not enough to buy me a donut a day at Timmies.

As mentioned above, there are so many excellent Canadian juice makers now. Why shop anywhere else?

Stiiinger

Jul 11, 2014
Mississauga, Canada
I do question what price difference would justify the hassle.
For me, a 30ml bottle lasts a week and a half or so. If I save 5 bucks per bottle, that's still not enough to buy me a donut a day at Timmies.

True enough for the 30mL bottles, but the larger bottles do offer significant savings. A 236mL bottle from MBV @ $40 is quite a bargain compared to paying $15-20 per 30mL up here. I have seen some vendors offer 100mL bottles around the same price point, but that's still more than double the cost per mL of MBV.

I'm new, so I'm still going kind of crazy ordering many different kinds of flavours. Once I narrow down my ADV list, those 236mL bottles are quite attractive.

fourtytwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
True enough for the 30mL bottles, but the larger bottles do offer significant savings. A 236mL bottle from MBV @ $40 is quite a bargain compared to paying $15-20 per 30mL up here. I have seen some vendors offer 100mL bottles around the same price point, but that's still more than double the cost per mL of MBV.

I'm new, so I'm still going kind of crazy ordering many different kinds of flavours. Once I narrow down my ADV list, those 236mL bottles are quite attractive.

Check out Dashvapes. They have MBV for $10 for a 30ml bottle and $15 for a 50ml. More expensive than $40 for a 236ml bottle but they are a local B&M so no shipping and no CBSA involved. Really nice store in case you have never been there.
:)

Stiiinger

Jul 11, 2014
Mississauga, Canada
Check out Dashvapes. They have MBV for $10 for a 30ml bottle and $15 for a 50ml. More expensive than $40 for a 236ml bottle but they are a local B&M so no shipping and no CBSA involved. Really nice store in case you have never been there.
:)

Ty, sir! Looks like they even carry most of the flavours I was interested in, too. I saw they don't offer extra flavour shots, boo, but they say all their bottlesalready contain 2 extra shots by default, yay! (emailed them and asked)

They're still a bit out of my way with me on the west side of Mississauga, so I'd still be paying shipping, but I usually try to order enough to take advantage of the free shipping threshold.

Luckily my first 6x30mL order from MBV cleared customs and was delivered this morning, and it looks like my 8x30mL second order also cleared and should be at my door by Monday! Odds were in my favor this time, but still not sure if I want to take the risk next time.

dahlialady

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2013
Montreal
One thing to remember.
If you do have a shipment seized, your address will be put on a nice little "watch list", and you can be sure that everything with your name and address coming to you will be put aside and thoroughly checked. I'll keep buying in Canada. Hopefully we will get some really decent suppliers of base liquid in this country! :2c:

pulp

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Canada
One thing to remember.
If you do have a shipment seized, your address will be put on a nice little "watch list", and you can be sure that everything with your name and address coming to you will be put aside and thoroughly checked...

Not true. This shipment is the one that was seized 2 months ago. It just past Customs on the return trip from my supplier after receiving it from Customs. LOL!!!

6tl6bp.png

It's waiting for me to pick her up after work.

uy5xj.jpg

:vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread