Status
Not open for further replies.

keepsmiling

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Florida
First, let me say thank you to mr and mrs OCD{Hope I have that right} for being so tolerant of my questions and changes.
I have not tried mine yet. I have a couple more questions please. Is there a good video that can show me how to fill and make sure everything is done right? Is there a certain type of juice I should avoid in it? ie: sweeter,thicker..??
Any tips you can offer for someone who has never used a carto tank is appreciated.:)

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
No video that I know of but the flyer that came with it spells things out pretty well. You just need to do two things to make sure all will go smooth. One is get enough liquid into the cartomizer, if you get a little too much thats ok it will just leak a drop or two out the bottom of the cartomizer letting you know it is full. Two is start it without too much power, very short taps on the fire button while drawing will do this. I usually will take four or five draws with no more than a half second or so of power applied and in that time will begin to see wisps of vapor and a taste of the flavor. Once you have flavor and vapor its good to go time until the next cartomizer goes in then the same thing again to get it going.

On the liquids. You can use any liquid in a cartomizer tank though darker, sweet flavors will most often shorten the life of the cartomizer. Some folks also find particular flavors they like more/less in a cartomizer tank as it will present a different profile to the vape. This is very subjective making it a to each their own thing and something you will have to sort, fortunately cartomizers are quite inexpensive so risking one isnt the end of the world and you can also switch out to a different flavor. Complimenting flavors are easy to move from one to another like peach to watermelon and will even offer up some interesting transitional vaping. Even contrasting flavors can sometimes be fun like going from vanilla to orange. The new flavor will quickly replace the old one. There are a few flavors though that once in any kind of device tend to stick around, anise and cinnamon are a couple that come to mind.

Hope you enjoy your new tank, just remember this is meant to be easy. We have grown so used to how carefree our cartomizer tanks are that for us now vaping is just that instead of constantly trying to figure out why on everything, fill in the morning and change the battery when the light blinks... the rest is just vaping.

ShinyMonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Crosby, Texas, United States
Another question~ why does the drip tip just flop around{with no carto in the tank} Am I missing a part, or does the tip connect to the carto?

Yes, the drip tip fits into the cartomizer. After you have your tank put together you can install the drip tip. Be sure that you either have the tank on your device or you are supporting the cartomizer from the bottom when doing this though, right after filling your O-rings will be lubricated and the tank could slide off.

Also here is Baditude's Carto-tank set up Guide.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-5-baditudes-cartomizer-tank-setup-guide.html

I personally prefer the 'Thingy' method, and as OCD said it spells it out pretty clearly in the flyer.

When I prime my cartos I also prefer to just over fill them by a couple of drops and dab and blow out any excess fluid. Nothing worse than a dry hit.
And sometimes it is easier to prime my cartos when I put the tank into the thingy up-side down.. With the 510 connection toward the cap. (Not sure why but I find it easier)

Last edited:

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.
Ok excuse me for bumping this, but I want to give this a shot today.:) I do have one more question. What is the best setting for a carto tank? Does it actually have an ohm reading?

Yes, it does have an ohm reading. Start low and slowly go up until you have a satisfying vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread