Got my first dripper today

Status
Not open for further replies.

billsfande

Jul 14, 2014
Delmar,DE
Got a Magma clone from infinite in the mail. Very nice piece as far as fit and finish.

My normal set up is a Provari with a KFL+ at around 1.4 ohm. I built the magma at 1.2 ohm single coil and love it for flavor. Dripping won't replace my set up because I won't carry around a bottle of juice with me everywhere. But after watching the reviews on the Magma I am very happy I got this dripper. It makes it really nice that you can drip so much liquid in the well and vape away. Also very easy to build on and get working.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Does it have 4 posts with holes for pin down?
No, just two posts.

magma rda.jpg magma.jpg

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
What is the vape like compared to the kfl?
I enjou my kfl but something always happens when away from home, and well i cant have that.

Warmer, denser, and more flavorful, but as to exactly how much, it's difficult to say because I normally run my Kayfun regulated in single coil mode around an ohm and the Magma on a mech, dual coil under .7 ohms (currently 0.5).

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I purchased a FT Magma, thinking it would be my last shot at liking dripping.

As it turns out, the build quality is fantastic, the vapor and flavor is fantastic with .5Ω build in it, and I'm pleased with the purchase.

Unfortunately, it didn't convert me. Still hate the hassle of dripping and I'm right back to my tanks. A nice piece for the collection though.

Seanchai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Georgia, USA
Could i do a 1.5 ohm single coil on a magma?

With decent results

Absolutely. That's one of the reasons I love mine... runs single or dual coil equally well. I prefer single coil because it goes through less juice. I shoot for 1.3 on mine but if it comes out to 1.5 I'm not gonna rip it out, vapes just fine either way.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Just wanted to add that I received my 3 new attys in the mail today and decided to go with the CLT on top of my Nemesis. Saving the Magma for my authentic Stingray X due in this coming Friday. Anyway, washed 'em all up. Put a dual coil .43Ω coil on it and wicked with rayon.

Wow! Great flavor with good vapor production. Good airflow as well for lung hits. I would recommend this atty to all first timers. It's definitely an RDA bargain at only 35 bux. A 3 in 1 atty combining the best features of the Stillare, TOBH and Helios.

An authentic from a clone company. Who woulda thunk it. Well executed. :thumb:

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I purchased a FT Magma, thinking it would be my last shot at liking dripping.

As it turns out, the build quality is fantastic, the vapor and flavor is fantastic with .5Ω build in it, and I'm pleased with the purchase.

Unfortunately, it didn't convert me. Still hate the hassle of dripping and I'm right back to my tanks. A nice piece for the collection though.

Everyone likes different things, but kudos to you for giving it a shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread