P4U/Green Leaf IPV2 50W - Product Spec, Performance, Usage & Issues Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaperXant

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2014
New Mexico
This thread is for Product Spec, Performance, Usage & Issues related to pioneer4you/Green Leafs new regulated 50W mod.
You may talk about anything related to the IPV2 EXCEPT topics like when will your mod come in the mail, vendor rumors, why your preorder didn't come yet, etc. Basically no questions related to when your mods coming or bashing vendors for late shipments. You may post vendors who have stock available now to help people purchase this wonderful mod. I am not a moderator so I can not enforce these rules, but the last thread similar to this went off the tracks and this is a necessary forum do to the IPV being such a new and popular mod. There is a new mod coming out in Sep that is 100 W, so some may want to wait that out if you need the power.

POST YOUR VENDOR AND PRE-ORDER STATUS QUESTIONS HERE
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...scussion/575643-ipv-35w-50w-box-mods-126.html
SPECS
50-watt-specs.jpg
PICTURE
p4y-ipv600px.jpg

Last edited:

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
a8u6uda3.jpg

Wonderful little mod.

I've had mine for a week. I was extremely surprised on how small it was. It has a great fit in the hand, and the touch sensor is in a great spot. I alternate between my index finger and thumb..I find myself using my finger more so than my thumb with touch sensor.

2.) Battery removal screws..working on magnets, or some other quick release fix, for mine, but the main problem is that the back plate doesn't seal. If your atty leaks, you may need to wipe some off, but they covered the insides well. You'd have to let it go for a long time for it to get on internals...or have 4mL's just pour into it.
u3y8edyr.jpg

3.) Don't let friends play with your touch screen... mine isn't as responsive after this weekend.:/ And it is also possible for liquid or grease to cause the touch sensor to continue firing, or not fire.

4.) Needs a wrap..or better yet, a shark skin kind of case. I'm waiting on a really nice custom wrap from jwraps for mine.

Outside of that, fantastic..short circuit and over temp tested and functioning. :)

u7y9u9y6.jpg

Glorious, but atomizer displays 1 Ohm for open-circuit..no big if you have a meter.
pypy8yhy.jpg

I don't know what this is..bling?:)
uzuja2ep.jpg

Touch sensor..most good attys will need 510-adjustable pin removed to sit flush, or close. You can some what see where the atty has scuffed up finish.. especially on back plate that comes in contact with it...back plate isn't flush with top of mod.
puby8yde.jpg

Touch sensor:
e5apety4.jpg

Just like that..
e3u8ypad.jpg

Last edited:

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
I'm holding out for a blue IPV 50 watt so I don't have one yet in my hot little hands. However, I bought it mainly just to play with different regulated builds so I made a spreadsheet to show what combination of watts and oHms would produce a regulated vape. I'm sharing because I thought it might be useful for those vapers not used to building for regulated mods in this power range. If any of the information on the spreadsheet is wrong or if someone has more info about what the chip does outside the specs for regulation I will edit the spreadsheet.

Unfortunately, I have been unsuccessful in getting an answer from either YiHi or Pioneer 4 U as to what exactly the SX330 V2 50 watt chip does if the selected watts and oHms of the build are out of range of the chip's specs. YiHi did confirm that the chip does not regulate power down.

This simplified chart shows the builds you can use to stay in the regulated range of the SX330 V2 chip that the iPV 50 watt uses.
SX330V2_regulated_chart_zps610bfb87.jpg

Last edited:

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
What doesn't look good with an origen?
evy5a6e3.jpg

I know...I was going to get it up tomorrow. When there's good sunlight. :) hopefully it's more like 48 hours.

I think it may be longer, unless they changed it. :/ I edited a post that was part of an argument a few days later, and it brought up the thread like it as a new post.

Budkiss

Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Alabama
While it seems the initial buzz over this release has passed this information is still useful. I guess there are only so many ways to say "this is the ipv2", these are the specs, here is my photo, and "I like it" (which i do).
I too got frustrated with posts about a certain vendor (reasons, rumors, and rationale) and their delayed shipments. I am grateful for the vendor I chose. They got it to me 2 days after release on 7/18. They have some now in stock. VaperCompany.

I am sort of excited about the new 100 w version coming. Not sure if I NEED it but it intrigues me.

blowy666

Jul 29, 2014
Germany
Hello everybody,

I have a little question to all you IPV V2-owners:

Can anybody tell me the specs of the backdoor screws, please?

In my purchase the little bag with screws and screwdriver was missing, and I´´d like to buy some extra screws now, to have some if a screw will get lost.

Hope that anybody could help me, please?

Thanks and have a nice sunday!

Greets from germany,
blowy666

Reactions: sgenn99

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
I'm leaning toward the Sigelei. I like the bigger fire button.

Same.

Additionally while I appreciate the sleek form of the ipv2, the sig has a solid looking build with a nice heft. Or at least it looks like it. Might be nice to have one of each

OH! And the sig has the USB port located on it's side instead of the bottom!

blowy666

Jul 29, 2014
Germany
Hello everybody,

I have a little question to all you IPV V2-owners:

Can anybody tell me the specs of the backdoor screws, please?

In my purchase the little bag with screws and screwdriver was missing, and I´´d like to buy some extra screws now, to have some if a screw will get lost.

Hope that anybody could help me, please?

Thanks and have a nice sunday!

Greets from germany,
blowy666

Anybody please? :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread