Status
Not open for further replies.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Just curious, how many posts and threads are really threADS by online stores, Ebay sellers, manufacturers and the like.

Some are so shameless and obvious and blatant it's comical. They are so easy to "smell" out.

I think we should post a pic of a yellow duck if we suspect a threAD. (If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck.......)

I think it undermines all credibility to this site in general. I prefer unbiased information.

How about you?:2cool:

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Probably A LOT fewer than you suspect, ECF doesnt take unregistered suppliers/advertisers lightly, and nearly all of them are dealt with post haste.

Many of the people who regularly "promote" a vendor do so based on positive experiences with that vendor.

For example, if you closely followed some of my recommendations/posts over the last year, you could easily misconstrue my constant recommendations of 101vape as shilling, but that couldn't be further from the truth (obv i also recommend many others but 101 comes up quite often).

I just love the vendor.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Moved to Site Feedback and Help.

Not only do the moderators ax those pretty quickly, there are a bunch of people like me that report them the minute we see them. If you see what you think is an ad on the forum, report it.

This.

Unregistered suppliers are dealt with quickly. Registered suppliers are not permitted to post anything about their business outside the supplier related forums. Generally, most of the chatter seen about the various companies come from the membership due to their interaction with those companies.

If you suspect a post is by an unregistered supplier, report it. What we don't want to see is the membership jumping into the thread making accusations that are unwarranted. That includes posting pictures of certain types of waterfowl.

p7willm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
Lansdale, PA, USA
I do not put up spontaneous posts extolling my local B&M store but if someone asks about a good store in my area I will point them out. I also try to point out in the all local stores are slime threads that I have a good experience at mine, usually do not mention the name in those.

I have no strong feelings about online vendors. It is usually a question of who has what I am looking for and I have not had an experience that did not meet expectations, long ship times from fasttech are not a problem.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
rubber-duck%25255B1%25255D.jpg

I'm on to you now Wharf.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I'm not sure what you are seeing - this is one of the most heavily policed forums I've ever seen - and I mean that in a good way. Both unregistered supplier posts and shilling are TOS violations, not to forget blatant SPAM. The stuff that the behind the scenes filtering doesn't get the moderators get. The stuff that might get past the filtering or the moderators (we do let them sleep on occasion you know) us minions in the field report and it gets dispatched if the report is genuine. That little triangle thingy to the right of Blog this post? It's there for good reasons.

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
The stuff that might get past the filtering or the moderators (we do let them sleep on occasion you know) us minions in the field report and it gets dispatched if the report is genuine. That little triangle thingy to the right of Blog this post? It's there for good reasons.

Excellent point. Yes, the members here are extremely helpful in this regard :)

. . . wait, we're allowed to sleep?! :blink: The bossman never told me about that :glare:

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Probably A LOT fewer than you suspect, ECF doesnt take unregistered suppliers/advertisers lightly, and nearly all of them are dealt with post haste.

Many of the people who regularly "promote" a vendor do so based on positive experiences with that vendor.

I agree. Especially when recommending starter sets or liquids to new vapers, I do the same thing.
Sure, for liquids, you can have 100 vapers = 100 taste preferences. But I usually recommend a vendor where the liquids taste like what it says on the bottle, and not like a chemical factory, if you know what I mean ;)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

If you suspect a post is by an unregistered supplier, report it. ...

I think this is Kinda the End-All, Be-All for Dealing with Shills.

And BTW - I haven't seen Very Many people Pumping up a Vendor. Unless, of course, it is the Ubiquitous "Why is the Provari so Great" Threads.

Vermiform

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
Louisiana
There's a paycheck?!? :blink:

Nope, just the satisfaction of banning intentional rule breakers, idiots and troublemakers makes it all worthwhile. Once you boot enough of them, they will eventually go start their own forum where they will make individual threads about you and whine and pathetically commiserate in unison. This is the ultimate reward of a moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread