May 23, 2014
Palmyra, PA

dailywalker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
Fantastica
I like the Russian styled tanks.
I like the airflow on the Russian styled tanks.
The airflow is adjustable and on the side.
I don't actually understand the airflow on the bottom of some of the Kayfuns.
Wouldn't the airflow be blocked on the bottom?

Lookslikethis1.jpg

The image was from fasttech.
I have this style and I don't have much trouble with them. I bought mine from a B&M.
I have polished the matte version out to match my polished Provari`s.
I have the matte version for my satin Provari.

regal55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
york,PA
I think I tried them all and couldn't get any to work, they are incredibly difficult to build for beginners. If I were to do it all over I would get one Authentic KFL 3.1, it has set screws instead of posts with a tiny screw you are supposed to achor the wire under. But ask yourself if its really worth the trouble, an RDA does everything better minus the tank and building is a 5 minute ordeal vs and hour of trial and error (lots of error).

The general consensus on the kayfun clones is EH Pro is the one to go with.. Infinite makes a clone as well and it comes with either a drop kit or nano kit.. Not sure which one.. I have the EH pro and it's okay. Mine has somewhat shallow juice channels. Doesn't really compare to my authentic or my authentic russian. I think I am going to try the infinite version soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
The general consensus on the kayfun clones is EH Pro is the one to go with.. Infinite makes a clone as well and it comes with either a drop kit or nano kit.. Not sure which one.. I have the EH pro and it's okay. Mine has somewhat shallow juice channels. Doesn't really compare to my authentic or my authentic russian. I think I am going to try the infinite version soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can personally vouch for the infinite which is much better quality than the tobeco. I have not tried the EHpro however. My inifinite came with both pmmc and steel mddle section as well as the nano kit.

$30.40 Infinite Kayfun Lite Plus V2 Style 4.5ml Rebuildable Atomizer kit (4.5ml) -

Wickedgt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
For me... I use the 28 gage more than other gages. But I'd recommend having more than one gage wire in your toolbox. I have 32,30,28,&26 gages. I use Temco.com http://www.temcoindustrialpower.com/search.html?t1=kanthal.

You can also find pretty good deals on Amazon. There are other places people will recommend, but in my opinion, most, if not all, of their wire comes from Temco.

p7willm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
Lansdale, PA, USA
All the various lite, version, + refer to versions of the original with different features. I thought the full version would be better with the ability to fill from the side until it started leaking on me and I pluged the fill hole with aquarium sealant.

I currently like filling from a screw in the bottom, although one of mine is leaking, or filling from the top, a little bit complicated.

Whatever features you pick get a clone from an named manufacturer, hcigar, tobeco, etc. and it will be of decent quality.

fropit

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2013
United States
For me... I use the 28 gage more than other gages. But I'd recommend having more than one gage wire in your toolbox. I have 32,30,28,&26 gages. I use Temco.com http://www.temcoindustrialpower.com/search.html?t1=kanthal.

You can also find pretty good deals on Amazon. There are other places people will recommend, but in my opinion, most, if not all, of their wire comes from Temco.

I get my wire from atomizer wick.com good prices and fast and free shipping.

Bibliophile713

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2013
SC, USA
I have only used the Lite Plus Black Edition from Custom Mod Creations, which I've had for about a month. I don't consider myself to be an especially handy person. I had only built Protank heads before getting my Kayfun clone. The first build on it took me about forty minutes. For the sake of practice, I've been totally rebuilding it when changing flavors rather than just rewicking it. So far, I've had no issues with filling it, vape quality, etc. Sorry that I can't compare it to other Kayfun-style atties, but I have had a very good experience with the Black Edition.

MFD00M

Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
San Diego, CA
I really like my Kayfun black edition V3...I have two of them (one black and one stainless steel) and I think they're better than your run of the mill clone. Like above, I got them from Custom Mod Creations.

Here's their description:

V3 UPGRADES:
REDESIGNED 510 DRIP TIP!

DOUBLE O RING!

EXPANDED AIRFLOW!

ADDED STABILITY ON DECK!

BLACK EDITION FEATURES:
ADJUSTABLE 510 PIN CONNECTOR!

IMPROVED METAL BOTTOM AIR FLOW CONTROL SYSTEM!

LIFT UP AIR CHANNEL SCREW TO AVOID LEAKING FROM CHAMBER!

UPGRADED STAINLESS STEEL!

IMPROVED O RINGS AND DRIP TIP!

COMES WITH CLEAR AND METAL TANKS!

WHAT IS INCLUDED:
2 TANKS (METAL AND CLEAR) + FULL SIZE M TANK

TOP MOUNTING COIL SCREWS.

FILING PORT SCREWS.

METAL AIRFLOW CONTROL SCREWS.

SET OF O RINGS.

MINI PORTABLE PHILIPS SCREWDRIVER.

MINI PORTABLE FLAT HEAD SCREWDRIVER.

AIR FLOW CONTROL SCREWDRIVER.

" V3 BLACK EDITION" RETAIL GIFT BOX.

shatteredsoul76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 23, 2014
    Portland, TN, USA
    Im pretty new to vaping as well as trying to build coils, with that being said I finally got in my Ehro Kayfun lite plus V2 yesterday. I soaked it in hot water with Dawn over night and cleaned it with a toothbrush today and rinsed with hot water and proceeded to build a coil for it.

I nailed it the first time with 6 wraps of 30 ga on a 2mm screwdriver which gave me 1.5 ohms as well as some rayon cellucotton, I threw some Killer Juice pina colada in it and popped it on my Provari V2 and wow what a difference in taste even from a Nautilus with a BVC.

I like all my Kanger and Aspire tanks but wish I would have bought a Kayfun from the start, super easy to build and no coil heads to buy and replace plus I love the large stainless steel tank so no worries of breakage there nor tank cracking juice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread