thinking about a regulated mod, best one for $50 or less?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diceman1000

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2014
Belleville, KS
like the title says. i've been vaping solid for about a month with a Vision Spinner 2 and Aerotank/nautilus combo. i've been seriously eyeballing regulated mods like the MVP 2, dna 30 clones, Vamo V5, etc and plan to keep using my clearos along with a Kayfun clone of some sort... what would be the best?

LA-Vapite

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Los Angeles
Personally I like the Vamo V5.
It has held up nicely for me and I recently turned my friend onto it with some PT2's to get started.
He really like the jump in power compared to his ego's

I loved (past) the SVD, but my button hits maybe 3/10 times.(many have this issue too)
Too bad as it was really nice and nice looking when it worked

Many swear by the MVP as well

Don't think you can go wrong with these

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Not many in that price range. If you can find one for under $50, an iTaste MVP-2 is a lot of bang for your bucks.

Non-replaceable, rechargeable 2800mah battery can last up to three days on a charge. Uses a USB charger which can also be used as a passthru to save battery life. Enough battery power to charge your cell phone or iPod.

Built in voltage and ohm meters. LED screen. Kit comes with either two iClear 16 or one iClear 30S clearomizers and a beauty ring adaptor.

KFL+MVP2.jpg MVP V2.jpg MVP_in_hand.jpg

The baby brother to the iTaste MVP is the iTaste VV3. Same features but with only an 800 mah battery.

itaste.jpg

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
Is the cana better than the MVP 2?
Well. The mvp2 has usb charging and can charge another device. But, is only 11 watts.

I vape my kayfuns between 14 to 16 watts most of the time.

I have had a cloupor cana for 3 weeks now and love it. No 33hz pwm rattle like my SID (same chip as a zmax). No need for sub ohm builds (but can fire a .5 ohm build is you choose). The cana reads ohms. Has usb charging, short and low battery protections.

Fires my rdas at 30 watts and works great with my kayfuns @ 14w. Works ok with a 2.2 ohm clearo too if you want to fire a protank or nautilus for some reason.

Jmho but I wouldnt spend $40 to $50 on a mvp2 and not a ft hana for $56.

monkey39

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Texas
I own the Vamo V5, KSD KMax, and MVP 2.0 (in order of purchase), and, up until recently (just got a Sigelei 30w), the Vamo V5 was my go-to device, at home at least. VV/VW ranges are similar between the Vamo and KMax, but I prefer the 3-buttons and OLED screen of the Vamo vs the 1-button and LED screen of the KMax. I like the MVP 2.0, it fits in my pocket pretty well for out-and-about, but have too may regulated mods to use it much at home (champagne problems, right? :D).

One word of warning - the Vamo V5 has been known to have 510 threads that can strip with constant use. I always used it with either a 510 to 510 or ego to ego/510 adapter on it to prevent any issues with the stock 510 threads on it.

Chris Ardito

ECF Veteran

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Hey there :) I have MVP2 triplets and VV3 triplets. I am also looking at something a little different - I *LOVE LOVE LOVE* my MVPs, but I'm wondering what all the buzz is about with the Vamos or the Zmaxes, and even the Provaris. If I get something with more power, I'm going to try for something like 30-50W on the device.

I just picked up my 3rd MVP and VV3 from strictlyecig.com. Less than $70, including shipping, and it was to my door in just under 3 days. I also like 101vape - their prices are just slightly higher, but their base-color MVPs are 39.99. Energy and Shine are higher. Strictlyecig, base-color and Energy series are $37.99, and the Shine is only $42-ish. However their stock is quite limited at this time. Good price on the VV3 express kit, however, Just under $24; 101vape is just under $26

I will probably go for a mod with replaceable batteries next time - still gotta figure out what it is. :)

Good luck - lots of resources here to share the knowledge.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
MVP all the way , read the reviews just from one website like 101vape , the MVP gets all FIVE star reviews and there is 800+ reviews . Most say i have other much more expensive devices but the MVP is the one i use 99% time , no joke it is AWESOME.

I have a DNA 30 and a iPV as well and the MVP still is #1 in my book.

Here is what a veteran said in the "ask the veterans " forum:

IMHO, the MVP is very close to a ProVari in vape quality.

The MVP has a flat signal which the Provari also has , but the MVP costs five times less money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread