RTA closest to RDA experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
I have Kayfuns and had a Fogger... never owned a genesis atty... but i find myself not able to return to the kayfun-draw or vapor production all the time when out and about. I'll vape and frown... missing the vapor, flavor and throat hit from my big mods and drippers sitting at home.

I've seen numerous new RTA's hit the market (or about to) recently and i was wondering what model all you other dripper freaks are using when you can't or don't care to drip (weird, i know lol). Ideally i don't need much juice capacity... just a few mils more than what say my Magma or Origen hold but with better leak protection. Smaller the better.

Was thinking about...

Waiting for another revision of the Orchid. I really think the juice channels and air inlet flush on the deck base need to be fixed first. Leak machine from the current design.

Picking up a Fogger V4.. very similar to the Orchid design... but with the same flaws as well.

Might just grab an older Genesis style atomizer and set it up with cotton as an auto dripper.

So what are my fellow dripper using?! (dont drip and drive!)

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Vaping is very subjective. If a RTA was very close to a RDA Vape I would not want it.

Completely understand and agree. We all want different things. That said...

Then are there any RTA/RBA's you've tried that you didn't personally like because they were too much like a dripper? i.e. greater air flow, more vapor, flavor & throat hit.

Edit:

KurrptSenate said:
I believe you are missing the entire point of the thread roosterado

I would love a tank that vaped exactly like my plume veil without having to drip all the time and carry a bottle of juice

looking at bottom feeders more and more because of this

Exactly my perfect RTA as well... my Plume Veil with a small 3mL or so bottom tank lol. Someone please mod one!

Last edited:

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Lol .... i knew the "bottom feeders" (love it haha) would come in here! I do honestly dig the idea of a bottom feeding device; however, i very much value a small of a size as possible when out.

Ideally... a tiny, pocketable, tube-based mech, bottom feeding 18350 mod with a 5mL (at a max) juice capacity would work. Someone make one of those no bigger than say a small mech mod in 18490... i'll buy one lol.

But seriously guys....

RTA/RBAs for us drippers?

Big Dripper: The BIG Dripper by Sub Ohm Innovations Review - RDA Perfected! VapingwithTwisted420 - YouTube

It's an RDA with a tank on top that you press down to drip. Kinda like an inverse bottom feeder. A "top feeder", if you fill. Probably the closest to what you're looking for. Kinda expensive for an RDA but worth the price IMO for what you get.

AGA T-7: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oge6W6ceZj0

An RTA with a build deck like an RDA. Apparently some people have leaking problems with it. I've never tried it cos it looks uggo IMO.

Last edited:

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Big Dripper: The BIG Dripper by Sub Ohm Innovations Review - RDA Perfected! VapingwithTwisted420 - YouTube

It's an RDA with a tank on top that you press down to drip. Kinda like an inverse bottom feeder. A "top feeder", if you fill. Probably the closest to what you're looking for. Kinda expensive for an RDA but worth the price IMO for what you get.

AGA T-7: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oge6W6ceZj0

An RTA with a build deck like an RDA. Apparently some people have leaking problems with it. I've never tried it cos it looks uggo IMO.

Thanks for the links! The Big Dripper looks awesome! But you're right... i'll hold off on that until they're a clone to try out first. Still... very promising style that i hope more manufacturers experiment with!

The AGA T-7... yeah i've seen it and always passed it by for the same reason as you... it is pretty crap looking lol. Though it seems like another solid tank. I think at that point a Fogger V4 would best it though.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Damn. I just finished watching Twisted's review of the Big Dripper.... that really is ingenious! Some mod maker would make a ... fortune if they made a "universal" (maybe to popular Tobh styled attys) "top cap tank" that would just pop on your Tobh, or Plume Veil etc and hold a few mL's of juice and drip whenever you want.

Ok... now, i can run some 3D models in Solid Works... who's got a 5 axis machine to cut these out!?!? haha

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Damn. I just finished watching Twisted's review of the Big Dripper.... that really is ingenious! Some mod maker would make a ... fortune if they made a "universal" (maybe to popular Tobh styled attys) "top cap tank" that would just pop on your Tobh, or Plume Veil etc and hold a few mL's of juice and drip whenever you want.

Ok... now, i can run some 3D models in Solid Works... who's got a 5 axis machine to cut these out!?!? haha

Right there is another one you may want to look into. Something undefinable somewhere between a tank and a dripper. The Atmomixani 3D.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
You already answered your own question in your first post,the orchid.I know looking at the design,it looks like it would leak everywhere,but it doesn't if you build it right.You thin your wick tails and tuck them into the top part of the juice channels,and you have an amazing tank that wont leak,and is just as good as an rda.You can pick up a clone for $20,and truthfully,it will probably be the best $20 you ever spend.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
You already answered your own question in your first post,the orchid.I know looking at the design,it looks like it would leak everywhere,but it doesn't if you build it right.You thin your wick tails and tuck them into the top part of the juice channels,and you have an amazing tank that wont leak,and is just as good as an rda.You can pick up a clone for $20,and truthfully,it will probably be the best $20 you ever spend.

I'll def be picking up a clone at some point to experiment with. I heard there working on another revision (forget where... ill search) and was waiting on that. Friends who have it say it does indeed leak, but nothing horrible like a Plume Veil lol. Its the non "raised" under the coil air holes like the Magma that weep juice at times.

The closest thing I have to a RDA would be my SQr. It's got a very airy draw when fully opened. The easiest RTA to build and wick on for me as well.

This has caught my interest in the recent past. I'll have to keep my eye out for a clone to try first. Thing is expensive... and ugly as sin :p

Gennys in general (esp with stock wide airflow or modified) come the closest if you are willing to include them in the conversation.

That said, I still find them to be a royal PITA and will usually reach for a KF over a genny

I think i'm leaning towards a Genny to hold me over until something "new" comes out. A Kraken possibly set up with a cotton U wick in auto-dripper mode. Tilt to wet the wicks and vape. Probably as close as i'll get currently.

Most people say that the 3D is a terrible tank. I wouldn't recommend one based on all the bad reviews of it.

Also, in related news, the guy who invented the Big Dripper just got arrested today for having dangerous chemicals inside his house:
Mother of explosives suspect: 'He's just a science geek'

I don't know if this will be an issue for the preorders, but I would probably hold off putting money down on one for now.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Most people say that the 3D is a terrible tank. I wouldn't recommend one based on all the bad reviews of it.

Also, in related news, the guy who invented the Big Dripper just got arrested today for having dangerous chemicals inside his house:
Mother of explosives suspect: 'He's just a science geek'

I don't know if this will be an issue for the preorders, but I would probably hold off putting money down on one for now.

Oh damn! That's crazy. I wonder what these chemicals were exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread