Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
Venturi Dripping Atomizer
The Flavor-Chaser’s Dripper

The Venturi is a high end 22mm atty by a company out of Loma Linda, CA - Neovapetek. Jack is a very cool modder – great service. He offers a lifetime guarantee on everything he makes and is extremely relatable/responsive. Very refreshing to get an answer right away when you contact a vape company, and find the person who responds is excited about his product and cares about customer service! Good vibes right off the bat.

Venturi2.jpg

Preamble
So let’s talk about the atty. This review is written from the perspective of a sub-ohmer (not a cloud chaser per se, but a dense-vape-chaser if you will. To me, pronounced flavor is nice, but secondary to thick, rich, dense vapor – that is simply what satisfies me. That said, there are plenty of times I wish I could have the crisp, intense flavor you get from an atomizer running a 1.8 ohm coil with a tiny air hole and small chamber. The problem is, I won’t use an atty like that long before I find myself reaching for another; although I do love the flavor, I always end up going back to something I can throw a .4 ohm coil in, and open up the air to produce the burly vapor I crave. I’m definitely a rebuildable dripper aficionado; nothing else produces like a dripper.

Enter, stage left - something different… something that offers a nice middle ground. The Venturi atomizer manages to produce intense flavor with a full dripper experience without sublimating air flow or restricting build. You can get creative with your coils and go low in this atty - you’re going to get great airflow, and you’re going to “taste the rainbow.”

Venturi_parts.jpg

How does it do it? A rigorously reduced chamber by way of a chimney (think Kayfun), mated with an innovative air flow and a deep double-well resembling a Tobh or Odin Dripper. This atty merges these elements in a way we’ve not seen before… while managing to keep it attractive on the exterior.

Details
The Venturi has been meticulously designed with what the modder refers to as “Cyclops air hole placement.” The location of the air holes slightly below the coils contributes to the flavor production, while the chimney concentrates the flavor still more (as anyone who uses a Kayfun will understand).

The machining is faultless on all sections, and there was no need to do a preliminary cleaning as all parts arrived clean as a whistle. The threads are buttery smooth, and the materials all feel solid and durable.

Let’s Build it and Vape it
Wanted to mention: first thing I noticed about this product as I pulled the parts from the packaging is the attention to detail and workmanship. From the presentation box it comes in, to the note of authenticity and quality control, and finally, the machining and materials… you immediately know you have something of quality with this atty. Sturdy and well-built.

Venturi_parts_in_the_box.jpg

Also, very cool that it comes with three different top caps. I’ve been vaping each for a several days and can’t tell any substantive difference between them vape-wise; these appear to be just for aesthetics. Someone was paying attention to demand; today’s vaper wants looks as well as brains on their gear.

Venturi_parts_2.jpg

Now to the good stuff. I built out my Venturi with dual coils; the modder says you can go single, but I’m not seeing any way to shut off the airflow on one side. Two air slots on the base, and two on the chimney. So dual it is, and my build came out to .42 ohms.

IMG_4540.JPG

IMG_4567.JPG

4567.jpg

IMG_4580.JPG

Note: cool feature - the center post has two holes so you can attach both coils without having to strain for space. However, be prepared for a tiny bit of a struggle to angle the legs properly to get them in there, as the holes are not vertical to one another.

Venturi_center_post_holes.jpg

With the cotton in place, I was able to drip 20 drops into the Venturi’s sizable well.

IMG_4581.JPG

Pop on the chimney piece (I left the air at full throttle), screw on top cap of choice, and she’s ready to go.

Note: all my drip tips fit nicely on this atty. The drip tip connects to the chimney top, so when you turn the drip tip, you adjust the airflow. This is both a good thing, and an annoyance if you forget and absent mindedly allow your drip tip to turn during use.

With alternate cap:
Turtleship_with_Venturi_2.jpg

Vape Quality
Hard to find fault with this atomizer. The flavor is over-the-top good. I was experiencing nuances to my blood orange that I have never noticed before, and AIV’s 15 Foot Falls was by far at its best. The vapor production was not what I’d call stellar, but I have more experimentation to do to find the sweet spot. One thing I did was to push my coils down a little more into the well so they’d be as close as possible to the air slits. This improved the density and fullness of the vapor a bit. I will be trying twisted Kanthal and vertical coils as well – maybe even a quad. Lots of fun in this thing.

Final Thoughts
You’re not going to find an atty that delivers better flavor than the Venturi (hence why I nicknamed it “The Flavor-Chaser’s Dripper” (that was not from the modder). Also aesthetically, I am very happy with this atty. The price point of $135 starts looking extremely reasonable when you consider it comes with three attractive top caps.

Back to the vapor question... after a couple of weeks and four different builds, I'm still going with a description of adequate. I'll be searching for a build that really makes it sing, and will report back here when I find it. But bottom line, this is a dripper for those who value flavor over vapor production, and that said, it’s better than a Kayfun in my opinion because of the full throttle air option and the legitimate dripper design.

A couple of caveats: do not try to adjust the 510 pin. Although it has a movable flat head screw, loosening it to provide more length will result in leakage into the 510 cavity. You should fully tighten that screw before you begin to build, as the center post will turn in its seating a bit while you are tightening everything up top if the pin is not snug in place. Also – try to give yourself a little length in your coil legs so you can adjust the coils toward the outer edges and as well, push them down a bit into the well.

Aesthetics hounds will appreciate the sleek look of this atty on various high end mods, and enjoy playing with the cap combinations.

Venturi_and_Vela.jpg

Nemmy_with_Venturi.jpg

Overall Evaluation
Flavor Production 10/10
Vapor Production 7/10
Functionality 8/10
Innovation / Design 10/10
Machining & Threading 10/10
Materials and assembly 9/10
Aesthetics 8/10

Last edited:

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
Small update: It turns out that the drip tip should NOT turn the chimney with the top cap fully tightened.

Mine was turning, as briefly mentioned in the review... sometimes I'd inadvertently turn the drip tip a touch and this would alter the air flow. So this is good news: the modder read what I had posted and immediately wrote to me to inform me that there was an issue with a few of the V1 chimneys (some of them were slightly out of spec) and that he is sending me a V2 upgrade kit to bring everything up-to-date. He says this will completely fix the issue.

I'm so impressed here... It wasn't more than 20 minutes after I posted this review that he read it, realized there was the slightest little something amiss, and was on it, writing to me and sending the upgrade kit to fix the problem. That is crazy, stellar customer service.

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
Hmmm interesting idea.
Seems like it is basically adding high airflow to a mini dripper, which sounds like a recipe for win to me.

At face value the price point seems a little high but not unreasonable perhaps.

Hmm? Not only good airflow but it looks like it would be hard to get that thing to leak too. Looks like the air is pulled from the top part of the cap, then down through the outside of the chimney through to the deck. pretty innovative design!!

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
Wasn't meant to be - it was an honest review. I gave the pros and cons.
nice review.

Is the center post copper or gold plated brass?

I would prefer plated brass because copper would take a beating build after build.

Thanks in advance

tivo

Edit: never mind about the center post-LOL I'm color blind and someone with better eyes just said it looks like Brass

Last edited:

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Hmm? Not only good airflow but it looks like it would be hard to get that thing to leak too. Looks like the air is pulled from the top part of the cap, then down through the outside of the chimney through to the deck. pretty innovative design!!

Airflow is very similar to the Immo+ dripper. But the Immo+ dripper delivers the air directly beneath the coil.

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ

Agreed - I haven't had any leakage at all. Which makes it a nice choice for on the go vaping (also considering it holds a full mil of liquid before a re-drip is necessary).

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
nice review.

Is the center post copper or gold plated brass?

I would prefer plated brass because copper would take a beating build after build.

Thanks in advance

tivo

Edit: never mind about the center post-LOL I'm color blind and someone with better eyes just said it looks like Brass
It's 22k gold plated brass.

I just got my authentic Venturi in today. It has a few issues that I have found.

1. The post holes are pretty small, especially the centre post. Even though the centre post has four holes they all go through the same spot, so if the wire is too thick, you won't be able to fit the leg from the second coil through there.

Edit: apparently there is a way to fit thicker wire through the centre post but it can take some wrangling to do it.

2. The post screws are too short (they only reach down about halfway through the post holes) so they won't grab the wire if your kanthal gauge is too narrow. It won't grab a single strand of 28 gauge. If you want to build with 28 gauge or narrower, you will have to wrap the wires around the screws at the top of the post holes (like in a Fogger V4). This one was honestly kind of a head-scratcher for me. They really should have included longer screws.

Last edited:

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
I just got my authentic Venturi in today. It has a few issues that I have found.

1. The post holes are pretty small, especially the centre post. Even though the centre post has four holes they all go through the same spot, so if the wire is too thick, you won't be able to fit the leg from the second coil through there.

Edit: apparently there is a way to fit thicker wire through the centre post but it can take some wrangling to do it.

2. The post screws are too short (they only reach down about halfway through the post holes) so they won't grab the wire if your kanthal gauge is too narrow. It won't grab a single strand of 28 gauge. If you want to build with 28 gauge or narrower, you will have to wrap the wires around the screws at the top of the post holes (like in a Fogger V4). This one was honestly kind of a head-scratcher for me. They really should have included longer screws.

Hi Stan - sorry to hear this, but I think it can be easily fixed. :) Sounds like you got one of the 1.5's which came with shorter screws.

Please send an email to Chris (cchapman@neovapetek.com). You'll receive a free v2 parts upgrade which includes longer screws.

Hey.... regarding your difficulty building, it sounds like you might be trying to stuff both lead wires through the same hole, which won't work, so I can understand your frustration. You need to use all four holes when working with thicker wire, twisted coils, parallels, etc. The wires should look like this going through the post:
)(

Hope this helps - please report back when you've got it all sorted. Also PM me if you'd like a PDF copy of the Venturi User's Manual.

Thanks Vwls. I posted on the Venturi Facebook and they directed me to the closed group where I was able to download and view the user's manual PDF. They also told me how the thicker wire would fit through the centre post. I'm going to give it a shot tonight with a dual twisted 28 gauge. Apparently a V3 is coming in a few months which will have thicker posts and wider post holes, amongst other upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread