Status
Not open for further replies.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Don't buy from the unscrupulous profiteers that are price gouging us for a dollar a pad! Spoke to a rep at koh Gen do and what their doing to stop these vendors from cornering the market is to limit one box of 60 pads $12 per box per order PLUS jacking up the shipping to $12..... So it totals $23.72 to our door via UPS. Hopefully individual end users will buy it up this time around!! I had been checking all the sites that sell this (oem koh gen do) everyday for about 2 weeks. Sure I could've bought from an ecig vendor for..... $1.50 a PAD, but I couldn't pull the trigger out of principle.

Enjoy fellow vapers this link should bring you directly to the page.

P. S./FYI
I thought this was interesting. When speaking to the Koh Gen do rep to get a notification for their product when back in stock, I asked her about the dark specks in the cotton, she told me that she believed(?) it is clove???? She said, "they grow this cotton with clove in it, or around it, to sooth sensitive skin naturally" ........ I am quoting her so don't jump all over me if it isn't true, because she wasn't 100%.

https://www.kohgendocosmetics.com/Cotton_60pads.asp?catID=16

maf2k8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
Hey! I am from Chicago also!

I to have been searching for some Koh Gen Do,

My usual place is OOS. I am so ...... that all these vendors have bought up all the 12 boxes and charging anywhere from .50-1.25 a pad! Complete BS! I noticed the KohGenDo website and was about to order from them the other day until i noticed they wanted 11.00 to ship a 12.00 box of cotton? That weighs how much? I wouldn't mind if i could buy 2-3 boxes to make up for the shipping costs but 1 box? Seems like they are trying to dip there hands into the pot also.

Looks like i am going back to organic cotton balls..

Koh Gen Do cotton pads are better then cotton but not that much better to pay 11.00 to ship a box of cotton, insane.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
They are I guess but I'd rather pay .39 cents per pad and know its koh gen do and not "Japanese cotton" in a clear plastic baggie which can be any of the 5 brands you see on eBay....... I'd say split the cost..... And when you split the pad you'll get 120 so all in all, Imo it's still a good deal ! ??
In Bridgeport

Last edited:

maf2k8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
They are I guess but I'd rather pay. 39 cents and know its koh gen do and not "Japanese cotton" in a clear plastic baggie which can be any of the 5 brands you see on eBay....... I'd say split the cost..... And when you split the pad you'll get 120 so all in all, Imo it's still a good deal ! ??
In Bridgeport

I use to hang out over in Bridgeport! I am over in Oak Lawn now.

The problem i have with using Koh Gen Do though, Is i found that they wick SOOO much nicer when you tear the 2 outer layers off and use the middle. I waste a little by doing it that way but at 12 bux a box and free shipping (what i paid) i didn't care. I don't think i could go back to using them the regular way, so much better when removing the outer layers.

I dunno, I have to really decide if i want to eat the fact i am getting raped on the 11.00 shipping. I don't think i can do it.

I might just go back to cotton balls until the NEXT BIG THING gets popular for wicking and Koh Gen Do dies off and can be bought at normal prices again.

Gqballa

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2013
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ive been using shiseido (also japanese cotton) no boil just snip and wick. ive noticed faster absorption, less wick changing, more flavour.

I switched from boiled Organic cotton, i bought a pack of shiseido for 11.55 for 165 sheets when a local B&M was selling was selling it for $2.10 for 5 pads...

I paid .07 cents a pad vs .42 cents a pad...SIGH

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
I was at a brick and mortar and thought all their juice was weak so they offered to re wick they didn't even halve it he just cut a 1/8 in and it wicked much better than organic cotton balls or the 500 feet of rayon I have sitting next to me..... Not only did it wick better the vape was much cleaner! I just love it! And like I said I can afford it and know that it is koh gen do and an not some off brand. I'll have to experiment with it as far as splitting it or cutting through as is, the whole pad?

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
ive been using shiseido (also japanese cotton) no boil just snip and wick. ive noticed faster absorption, less wick changing, more flavour.

I switched from boiled Organic cotton, i bought a pack of shiseido for 11.55 for 165 sheets when a local B&M was selling was selling it for $2.10 for 5 pads...

I paid .07 cents a pad vs .42 cents a pad...SIGH
I almost pulled the trigger on Shiseido from Amazon but a couple verified complaints mentioned that they did not recieve what was pictured so I held out.... Plus everyone seems to be comparing it to koh gen do....

Can you say it's as good if not better than KGD.......the pics that i've seen show KGD being fluffier or instead of fluff between 2 sheets I've seen 5 sheets?

Gqballa

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2013
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I almost pulled the trigger on Shiseido from Amazon but a couple verified complaints mentioned that they did not recieve what was pictured so I held out.... Plus everyone seems to be comparing it to koh gen do....

Can you say it's as good if not better than KGD.......the pics that i've seen show KGD being fluffier or instead of fluff between 2 sheets I've seen 5 sheets?

Never tried KGD but ill say it's better than organic cotton

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
i find it asinine that people can justify impure cellulose fiber (cotton) over pure cellulose fiber (rayon) for the "comfort factor"
phill is a well intentioned guy but he doesnt know what he doesnt know and people blindly following him have even less of an excuse
I stopped using rayon for the time being because I don't think it's as pure as you think it is......and I'm not a follower.... I just said I tried all variants and KGD wicked the best and had the best flavor (NO other flavor) if you don't believe me try it.... Rayon has an acrid taste that dissipates but doesn't go away fully. What are you a rayon salesman, or do you own a sallies beauty supply ? What's your point??. He's well intentioned but? But what? What tests can you cite, that tell me you're well intentioned..... Chemicals are used to manufacture it . I'll choose natural cotton that is grown free of pesticides!

Last edited:

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Natural, organic, Pesticide free=koh Gen do =good enough for me .... I'm hoping that rayon is safe and seeing that it's made indoors away from our polluted world score one point for it........ For all we know koh gen do is hydroponically created indoors which I would believe you'd be OK with, away from this dirty polluted environment in which we live ..... Which could be a trade secret as to how they are able to yield pesticide free cotton. None have been tested so I'm going to try and use reason and common sense to make a decision between the lessor of the possible hazards ........I choose koh gen do as the lessor evil of these two wicks with the data that we have so far.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
For all I know Koh Gen Do may be the greatest thing to come along since Vaping.

That said, Everything I have read about it and everything I have found so far clearly is Promotional advertisement for the Koh Gen Do line of Cosmetic Products.
A line of Products specifically geared to the upper class and to yield high profitability.

When you start using FOR ALL WE KNOW - you un-sell me immediately.
Using assumption to claim absolution is illogical :blink:

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Blinkin back atcha? Unknowns abound to this point my friend.... I'm not trying to sell you or anyone on anything! I don't work for koh gen do or work for anyone in the ecig biz, what Im trying to do(?) ..... is let the end users who are getting hosed by vendors in, on freshly stocked cotton that I enjoy using and know others are also in search of said product, that is extremely hard to get!!! Should I have kept it to myself?

Madmullet

Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA, Earth
Thanks for the Heads up. Got my order in before they run out. i'm in the same boat I have been wanting to give it a try but not going to pay the jacked up prices vaping shops are charging just for 1 pad. I also have some Muji pads coming to see how well they work they got good reviews on the Amazon from vapors. Will be cool to do a side by side comparison.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
If you do a Google search for Koh gen do, you'll usually find a few places that have it in stock. Usually. And a lot of those results are unfortunately people selling two pads for $5 on fleabay.

FWIW, I bought a box off Amazon a little while back, but I haven't touched it since my Rayon and Tencel Top arrived in the mail. I've been experiencing much better performance with those, but everyone likes something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread