Noobie question cause i cant process

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumiquatchim

Moved On
Aug 8, 2014
Iran
Because of the voltage limitation. The HexOhm Box only goes to 6V.

So, if you build any higher than .72Ohms, you won't get to 50w. A DNA30 goes to 8.3V, and with that you can't build any higher than 2.29Ohms if you want to max it out at 30w.
But ohms dont matter in a box mod. So ... ? And at 8.5 volts on a dna30 you should be having more vapor. Help ?

EuroChris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2014
Norway
But ohms dont matter in a box mod. So ... ? And at 8.5 volts on a dna30 you should be having more vapor. Help ?

Ohms and Voltage decides the wattage. If your mod(box or tube, it doesn't matter) only has a maximum voltage output of 6V, you need to build a coil low enough so you can get your desired wattage.

On a DNA30, you set the wattage, not the voltage.

EuroChris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2014
Norway
so if i use a 0.3 ohm on a cana modz and a 0.8 ohm build both at 30 watts. Will there be a difference in terms of vapor or is it the same ? If so then why do they show you your voltage aswell although you cant adjust it.

No difference.Not much need for voltage to be shown, but it's nice to see how close you are to the voltage limit.

EuroChris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2014
Norway
Thank you very muuuch ! Btw should i go for a cana modz 70$ as my next step after a starter kit ?
I'd go for Vaporshark rDNA, if I was in the market for a 30w mod. Alternatives are Sigelei 30w, Sigelei 50w and IPV1&2. There's also the Cloupor, but I haven't read up on it, so I can't say yay or nay.

And one more. I want to achieve a 0.83 ohm coil/resistance. I am using 28 gauge. On the steam engine it tells me the wraps for a dual one. But i dont know what to wrap it around, i got a bunch of screwdrivers and scrap in this big box but dont know what i have to wrap it around.

I use this site, as I think it has a better user interface: Coil Toy - Online calculator for e-cigarette resistance coil building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread