Amanoo Ecig, Is it a mech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
It is an interesting concept. I read some other sites. It looks like it is auto device with an encased battery that you put on a charging pad to charge. I didn't see any wires and I wouldn't say because it has a charging cable would declassified it as a mech.

Without having one to look at, I don't see why it wouldn't be a mech. It has no boards or safety measures, electronics in it that I could tell.

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
Well, I use mechs only, and I would not buy that thing. I have no idea what it is, nor do I wish to find out. I did read a post by someone looking for his first mech on here today, saying his Amanoo broke on him. He was clearly not ready for mechs, didn't want to rebuild.

Same poster.

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Same poster.

Ah, I should have guessed. Well I guess he's looking for a vaping solution and got an Amanoo... whatever it is. Well, he's at least come to the right place here, and will get a lot of good advice. I told him to get an MVP2. Lot's of attys he can put on that without rebuilding.

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Hey guys, im doing some research on mechanical mods and im curious if the Amanoo E-Cig is a mechnical vaporizer, i own one and there is no chips/wires in the e-cig, direct contact from the battery to the atomizer.

Amanoo Cig - AMANOO_e-cigarette

No, it's not a mech. The Nemesis you were looking at IS a mech, but as we discussed in the other thread, since you don't want to rebuild a mech is not really what you want. Since you are asking about this, a mech is a mod (modified battery tube) that has no electronics, no wires, no menus, and only a button that closes a circuit and sends the current straight to the coil.

At the risk of seeming pedantic a mech is not what you want, a regulated mod is much more in line with your desire for a good vape that does not involve rebuilding and as pretty as many mechs are, they will not serve you well in the long run unless you get into rebuilding, which you have said you don't want to deal with.

Here's an idea: buy yourself an RSST, some 400 mesh, some 26-28 kanthal, watch some YouTube videos on rebuilding and wick making and see what you can do.... or get a Kayfun, some cotton or silica, some more kanthal, and see what you can do with that. You will also need IMR batteries, ohm meter, and voltage meter. You will spend the money anyway groping around for a good vape, so you have nothing to lose.

Odds are you are going to spend a good deal of money whatever you do, so why not learn something? It might just be great for you! Really! You won't know if you don't try, and if you succeed wonderful vaping awaits along with a great feeling of accomplishment.

Trust me on this, NOTHING vapes like a well set up RBA.... NOTHING.

If you are going to get the mech anyway, just do the rebuilding thing.

Last edited:

Underwhelmed

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
Ah, I should have guessed. Well I guess he's looking for a vaping solution and got an Amanoo... whatever it is. Well, he's at least come to the right place here, and will get a lot of good advice. I told him to get an MVP2. Lot's of attys he can put on that without rebuilding.

This thread is linked back to that website, so something smells fishy with this thread.

I saw your earlier conversation with him and agree, an MVP would be 1000% better choice than this device, a device I've never heard of before (and I'm on ECF everyday, several times a day, not that that means I've seen it all, but if it's a decent device word spreads quickly and this is the first I've heard of this device and it looks like it lasted 3 days.).

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Well at least we pointed out that it was a bad device, so their link-back/spam/sales technique is now worthless, but you tried to help him and gave him good advice regardless.

Yeah, thanks, I just wish I'd picked up on what he was really doing quicker. I'm slowing down in my old age....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread