Status
Not open for further replies.

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
You shouldn't be happy with that device, not because of the next version coming out, but because they sold you a mod that self activates if the touch sensor gets wet or juice on it. What were they thinking? If it were me I would be mad at them, not because of the v3 or v4 coming out before Christmas, but because they carelessly sold me a product that could self fire when slightly wet! If you think that buying the v3 will solve your problems you're wrong. This is China within a month or two after the v3 there will be the v4.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Am I the only who's not happy with Pioneer4You right now? The iPV2 was just released, and I bought one. Next thing I know, the iPV2-S and iPV3 are about to be released already. I love my iPV2, but I'd rather have the 2-S or 3. I'll probably sell my 2 and wait a week or three for the 2-S or 3 to come out.

What is the IPV2-S?

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
You shouldn't be happy with that device, not because of the next version coming out, but because they sold you a mod that self activates if the touch sensor gets wet or juice on it. What were they thinking? If it were me I would be mad at them, not because of the v3 or v4 coming out before Christmas, but because they carelessly sold me a product that could self fire when slightly wet! If you think that buying the v3 will solve your problems you're wrong. This is China within a month or two after the v3 there will be the v4.

Most people deactivate the touch sensor so it's no issue.

What is the IPV2-S?

It's the IPV2 with an upgradeable chip, and better screws (and the touch sensor is permanently deactivated).

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
Most people deactivate the touch sensor so it's no issue.

It's the IPV2 with an upgradeable chip, and better screws (and the touch sensor is permanently deactivated).

So I can sell you a house with a minor defect, every time you turn the hot water switch on your hot water heater overheats and has a chance to explode and go through the roof.
But don't worry, the switch can be deactivated... does that fix the problem? What if someone doesn't know you can deactivate that switch and accidentally gets the switch wet?

Those things should have been recalled a long time ago, no way in hell any US company would get away with a "minor thing" like that here. There's plenty of quality Chinese made stuff, but let's be honest this isn't one of them.

bulldog63h

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Elizabethton Tennessee
So I can sell you a house with a minor defect, every time you turn the hot water switch on your hot water heater overheats and has a chance to explode and go through the roof.
But don't worry, the switch can be deactivated... does that fix the problem? What if someone doesn't know you can deactivate that switch and accidentally gets the switch wet?

Those things should have been recalled a long time ago, no way in hell any US company would get away with a "minor thing" like that here. There's plenty of quality Chinese made stuff, but let's be honest this isn't one of them.

I don't want the house, but if you have a car that will veer sharply off the road if you go over 25 mph unless the radio volume is at 13 and the right side turn signal is on, I'll take it. I like living on the wild side.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
It's pretty smart if you ask me...

'Hey! Here's a cool new toy, you should all rush to buy it. Seriously, you will love your life. A month or so later... Oh hey, here's an upgradable version of the toy you just bought, and a totally new toy that's twice as powerful. You should all rush to buy one. Seriously, you will love your life. Don't worry about your old one.'

Albeit, not cool.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Neither is an auto firing switch that goes off on it's own when wet. Oh, did I mention it happens to be right next to the 510 connector the spot most likely to get juice on it?

I've had mine for a little over a month and it works flawlessly. Unlike PB I am not going to lick mine (several times before it did what he wanted) and then say it fires automatically. Mine has gotten wet, had juice on it and it works fine. I do not allow my battery to discharge down to zero either because it's not good for the batteries.

Beyond PB and the folks that have purposely tried to get it to fire I am not seeing a whole lot of complaints about this device. I really like mine and have used it quite a bit without any problems.

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
Neither is an auto firing switch that goes off on it's own when wet. Oh, did I mention it happens to be right next to the 510 connector the spot most likely to get juice on it?

Yea that's a totally messed up defect & I'm glad to know about it. I wasn't planning to buy this any time soon but I was looking at it & had no idea about that problem. Thanks for mentioning it.

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
  • Deleted by Robino1
  • Reason: Attack the post.....NOT the poster. Thank you
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread