Status
Not open for further replies.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Each time I come in here to see what you guys are posting... another tear or two fall. This is tough stuff.

Me, too.

How about this for old times sake:

ResMonkeySeal-150_zps1f097550.png

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
RIP Drew, you will be missed my friend !!

I love ya brutha and will miss you terribly. You enriched our lives, our hearts and our world. My heart especially goes out to his beautiful wife Angie and his adorable daughter at home, whom he loved so much. Rest in peace my friend.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Look what the Drew dragged in...

Hiya Moo and CG! Gawd I miss you guys! To our good times! :toast:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Yes Kat, I am one of the few who remember when you were still just a wee lil newbie and not the vaping goddess you evolved into...lol! Damn we had some good laughs here!

Wee lil newb, eh? :laugh:

And yes, we definitely did...

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
The day after, was a real bummer waking up this morning. Realizing my special Drew ringtone would never ring again. The ringtone? Life's Been Good (to me so far) by Joe Walsh. It was Drew and my private joke. No denying the resemblance! When I wanted to get a rise out of him, I would just hum the opening bars and he would give me a big F-U! I would always calmly respond "Ok Joe".
It's the little things that hurt the most.

Ease

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2010
Middle Tennessee
I'm not sure where others heard the news but I just found out a minute ago. I got my first kit ever from Drew and he always went out of his way to help over the years. My condolences go out to his family. Drew will be sorely missed.

Got my first kit from him too, still works 4 years later. The guy even told me how to make the liquid I had been buying from him, saving me a ton of $. RIP Drew.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
As GotVapes was growing I had issues with organizing stock and staging for shipments, etc. Had developed a friendship with Drew and speaking to him one day on Skype he generously offered alot of advice and even brought me into his facilities through his tablet and cam to try to help out, not as a fellow businessman, but a fellow human being. Drew was sweet, wonderful, loving. Very very sad....

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
RIP Drew...... You have left us too soon and will be missed but always remembered. I can't help but be reminded of Drew each time my Darwin is used in my rotation and all of the fun times we all have had and the friendships that were fostered here in the Darwin thread.

Just had to re-play Drew's video from his original post starting this thread before adding my sincere condolences here.... You will be missed my friend...

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
Underneath that tough guy exterior, was a big-hearted teddy bear. I had barely known Drew at about the time the Darwin pre-release frenzy had started. The first 200 units were pre-sold within a couple of hours and I was devastated to have missed out. I posted about my lament. An hour later, I got a pm from Drew himself to call him. This was late on a Saturday but he felt bad that I had missed out. I called him and he told me that he had two units of his own coming and he would give up one of his for me. We ended up talking for about 2 hours and little did we know, but a great friendship had been made. I love you buddy.

Moofaso

Smoke Free Since 11-11-11
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2011
I'm right behind you
I first met Drew in a google hangout. From our first meeting, I could tell Drew was a down to earth, straight shooting kind of guy. On our first hangout (there were many many others) a Darwin came up for sale on ECF. A friend of mine in the hangout alerted me to it knowing I had been searching for so long. I shot over to ECF and PM's the OP without even looking at the mod or reading the price and tried to claim it, but I was too late. I had been trying to get a Darwin for months and they were so hot at the time it was almost impossible. Our hangout last another hour or so and we talked about everything under the sun, and as Drew was getting ready to leave, Drew said "You really want a Darwin, don't ya Moo?" I said "Ya know what Drew, I really do and I will get lucky one day, believe that !"

I never asked if he had any extras, I never tried to squeeze one out of him, hell I just met the guy and our hangout wasn't about that, we had great conversation's. Well, as Drew was leaving, he picked up a Darwin and showed it to me and said "If you want it, its yours" and gave me his paypal address to send the money. I was floored. He only asked the purchase price even though Darwins were going for quite a bit more on the classies. Here I am, a nobody, just meeting Drew an hour and a half before, and Drew throws me a bone,

Since that hangout, we hungout often. He was a genuine and friendly guy with quite a great sense of humor.

You were a staple of the community Drew, my friend, and you will be missed Sir !!

lowboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Well I have not been on ECF in sometime. It was sad to hear he had passed. I never met him but concerned him my friend. I only wish I could raise my Darwin in a toast vape but the screen went out and I found out that Evolv will not fix it I will still keep it and always remember him when I pick it up.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
Well I have not been on ECF in sometime. It was sad to hear he had passed. I never met him but concerned him my friend. I only wish I could raise my Darwin in a toast vape but the screen went out and I found out that Evolv will not fix it I will still keep it and always remember him when I pick it up.

Hey Eugene.. good to see ya man! It's like a class reunion here. It's too bad it takes something so awful to bring people together. Much as it is in the real world. Anyway, I think Drew would be happy to see how many people's lives he touched in a positive way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread