Status
Not open for further replies.

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
Ladies and gentlemen, for your entertainment and amusement, I present you with Movie Quiz number 90. :)

The thread will run its course for a week or so, and I'll bump it with hints and whatnot as needed. Answers will be posted when the time feels right.

There are eight screenshots below. Most of them should be fairly recognizable if you've seen the films. So, which of these movies can you identify?

Please answer with movie numbers only, not titles..
forum_flail.gif

Good luck!

movie-quiz_92.jpg

bobsyeruncle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 5, 2010
    in a cave, eh?
    #1 If you recognized tv's Steven Keaton, the father of an 80's sitcom family, playing the male half of a survivalist couple and you recognized the part of the creature left behind that grabbed that truck axle, you'd have a pretty good idea of the film.

#3 is kind of an action hero, he's looking really young here, who famously burned out and recently landed a role in the Expendables 3. #3 also spawned 2 more famous sequels. Well, any of the guys would probably be slapping their collective foreheads for missing this one.

Well, I'd think 1, 3, 4 and 8 would be the more obvious ones, anyway. Without giving too much away ... :)

caffeinated

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 18, 2010
    NH
    Well, I'd think 1, 3, 4 and 8 would be the more obvious ones, anyway. Without giving too much away ... :)
    My thinking for #2, #5 and #7 was that they'd be almost instantly identifiable by most people who'd seen the movies they represent. In fact, those are generally the types of screenshots I seek out when I'm putting the movie quizzes together.

Admittedly though, despite its hugely popular lead actors, #7 wasn't nearly the box office smash it probably should have been. So, I wouldn't be surprised it a lot of folks haven't seen it.

Anyway, I'll look to get the first post of hints 'n clues put up by tomorrow night. Hopefully that will help jog some memories. :)

caffeinated

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 18, 2010
    NH
    Time for hints!

#1: First, I'll copy/paste bob's earlier hint;

"If you recognized tv's Steven Keaton, the father of an 80's sitcom family, playing the male half of a survivalist couple and you recognized the part of the creature left behind that grabbed that truck axle, you'd have a pretty good idea of the film."

Next, I'll mention that two of the lead actors were Kevin Bacon and Fred Ward. And finally, I'll tell you that the actor in the screenshot is Michael Gross, who, as bob mentioned, played Steven Keaton - the father from the 80's sitcom Family Ties.

#2: This scene, from Volume 1 of a two-part Quentin Tarantino project, shows The Bride battling the few still-standing members of the Crazy 88.

#3: That's a 22-year-old Mel Gibson sitting behind the wheel of his Pursuit Special Interceptor. In this film, the first in a trilogy, he plays the title character; a Main Force Patrol officer who develops a powerful thirst for revenge.

#4: If you don't recognize the screenshot of Carl Spackler, Assistant Groundskeeper at the Bushwood Country Club, then you definitely won't understand what the Dali Lama meant when he said, "Gunga, gunga-lagunga." :D

Hope these help!

movie-quiz_92_1-4.jpg

Last edited:

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
    Dec 11, 2010
    Kentucky
    The comments made me a little curious about #7. I'm surprised I never even heard of it since I like a lot of the star's movies and a couple of the director's movies.

Love many more of the star's dad's movies, but the star himself is excellent and has great range -- might wind up being better than his dad (I know it's sacrilege to say that, but I think if he could get his hands on a great script, a proper budget, and a little luck with casting, he could make a movie that would eclipse anything ever made).

Can't say much about the director. Like two of his movies, one is borderline, and the others range, for me, from blah to "he should be exiled from Hollywood for trashing good scripts and abusing the talents of good actors."

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread