Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Tried out the Cignot SD and Wow - never got a hit like this off any supermini. Perfect starter kit, but a fun 'retro lookback' for me :) Auto batt works well, no leaks and it charges from the other end! Magnetic connection, no threading. That's a nice feature. While small, it's a 220mAh batt which will get you more time than the 510 regular batt. I got the metal clearo tank (no filler!) - you need a small thin tip to fill and although it isn't a Kanger T3 3ml tank, it went through 2 battery charges before having to refill. I like that the mouthpiece screws in as well.

For someone starting out, this would be much better than the cigalikes sold in the gas stations. Just the hit is impressive and would be for smokers looking to quit cigarettes. The first ecig I had was a supermini and it didn't do it for me. It took a 510 for me to stop smoking but the SD would have done it.

Last edited:

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
I am so glad you like it Kent! The SD really is impressive for its size and the small format makes it an easy transition for a smoker. Technology sure has come a long way!

Tried out the Cignot SD and Wow - never got a hit like this off any supermini. Perfect starter kit, but a fun 'retro lookback' for me :) Auto batt works well, no leaks and it charges from the other end! Magnetic connection, no threading. That's a nice feature. While small, it's a 220mAh batt which will get you more time than the 510 regular batt. I got the metal clearo tank (no filler!) - you need a small thin tip to fill and although it isn't a Kanger T3 3ml tank, it went through 2 battery charges before having to refill. I like that the mouthpiece screws in as well.

For someone starting out, this would be much better than the cigalikes sold in the gas stations. Just the hit is impressive and would be for smokers looking to quit cigarettes. The first ecig I had was a supermini and it didn't do it for me. It took a 510 for me to stop smoking but the SD would have done it.

Vicky, I received my cignot SD yesterday and you guys hit a home run! I use an eVic for my home use and car, but at work I was looking for a smaller ecig. The performance I receive from this little guy is great! I can't believe it, I feel its most similar in performance to a eGo-C but in a much smaller package. I will be referring friends who are trying to quit to this package.

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
Well Thank you! That is an interesting combination of devices. Evic - SD It really is a great little machine and perfect for the transition time.

Vicky, I received my cignot SD yesterday and you guys hit a home run! I use an eVic for my home use and car, but at work I was looking for a smaller ecig. The performance I receive from this little guy is great! I can't believe it, I feel its most similar in performance to a eGo-C but in a much smaller package. I will be referring friends who are trying to quit to this package.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
There's one more (and significant, imo) PLUS for the SD. Since the charger accepts the 'led' end of the batt, you don't have to break it down to charge - just insert the batt end into the charger without removing the clearo top.

At home, and even at work, if you have the charger near where you're sitting, when you take a hit, and put down the SD, you can just put it into the charger - no screwing it in, since the charger is magnetized - a one handed action - just get it near enough for the magnet to attract. Put a finger down on the charger end to pull it out. It causes no problem to have the clearo attached when you do this and it keeps batt at near full charge all the time!! :)

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
built in passthru function :)

There's one more (and significant, imo) PLUS for the SD. Since the charger accepts the 'led' end of the batt, you don't have to break it down to charge - just insert the batt end into the charger without removing the clearo top.

At home, and even at work, if you have the charger near where you're sitting, when you take a hit, and put down the SD, you can just put it into the charger - no screwing it in, since the charger is magnetized - a one handed action - just get it near enough for the magnet to attract. Put a finger down on the charger end to pull it out. It causes no problem to have the clearo attached when you do this and it keeps batt at near full charge all the time!! :)

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
So the info I got was not surprisingly inconclusive... Joyetech makes the PCC and not the battery so they could not really answer and the battery manufacturer did not give me an answer I feel confident with....

The SD battery charges from the bottom and does not make proper contact in the PCC at the bottom... it does make proper contact on the threaded side but the lid will hit the bottom of the battery and there are contacts there and the battery is shorted against the box. I put a silicone seal on the bottom to prevent metal to metal and was able to charge it.

There are things like the MVP or the Solar charger though that have a big battery and a place to plug a USB in so you can charge things including your cell phone. Email me... vicki@cignot.com

That would be great, please let us know if the 510 PCC will work. By the way I now own 3 of your cignot SDs, its the perfect size for work and a quick vape!

Got my SD in today! Awesome vape for the size and price, this thing packs a punch! Great service all around from cignot too! Thanks!

Edit! a few technical specs:

Length with tank and mouthpeice attached : 4.8 inches (122 mm)
Battery length : 2.5 inches (65 mm)
tank+mouthpiece length : 2.4 inches (61 mm)
diameter : .36 inches (9.2 mm)

for those who are weird like me and enjoy knowing those kinds of things :p

Last edited:

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
Thank you for the specs!!! I am glad you like it.

Got my SD in today! Awesome vape for the size and price, this thing packs a punch! Great service all around from cignot too! Thanks!

Edit! a few technical specs:

Length with tank and mouthpeice attached : 4.8 inches (122 mm)
Battery length : 2.5 inches (65 mm)
tank+mouthpiece length : 2.4 inches (61 mm)
diameter : .36 inches (9.2 mm)

for those who are weird like me and enjoy knowing those kinds of things :p

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread