E-cigs Illegal in China now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snik

May 14, 2010
San Antonio, TX
From another forum:

"I heard that madvapes had a shipment seized by Chinese customs. Why would Chinese customs sieze a shipment? Any other suppliers had this happen? "

"Yes. Things are starting to get tough on both sides. (I don't think people realize how serious things are getting) We had a liquid shipment taken in Hong Kong recently. Electronic Cigarettes are not only just illegal in Hong Kong but now all of China. The Chinese government has placed a permanent ban on the selling or creation of electronic cigarettes country wide. "

There has been quite a bit of discussion on that forum about this. Do you guys have any input?

If this is true, I wonder just how long vaping is going to survive. I had no idea the fight was going on in China as well as here.

Snik

May 14, 2010
San Antonio, TX
.......s ...
Time to get some local manufacturing in place.

The same question was posed there. Here was the answer:

"Sorry for the delay.

China cannot bring their factories here, the FDA would shut them down in a heart beat! If it was that easy suppliers would have opened factories here months ago. The ONLY reason members are able to purchase an electronic cigarette is because they FDA at the moment has not laid down the major hammer yet. Suppliers use all types of tricks to bring product into the country. But once this lawsuit with the FDA and SE is over things could get really bad.

And for those of you asking yes almost every atomizer and electronic cigarette kit comes from China. How are they doing it? Well that's something only a few supplier know. It's much more complicated than you'd think.

Remember the delays that happened right before Chinese New Year? This wasn't because suppliers had a boost in sales it was because the factories in China didn't "pay up" They often need to pay off officials in order to make sure our product passes customs on the international side. Suppliers sometimes have to pay extra to make sure their shipment is released. This is the reason larger suppliers charge higher prices. [Larger shipments more likely to become sized] They're not trying to over price products it's harder for them to bring product in.

Believe me if this ever goes under I could write a book on the amount of crap that goes on behind the scenes all of which most members are oblivious of. Most suppliers don't want the members/customers to freak so we take on all the pressure and stress. As for the smaller suppliers they have yet to deal with the issues yet but much of this is starting to leak out.

I may write a blog and explain the process. It's not only interesting but an eye opener.

We also have the Expo going on in China this is causing problems as well."

I don't have enough posts here to post a link yet, but the thread is at vaportalk.com

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
No, they WERE invented in China..I dunno, maybe the Chinese government is infatuated with Cancer statistics too..:mad:

And THAT, my friends, is why I ran to purchase a Precise...:( I want to make SURE that, if something DOES happen, I can still vape. Provided they don't start blocking atties and 10440's that is....:nah:

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Gah, what is their reasoning behind this? Not that I buy the China products, but it seems like this is a perfect solution for a country where 3/4 of it's residents smoke.

If you're buying atomizers then you're buying Chinese products. Hell, if you're buying anything at Wal-mart you're buying Chinese. I don't think they make attys anywhere else.

spaky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2009
Making cement boots
Gah, what is their reasoning behind this? Not that I buy the China products, but it seems like this is a perfect solution for a country where 3/4 of it's residents smoke.
If you don't buy the China products, you must not vape. I'm almost positive that all atties and cartos are still made there. All batteries besides the mods are made there too.

RBS

Apr 27, 2010
Has to be a misunderstanding?

I found this at : vip-electronic-cigarette blog

Monday, 10 May 2010

China Will Bring In Public Smoking Ban by 2011

Smoking in indoor public areas including the workplace, public transport vehicles and some outdoor working spaces will be banned from January 2011, it has been reported.

The Ministry of Health (MOH), states the ban is in accordance with the requirement by the World Health Organization's Framework Convention on Tobacco Control. China began participating in the World Health Organization Convention in 2006, agreeing it would be in full compliance by 2011.

The smoking ban is hoped to reduce the number of smokers in China, estimated to be 300 million people. Smoking kills around 1 million Chinese a year.

A solution to the smoking ban in the UK is the electronic cigarette. The artificial electronic cigarette is a smoking alternative designed to look and taste like a real cigarette. It can be used anywhere in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland where tobacco smoking is banned. The electronic cigarette is excluded from the smoking ban law, Health Act.

Snik

May 14, 2010
San Antonio, TX
From a private message I got:

"that is a bunch of poo.
I can't post in new members thread because I am a supplier.
It was held by customs, I doubt it was confiscated.
For whatever reason they are holding the package, it is not illegal to manufacture these in China, or anywhere else for that matter. We could do it here if somebody had enough money.
It is the liquid that is potentially hazardous, not the e-cig."

I like this response better, although, to be perfectly candid, the responses I posted above were posted by the vapor talk founder, who is also a supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread