Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
Well, it was in really old models, they pretty much did a short dry burn, only since they did it withouth warning, they usually weren't dry :O

Cleaning them is not a waste of time, BTW. Without they may last 1-2 months, with a bit of cleaning (really not much) at least twice as much. Sounds good to me :D

deftdrummer1

Feb 8, 2010
paradise
Could you tell me what method you use to clean your atty's? I have done the hot water method and also 80% rubbing alcohol. Also doing a slight burn off after when it's clean until I just barely smell the "metal" smell. These methods don't seem to prolong life they seem good for eliminating previous eliquid residue but as far as atomizers go I get about a month's use with moderate to heavy vaping.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
I blow them out occasionally, when I notice they become slightly harder to draw. If that doesn't work, hot water bath and blowing them out very thoroughly. If they are still hard to draw, I put their bottom in vodka overnight. (I could of course put them in completely, but that uses up valuable vodka :D) Rubbing alcohol isn't good for the finish, it can give you neat steel coloured atties no matter what color they were before.
If they don't produce proper vape, I dry burn them long enough for them to go red hot after a second or two, which may take a bit. It also stinks, so put some clean PG into them, and blow it out after at least 10 minutes. Careful, this can kill atties, but by the time that becomes necessary, they should long be past one month of age - or you are using a particularly nasty liquid.

Atties also seem to last longer if used in rotation, seems they really like it when they can cool off completely once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread