My Atty Resurrection Method

Status
Not open for further replies.

e30ernest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Philippines
Nice thread! I cleaned my RBAs this way and they are performing great!

I'm now trying this to some old 510s that have been underperforming. The ones I have are 1.5 ohms. The crud seems pretty thick there since it's taking some time to actually get them to glow. However I noticed they started heating up my eGo battery. Is this normal?

Johnnysb

Moved On
Sep 25, 2013
San Jose, CA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Linkspammer

pnut599

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Michigan, USA
Ok, so I cleaned my atty's and most of them work great. I have 2 that are very stange. They are getting hot, but no vapor. Drip some more, no vapor again and again. Any ideas what could be happening here?

I read somewhere about someone pushing up something through the hole on the bottom. I didn't pay attention much as I didn't need that info at the time. Great question eh? Ignore this comment if it doesn't make sense. lol

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Ok, so I cleaned my atty's and most of them work great. I have 2 that are very stange. They are getting hot, but no vapor. Drip some more, no vapor again and again. Any ideas what could be happening here?
Sounds like they're flooded. Try blowing them out real good and then just dripping two or three drops.

pnut599

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Michigan, USA
I thought that too and tried again. Still very little vapor. Weird thing I noticed now is it's only getting warm not hot no matter what voltage or how long I hold the button. Could it be on it's way out? It's not that old. Maybe a month. It's a 510 can't remember what resistance, but another really strange thing. I just tested it and it's reading 9.3 lol that can't be good.

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
Hi folks - thought I'd post a little 'progress' I made lately using some 'clear EVOD tanks' from Vice's E-cigs online store...

I had an issue of them slightly leaking while being stored in a cigar box near my chair in our 5th wheel...

so I had some barely old T32 tanks I had bought off Fast Tech (the plastic cracked soon upon use and then leaked through the cracks - ie, don't bother buying that style!!) -
so, I removed the 'flat' silicon ring from the top of the base of the T32 clearomizers/tanks and washed them up and let them dry...
Then on my clear evods, I took the base off the tank, removed the atty head, and then removed the round silicon ring at the bottom of the base, then put on the flat silicon ring standing up (ie, not laying flat against the bottom of the groove at the base), then added the round silicon ring next to it.
I left the upper flat silicon ring in it's groove. I filled or refilled the tank, added back the atomizer head to the base and screwed the base to the tank top and tried them out - no difference in the vaping, but I've certainly seen a difference in the leaks over the last couple days in my box!!!! So, it worked!!! YEAH!! haha

Note: I had tried 2 round silicon rings - those were too fat for the groove; also tried a flat ring next to a round ring (didn't take off the round ring 1st, just added the flat ring next to it) and didn't like that set up - the flat ring stuck up higher than the round ring did...
and found my 3rd try of removing the round ring at the bottom, putting on the flat one 1st, then the round one - worked best!

So for all you evod lovers that have bought cheap ones from Fast Tech, or those of you who've found the clear evods on Vice's e-cig store, try this and I think you'll be quite happy with the results (for cheap!)...

Now, I have 10 more to do, so anyone who knows where to purchase about a dozen of these flat silicon washers, please let me know!!

NancyB

Last edited:

Johnnysb

Moved On
Sep 25, 2013
San Jose, CA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Linkspammer

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
Thanks for the tips, Nancy! Not sure about those silicon washers though.

Well, glad you like the tip. I shared my success with Vice's e-cigs and she said she'd look into finding 'us' some flat silicon washers - so am patiently waiting (grin) for what she learns in her search.
I checked everywhere online and haven't found them yet (under 'flat silicon washers') - also I don't know their size, except the center hole is a 'wire gauge' name (0 or 00), but what country's wire gauge, I don't know - and whether the thickness and the outer diameter are measured in inches, mm's, cm's, etc. I'm also in the dark on.
Who said at 70 you're not still learning things? haha but it's all fun though, to find inexpensive things to make other inexpensive things work a bit better, right? So we can vape on and not worry about breaking the budget.
NancyB

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Quick question

Atty's arrive filled with fluid that must be removed before using. After cleaning my used Atty's (nice techniques by the way), do I have to add PG or something to keep them most if I'm not using them straight a way, or will they be all right just dry?

Whoever you got those attys from needs them back. And it's questionable whether you should accept a replacement

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Whoever you got those attys from needs them back. And it's questionable whether you should accept a replacement

I'm not sure I would agree with you on that, EBates. I have never heard of an atty arriving withOUT "primer fluid" on it. As DC2 posted, Rolygate has determined it's residual manufacturing cutting fluid. It simply needs to be cleaned out.

Reason

Mar 8, 2013
Riverton, Utah
Still playing around with this (no more popped attys yet) :)

Highping, do you find that darker juices (like tobacco flavors) clog up your attys faster? I have one juice in particular (Cool Mint from Vermont Vapor), that is mostly clear and I seem to be able to vape it almost forever without any build-up issues. Some of my darker tobacco flavors, however, produce diminished performance in just a day or two. I'm starting to think it's more of a coloring issue than a flavor one...
I agree the dark liquids do diminish the flavor and vapor more rapidly.

You just saved me a chunk of money and an untold amount of frustration. My Joyetech EGO was performing poorly and inconsistently, but now it is kicking .... again. Since my setup is stock Joye with the manual battery, the suggestions you offer in #51 were quite helpful; I just leaned on that button until the battery shut off, let off, and then leaned on it again, until the atty was cleaned. I did do the two cycles as described in the OP, and now the taste as well as the vapor production is great. Might I suggest folding the info in #51 into the OP, so other noobs like me (but maybe with shorter attention spans) have more chance of success?

At any rate, thanks.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Thank you so much for this!! I followed your video and it helped so much!. I no longer have that horrible burn taste and I think it work a lot better!
Thank you!:)
Sorry posted in wrong forum oops!
Well that was interesting.

A good dry burn will almost always remove the burnt taste from your atomizer.
So I thought you were on target with your first post.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread