dntknw.gif

Andria

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Rick, I got a 522 and then some slow refreshing around that time too - seemed to have been corrected quickly tho :)

Is anyone watching this Classy? Are we some times getting to big for the ECF server britches - so to speak - if/when too many members are trying to access at the same time? Seems to be a random, but recurring, kind of problem.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
It's related to our CDN static content distribution system and cross-domain requests handling, which is a way of distributing visitor requests for certain non-changing ECF content plus content supplied by others, without lags caused by network issues. In theory, anyway...

Because of a combination of vBulletin software code errors and implementation issues, it does not work faultlessly. For some people in some locations, there is a temporary network crash that means pages won't load without the locally-provided content. This is primarily a forum software error because the page requested should load the ECF content regardless of whatever else is requested; there is also a CDN error in order to cause the issue to arise in the first place.

So it's a chain error caused by at least two faults and only affects certain visitors occasionally. To fix it we'd need to move to more modern forum software (vBulletin is no longer properly maintained), and double our server cluster size so that all content can be hosted locally. It's a possibility, but not a priority, because the current system works OK for 99.99% of people, 99.99% of the time.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Seems to be choking in the last half hour. Page loads keep coming up with "database error" with an ECF logo (I think it's an ECF logo) and nothing else. After about three "database errors" I get this:

No cached version of this page is available.
Error 502 Ray ID: 1781bbb580ce01ef
Bad gateway

I broke ECF! :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread