DNA40 Hana clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
No thanks , i have very little confidence in cloned chips these days , way too inconsistent , but as predicted many will jump on that pre order bandwagon again despite being burned in the past and saying never again , it's as predictable as death and taxes.

Be prepared for a tsunami of DNA 40 clone threads where everyone can voice there dissatisfaction or why they haven't received it yet .

I would strongly recommend to wait this one out but who listens to me , i don't even listen to myself .

Have fun folks

rusirius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2014
DE
The strength of the DNA40 has little to do with its wattage

Exactly... I'm all about getting TONS of flavor... Which generally equates to tons of vapor... Which generally equates to high wattages! I normally didn't run much below 40W and usually stayed in the 40-50W range, some days running 60-70W and other times higher... BUT... I have to say... Since I've had the DNA40 and worked out some initial kinks, I haven't touched any of my other mods. I was the last person I'd ever had expected to be satisfied or happy with a 40W device, but there's just no getting around it... If they came out with a 60W or higher device with TP would I buy it? Sure... Do I feel like I just can't contain myself waiting for that day? Not at all... I can kick out some SERIOUS vapor with the right build on the DNA40. But the flavor? I've never experienced anything like it. No matter what you do it's juice... Nothing more nothing less... I don't have to pay attention as much... On a kanthal build running at say 70W? Better be blowing out for the first fraction of a second till those coils got hot... If you weren't you'd almost certainly taint the flavor with a little burnt taste... Draw? Keep it strong and steady... Don't let up or it's gonna get too warm and start tasting nasty... Getting towards the end now... Ok, estimate how much longer the draw is... Let off the fire button... Wait for the cool down... Ok now stop drawing... LOL.... Now? Now I just fire the button, draw when and how I want to draw and go on about my business... It truly is a beautiful thing...

The first night I had it I remember sitting on my couch with about 20 bottles of juice... I'd drip 5 or 6 drops, run it till the wicks were absolutely completely bone dry then drop 5 or 6 of the next juice... NEVER a bit of cross flavor, never a burnt taste... Just juice... Lots of different ones... And each and every one tasted cleaner and better than I had ever had before...

THAT is the strength of the DNA40... It stands on it's own regardless of it's power capabilities...

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx
Exactly... I'm all about getting TONS of flavor... Which generally equates to tons of vapor... Which generally equates to high wattages! I normally didn't run much below 40W and usually stayed in the 40-50W range, some days running 60-70W and other times higher... BUT... I have to say... Since I've had the DNA40 and worked out some initial kinks, I haven't touched any of my other mods. I was the last person I'd ever had expected to be satisfied or happy with a 40W device, but there's just no getting around it... If they came out with a 60W or higher device with TP would I buy it? Sure... Do I feel like I just can't contain myself waiting for that day? Not at all... I can kick out some SERIOUS vapor with the right build on the DNA40. But the flavor? I've never experienced anything like it. No matter what you do it's juice... Nothing more nothing less... I don't have to pay attention as much... On a kanthal build running at say 70W? Better be blowing out for the first fraction of a second till those coils got hot... If you weren't you'd almost certainly taint the flavor with a little burnt taste... Draw? Keep it strong and steady... Don't let up or it's gonna get too warm and start tasting nasty... Getting towards the end now... Ok, estimate how much longer the draw is... Let off the fire button... Wait for the cool down... Ok now stop drawing... LOL.... Now? Now I just fire the button, draw when and how I want to draw and go on about my business... It truly is a beautiful thing...

The first night I had it I remember sitting on my couch with about 20 bottles of juice... I'd drip 5 or 6 drops, run it till the wicks were absolutely completely bone dry then drop 5 or 6 of the next juice... NEVER a bit of cross flavor, never a burnt taste... Just juice... Lots of different ones... And each and every one tasted cleaner and better than I had ever had before...

THAT is the strength of the DNA40... It stands on it's own regardless of it's power capabilities...

I'm with u 100%! Same experience here... Loads of flavor I still can get that dense hot vape too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rusirius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2014
DE
What build do you use for a hot vape? I'm having trouble getting my warm enough

Warm isn't a problem... You're not going to get too "hot" though... Just because that's sort of the whole point, to keep the coils from getting too hot and burning your wick. As long as you stay below the char point for your wicking material you can control this with the temperature setting. The hotter you set the temp limit the warmer the vape is going to get. To an extent you can also control it with airflow. The less airflow you have the warmer it's going to be, but again it's limited due to the fact that it will only allow the coil to reach a certain temp. Be sure to pay attention to wicking. Just as an example, in a typical RDA the dryer those wicks get the cooler the vape will get, because there isn't as much vapor to carry away the heat. You want maximum wicking to get the warmest vape.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
What build do you use for a hot vape? I'm having trouble getting my warm enough
Warm/hot vape
I set the temp at around 450 as my baseline and drop the watts until it won't TP signal... its mellow.
Then I start inching the temp and watts up to where TP signal starts about 3 or 4 seconds into the draw (on a new coil) - as the coil gets broken in or even when its hot, TP will be more frequent like in chain vaping.

I would play around between 2mm, 2.5mm and 3mm to see if there's any difference but so far I've done both 2.5mm and 3mm with good results, and anywhere between .15 and .20 ohms single coils.
The resistance will usually go up a bit in time as well.
I don't mind changing coils every 2 or 3 days as needed as mine do tend to gunk up a bit after a couple days, if I'm lazy I may up the temp a bit if needed.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I ordered a clone 40 the same day the real ones came out, from a chinese site that was selling T8's... I got the T8 about a week ago, long after others got theirs from other sites.
They told me the clone was not ready and did I want 2 T8's ? lol.... NO

I'm still waiting.

site is EVKOO or something

edit: yeah same site as the link above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread