Status
Not open for further replies.

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
Effective immediately, all Registered Suppliers will be limited to two open threads in the Suppliers Forum at a time. Suppliers will also be given the ability to close their own threads. If a Registered Supplier has two open threads, they must close one of them before creating a new thread. This rule also extends to the subforums under this one.

There are hundreds of suppliers who must share this forum. Multiple threads for the same supplier tend to unfairly bump everyone else off the first few pages. It is hoped that this change will level the playing field for all suppliers.

All Registered Suppliers - please take the time to look over your threads in this forum and close all but two ASAP. Beginning this weekend, any supplier who has more than two open threads will be subject to having all but two closed by the moderators, so you may want to be proactive in doing this yourself, as the moderators may close one that you would rather have open. Registered Suppliers who disregard the two thread rule after today will have their threads closed. Those who continue not to follow this rule may face disciplinary action taken against their account.

Closing a thread is easily done. Once you open the thread, at the top of the first post you will see a link titled "Thread Tools". Under that link will be the option "Close Thread". Choose that option, then click the button marked "Perform Action". This can also be used to open a thread you may have closed accidentally.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

----------

This rule also extends to the subforums under this one.

I've been asked to clarify this statement.

This means that if a supplier has one open thread in the E Cigarette Suppliers Forum, and another open thread in one of it's subforums, that counts as the limit of two open threads. It does not mean that a supplier can have two open threads in this forum, and two open threads in one of the subforums.

----------

This only applies to supplier threads in the E Cigarette Supplier Forum (this forum) and its subforums, which are:

• Modder/Accessory Suppliers Forum
  • UK and Ireland Suppliers
  • Euro Suppliers
  • Canada Suppliers

----------

Addendum:
All Forum Suppliers (those with their own dedicated forum) are limited to one open thread in these forums, instead of the two allowed to Registered Suppliers. This change was made because Registered Suppliers only have these few forums to post their advertisements in, while Forum Suppliers have their own forum where they can post as much as they want.

----------

Addendum #2:
It seems some suppliers have been going against the spirit of the "open thread" rule by posting a thread, then immediately closing it, sometimes repeatedly. I will stress that this is not going to be allowed in any way. If I see it continuing, it may jeopardize your ability to post in this forum at all.

Last edited:

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
This rule also extends to the subforums under this one.

I've been asked to clarify this statement.

This means that if a supplier has one open thread in the E Cigarette Suppliers Forum, and another open thread in one of it's subforums, that counts as the limit of two open threads. It does not mean that a supplier can have two open threads in this forum, and two open threads in one of the subforums.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Closing a thread is easily done. Once you open the thread, at the top of the first post you will see a link titled "Thread Tools". Under that link will be the option "Close Thread". Choose that option, then click the button marked "Perform Action". This can also be used to open a thread you may have closed accidentally.

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
Angus how far back do we have to go 1 week 1 month 1 century ??

I would say go back a month or so. If you have quite a few that are older than that, contact a moderator to close them for you. It's a lot faster for us to do it, since we don't have to actually open a thread to close it.

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
So, we can only have 2 threads open in the whole forum, no matter what the section is? Even if those other open threads have nothing to do with any product we carry?
Thanks

This only applies to supplier threads in the E Cigarette Supplier Forum (this forum) and its subforums, which are:

• Modder/Accessory Suppliers Forum
  • UK and Ireland Suppliers
  • Euro Suppliers
  • Canada Suppliers

Last edited:

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
The close thread option does not appear for me. Is this due to my offline supplier status.

Actually, this had to do with the fact that whoever set you up as a Supplier didn't do so correctly in the forum software. This issue is now resolved. If you have any further problems, shoot me a PM.

Shining Wit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
North of England UK
www.flavourart.co.uk
Okay superstud sat there looking so inviting - what that's not you?
I have been looking for my threads but someone closed 'em all bar two, thanks luv!
Now here's a pertinent question, under the new regime a supplier can have up to 10 (?) associates posting on the forum I believe. If that is so, can each of them have two threads open, ie 20 threads for one supplier? I know, but it's a question that would have arisen sooner or later.

How d'you fancy being my secretary Angus?
blow-a-heart.gif

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
Now here's a pertinent question, under the new regime a supplier can have up to 10 (?) associates posting on the forum I believe. If that is so, can each of them have two threads open, ie 20 threads for one supplier?

I'm going to have to say no. Two open threads per company.

How d'you fancy being my secretary Angus?

You wouldn't want me as your secretary. I would most likely add a "secret ingredient" to your coffee every morning... :ohmy: :D

Shining Wit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
North of England UK
www.flavourart.co.uk
I'm going to have to say no. Two open threads per company.

Thank you x 20!

You wouldn't want me as your secretary. I would most likely add a "secret ingredient" to your coffee every morning... :ohmy: :D

I love my coffee creamed and I don't have a dictaphone,
he left me last month
omg-omg-oh-my-god-shock-smiley-emoticon-000702-large.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread