Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Seems like lots of folks here are getting a Nuppin' or two for their Reo(s). Thought it might be acceptable to have a thread to post your experiences with them, what works, what doesn't for your needs.

I have one, but have not got around to building for it yet. Plan to use a RxW dual for the first build though.

If not OK Rob please just delete.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I got mine a couple days but my grands are in Maine for milling. So all I've been able to do is drip in it. :glare: It's my first dual coil atty, I've been using RM2s. I put two coils in it but took them out and did a single configuration. I don't know yet if I'm going to prefer dual or not. I just figured out how to turn the air holes for single coil. I can't wait to try it on the grands!

Here's the link for anyone interested.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
I've got three and love them. Running two in Single coil mode and one dual coil.

They've got a small deck and air chamber coming in at 14mm wide, The top cap and AFC ring make them 18mm, so you'll need a LP Reo to run one. The design of the negative wire capture means there is tons of room to build with. It's got a flat deck with a small well around the center post, drain hole is lower than the deck and a good size so it feeds and drains well.

The air holes are higher off the deck than most allowing more air flow under and around the coil. If I use the same coil as my Chalice, Divo or Cyclone it hits harder in this beast. I believe because of the air flow. It comes with a SS AFC ring and you can get copper or brass ring as additions.

Does it beat my Chalice for flavor and smoothness, no but it comes closer than any other and cost half as much. Maybe after tweaking I can get it even closer.

IMAG2178-L.jpg

IMAG2181-L.jpg

On a mini

IMAG2180-L.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Spydro

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
What is BFR ? Body Fat Ratio :confused:

Me not paying close enough attention. :oops:

BFR = Bigflyrodder, when I should have just replied direct to the person who asked the price RGLP4Lyfe. Have no excuse... except that I haven't had any sleep for 2+ days and very little all week. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
What is BFR ? Body Fat Ratio :confused:

Hey...I resemble that remark...lol.

I think I paid $91 inlcuding shipping for the Nuppin' with standard AFC ring. I think if you send PDib a PM with your deets he will sell you one but rumor is they are going fast with no guarantee that there will ever be a second run. They could turn out to be the new Chalice.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
This response is not meant to offend anyone here and if I have offended you, I apologize in advance...

I received my Nuppin' yesterday morning and had it coiled up and vaping in about 20min or so. It is a little different to coil, but not that difficult. To me it doesn't vape like a smaller diameter atty at all. I think it has better air flow than the Odin't I have been vaping, but flavor isn't as good, yet... I am sure that is just the coil's I have in it. I think my first try was just a tad low and aren't quite even with the air flow. My coils are also very horizontal where as in all my other atty's they are slanted slightly because I use RxW in all my atty's. I will probably rebuild it in a few days and make the minor adjustments and get it completely dialed in... The vape has gotten better in the last 24hrs though. I am thinking of ordering a 2nd one now... Not that I have enough atty's already, but I have a Doge and a Mephisto due to show up this week also...

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Me not paying close enough attention. :oops:

BFR = Bigflyrodder, when I should have just replied direct to the person who asked the price RGLP4Lyfe. Have no excuse... except that I haven't had any sleep for 2+ days and very little all week. :facepalm:

I was thinkin' "Not Bottom Feed Ready" - and that would be just wrong.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Guess I'll be the materialistic .... here but... There just isn't anything sexy looking about the Nuppin. Coming from pdib and those gorgeous Sumpins I would have expected the cap to have stylish machining.
Meh...maybe that's just me ,

This response is not meant to offend anyone here and if I have offended you, I apologize in advance...

That is just too funny... You are correct about the looks, but I could really care less what the atty looks like...it's how it works under the hood that's important to me!! So far it is working well and I think when I get the coils tweaked a little bit, it will work really well. I have noticed a flavor change already in the last 24hrs... He does have brass and copper AFC rings and a fellow REOnaut is working on some patina'd rings for them...

Kentastic

Not Batman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Central Californication
Guess I'll be the materialistic .... here but... There just isn't anything sexy looking about the Nuppin. Coming from pdib and those gorgeous Sumpins I would have expected the cap to have stylish machining.
Meh...maybe that's just me ,

I thought the same thing, but for me it's function over form. One of the best performing bottom feeder atties I've ever used. A little weird to build on at first, but it sure works wonderfully.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I can't open the link that donnah posted for some reason. I've been looking at FB's pics of the Nuppin but I'm not able to decipher how the coil is mounted on it. It looks like the negative lead is going down into the center of the well next to the post?

It's different! The lead does go down in a hole and tightened down with a little allen wrench on the side. I love it's simplicity. .the clean lines..it's classy looking. And that's sexy to me :p

I tried the link..it's working for me :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread