Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
Alas!
Here is my Nico-Drip 5 Volt version e-liquid injected modified vaporizer. :)

The 3.7 volt Nico-Drip with it's how-to pictures and rather humorous discussion can be found here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/81696-my-madvapes-nico-drip-v2.html

And the Complete and compact Nico-Drip V2 "how-to" pictures can be found on this wonderful website ECF member Sci created:
Dream & Chains Presents

This is a 5 volt "juice box" mod made with a 3 "AA" battery box... so it is the same size as the Nico-Drip V2. It has a slow color changing LED that is always on as long as the master on/off switch is on. It uses protected 14500 rechargeable batteries. The nicotine liquid is injected into the atomizer by a slight squeeze on the 3ml bottle inside.

Created this one for my brother, Connman, to have since he vapes mostly 5 volts and mods of his own. The shiny paintjob was my attempt to entice him away from his huge stash of fascinating mods that he creates himself..... and... to try one of mine. :sneaky:

Now we can discuss the pros and conns and get a review of my Nico-Drip mods... by a modder himself! :toast:

Jeff Gordon...... Nascar #24......... it appears to have worked so far.... :thumb:

Nico-Drip5v-1.jpg

Nico-Drip5v-2.jpg

Nico-Drip5v-insidefnt.jpg

As I stated elsewhere..... my apologies..... my soldering looks like British Petroleum did it. :oops:

Nico-Drip5v-parts.jpg

The other thing to keep in mind on this mod...... it has more potential than just being a 5 volt....... for folks like myself who enjoy the regular 3.7 volt.... the batteries could be connected in parallel.... giving the mod a very long time before recharging.

As discussed in this thead:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/madvapes/85037-first-diy-mod.html

This mod is in it's testing phase and really wasn't intended to be perfect just yet..... gotta find out how well it holds up first!

Any ideas or suggestions.... please share!

Nico-Drip5v-topdtip.jpg

Liquid injected mods? Too convenient, time saving, worry free... and, in my opinion, the only way to vape!

Connman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
North Florida, USA
5 Volt Now this is one slick looking mod and really seems to be working well. The paint job is well the best nascar driver out there`s number. :w00t: Awesome

Now all I need is some Nascar tickets to really show it off. :sneaky:

All and a backup so to speak or actually one to use while I look at this one. Now I understand a little more why some members would have more then one of any mod.
So far no trouble what so ever but can it hang with the Connman we shall see. :thumbs:

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

MisterD has a good eye for detail!

That is one of the "A" type dripper tips in the bottom picture from Heavens Gifts.

Drip tips - Wholesale & Retail Best E-smoking Supplier

They are very nice for having on a juice fed system because they actually make it less prone for the user to flood it as the narrow part of the dripper-tip only allows so much liquid through it until it backs up... then.... as the user releases their squeeze on the bottle... the excess liquid gets sucked back into the bottle. It also creates a nice little sucky sound to let you know the juice was fed plenty.

And I did mod a regular 510 atomizer battery connector with an idea that Connman brought to me once by using one of these:

attyfitting.jpg

Now I'd just like to find something to fit the brass tubing adapter like that.

It dawned on me last night when I posted this how accidentally ingenious it was for me to give a mod to modder to try out and test....... you see..... this way if something is not apropriate or something goes wrong with it...... I'll simply tell Connman, "Hmm, well... fix it!"

:lol:

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Very nice indeed, and the solder is nice and shiny, so plentiful is just added security. I missed the brass ring on the connector this morning, excellent find! Atty ooze is not to be taken lightly. Also, it's nice to see that the regulator and micro switch fit nicely in the space of a larger switch. Does the breadboard placement help to keep the batteries in place or the bottle? If you push on the bottle (not pinch) does it deliver nicely? As always, splendid work.

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
I like the look of this. I was going to be attempting to make a 5v juice feeder for my dad, since he can't work the tools due to arthritis, and I wasn't sure if I could fit 2 batteries, regulator, and bottle all in one box.

Good to know it's do-able. Thanks.

For someone with arthritis you may want to use a 4 "AA" battery box with a larger switch... like a horn style switch? If done with the switch in the corner, like I did in the Nico-Drip V2, and what I've come to think of as the "mahmba cut" access to squeezing the bottle. The whole thing is so ergonomic and comfortable... it's amazing.

Although a 4 "AA" battery box is a bit longer..... it may not be so bad for a mans hand which is usually larger.

Here is how I fit everything in a 3 "AA" battery box:

Nico-Drip5v-insideparts.jpg

I'll try to get a picture up later of a side by side comparison of boxes.

Last edited:

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
How long does it take to build one? That is a good question! Although I built a sloppy protoype a couple weeks ago with the LDO protruding and stuff... I still had to figure things out in this one as I built it. In other words..... I have no idea. A long time though. This may very well be the only beast of it's kind...... ever! LoL! (well, until chinese manufacturer copy)

I do have a pink box designed like this already though because I was going to make one for myself. Just need to fill in the electrical parts. With a good new soldering iron... I will build!

Although..... I'm not crazy about the hot vapor from a 5 volt. And the low resistance atomizer I've been using on my Nico-Drip V2 has me in perfect harmony at the moment.

and Stormi and Asdaq are right. I did the atty mod to help direct any overflow liquid out and away for easy wipe off. I mentioned wanting to figure out an atty frame to my brother last month and he came out of his mod stash with what you see in the pic.

I also made a hole slightly smaller than it in the box... then used my melting iron to melt it in for a completely snug fit. Wish I had taken pics of that.

For those who do not know..... juice fed mods can flood until the user gets the hang of things. If the bottle is squeezed for too long... the liquid will flood the atomizer. Once an atomizer is flooded.... the liquid runs down through it and out the four vent slots on the bottom of the atomizer. (or through the bottom of the atty connector if it has not been sealed.)

(snip)

Does the breadboard placement help to keep the batteries in place or the bottle? If you push on the bottle (not pinch) does it deliver nicely? As always, splendid work.

Pushing on the bottle with the side of the thumb is why the "mahmba cut" is so beautiful and easy. Tinear was the first I saw in his mAhmba mod to design one like that and it's pure genius! (YouTube mAhmba for his videos and demo)

The breadboard (aka: veroboard, stripboard, pcb) is supported by the batteries as the user squeezes the bottle. Yet... even without the batteries, the board is strong enough to take the slight squeezing that is required for the bottle to inject e-liquid up the tubing.

Connman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
North Florida, USA
storminyte I`m starting to see the way. Juice feeder this and juice feeder that. This is not looking good. My mods where so easy without this juice feeder need. Now I`m stumped on what to do. my mod days are going to become more difficult I fear.

This thing has been rather very simple to operate so far no flooding and the juice feed really has been great. I did almost pull the cart off for a refill once though out of habit. I always kept the cart pretty topped off before on my 5 volt so The juice tube snapped me out of that pretty fast though. Now to rig this baby up on a neck rope and I`ll be set for a day out.

Thank you sister.

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
storminyte I`m starting to see the way. Juice feeder this and juice feeder that. This is not looking good. My mods where so easy without this juice feeder need. Now I`m stumped on what to do. my mod days are going to become more difficult I fear.

This thing has been rather very simple to operate so far no flooding and the juice feed really has been great. I did almost pull the cart off for a refill once though out of habit. I always kept the cart pretty topped off before on my 5 volt so The juice tube snapped me out of that pretty fast though. Now to rig this baby up on a neck rope and I`ll be set for a day out.

Thank you sister.
my sister cant make anything like this but she make the best spaghetti all'amatriciana you would never dream of :p
dont you guys wanna adopt a brother? :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread