Best 510 Cartos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale.s

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Houston, Tx
Well ive got hooked on the 510 cartos! Ive been using kr808's for over 6 months from cigeasy, i recently got the 510 cartos they have and im hooked! They have all the benefits of the kr808s, with the easy draw of the 510 that i love!
Now i just got my bonus check from work so its time to stock up on the best 510 cartos i can get!

Ive seen premium 510 cartos, Turbo 510 cartos, silver thread and bronze thread cartos, seems there are as many cartos as there are ecigs now!

Who has the best 510 carto atm?

RedAlert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2010
NJ
out of curiosity, are they the same diameter as regular 510 cartos?

I just got my order from Drew not an hour ago and picked up a box of these to see what the difference is. They are exactly the same thing as every 510 carto I've tried. They are the aluminum connector type. They do work great none the less

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY
I just got my order from Drew not an hour ago and picked up a box of these to see what the difference is. They are exactly the same thing as every 510 carto I've tried. They are the aluminum connector type. They do work great none the less
Are you saying they are not bigger at all in anyway? Are they longer?:blink:

Dale.s

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Houston, Tx
Well I took your sugestions and got a bunch of goodies from nhaler. Some drip tips, prefilled cartos, blank stainless cartos. Also had to order a pack of the lr cartos y'all mentioned! I'll be sure to let everybody know how they are!

The drip tips are for use on the ego, 510 cartos are just too short to use on the ego with the cone, thought a drip tip would give the little extra length needed to make them work.

Dale.s

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Houston, Tx
MrGreen said:
instead of a carto, I just dedicate a atty to one cartridge and one flavor. A different atty and cart for each flavor is the same effect as a carto but with better vapor and longer lasting. Plus you can refill it easier and more times than a carto.
The main reason I love cartos (apart from great vapor and flavor) is the capacity, regular and mega 510 carts last me 20-30mins, a carto lasts 3-4hours. I do a lot of work outside on tractors And such so constant refilling of a cart is a total pain!

Dale.s

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Houston, Tx
The LR Cartos just arrived!

First impressions:
Brass conector
Filler looks denser then im used to
Tube on the inside is not a round tube, looks like folded plastic
Soft rubber cap, with the silicon o-ring under

Filled it up with my blackberry juice, and WOW, even better then the LR 510's!
Now to see how long a fill lasts, i doubt itll be the 3-4 hours i get with regular ones, so much vapor!

FAUXPUFF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2008
Ya, the ones with the brass connectors are the SLB's I believe...
Got some in Saturday. At first I was sure I had found my vaping Nirvana!
SO MUCH VAPOR! MONSTER VAPOR! I MEAN MORE VAPOR THAN I COULD HANDLE!

Now, the bad:

The SLB's GUZZLE liquid! I was sure I must have dumped 5ml into that thing in 8 hours!
Never managed to overfill it. Seemed like it was empty after 10-12 drags...
With the Boge's, I drip 3-4 drops in every hour or so, the SLB's took easily five times that.

The SLB's that I got turned funky and slightly burned tasting in less than a day, and that was me keeping them very wet at all times. They truly are designed to be disposable. You vape your 25 drops and you're pretty much done...

So, I'll be going back to the aluminum connector ones. Less vapor, but more flavor, and you can easily get five days out of one before you have to boil it...

Just my $0.02

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
Evidently, the 510 Mega cartomizers from Drew vary from time to time. The ones I received 3 weeks ago are the aluminum type and measure about 3.0 ohm resistance. I notice the ones on his site now are 3.4.

These carts are about the same physical size as a regular one. Actually, mine have a wee bit smaller diameter. I say that, because the plastic tips on my other ones will not quite fit in the tube of a mega. The aluminum threads are not completely free running like my other carts, and it is necessary to twist them a bit firmer to get them to seat all the way down on the battery.

The mega cart holds more juice because it has more filler inside. In other words, there is less unused space inside. If you look through the small tube in the center of the filler, you will see light all the way through the cart, thus giving them a nice, easy draw. However, the small tube in one of mine was off center and somewhat restricted. I managed to get it centered and cleared out, so now it is working ok.

I have not cleaned any of mine out yet. Maybe I should. I rotate to a different refilled one each time I charge a battery, so none of them have had a chance to go dry. Then too, I try not to crowd them too much during use, so as to give the filler enough time to wick.

All in all, I have had fairly good results with cartomizers. I have been using them for four months and had to learn my lessons the hard way about burning the filler beyond use. Fortunately, I do not require tons and tons of vapor and a tremendous TH to satisfy me, and the carts are good enough to do the job.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread