REOs Mods - Helpful Links to Get You Started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Campbell River, BC, Canada
Lisa,
I wonder if you could delete the info in the OP and replace it with this updated info below please? :)

Chances are you are either thinking about purchasing your first REO, or you recently received yours and would like to find all the basic information to get yourself started without searching the 1000’s of threads here in the forum. I have compiled some important links that should help you down the path:

Note that all new REO models now contain the sub ohm / upgraded / high output contacts and heat resistant button.

There are several different models of REOs currently available (as of 5/20/2014). Below is a link to each in the REOsmods website that provides model specific information and dimensions to help you decide:

The REO Mini 2.1 http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=36&Itemid=3
The REO Grand Reo Grand.

There are variants to these models:
LP = Low Profile. This is a mod where the catchcup is milled shallower than the standard mod. It is intended for users who only use Rebuildable Atomizers. If you use or are considering using cartomizers or factory atomizers, the standard mod is a better choice for you.
SL = Super Light. These mods have a symmetrical pattern of slots drilled in the doors and bodies to reduce weight and provide for a “see thru” visual appeal. Here's a picture so you get the idea:
EQ2wOK8.jpg

Each REO has its unique characteristics, but all of them share the same durable, high quality materials and construction, form factor, craftsmanship and will provide you with the highest quality vape.

REO Grand Review: REO Grand review - YouTube

Here is a link to a thread with many pictures and comparisons to familiar objects. One thing to note, all models generally appear larger in pictures than they are in your hand. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...photos-reo-descriptions-comparisons-more.html

Here is a link to the most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/434262-reo-frequently-asked-questions.html

When you are ready to purchase, this link will take you directly to the page to begin your selection: http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?op...mart&Itemid=11

BATTERIES
Links for the recommended AW IMR Batteries for each specific model:
Note: if you plug in this coupon code at the RTD vapor site, you'll get 5% off: ECF5

The REO Mini 2.1 – (Requires 1 battery) AW IMR 18490 3.7v 1100mAh - Batteries
The REO Grand – (Requires 1 battery) AW IMR 18650 3.7v 1600mAh - Batteries

CHARGERS
This Charger will charge any of the batteries listed above: http://rtdvapor.com/index.php/battery-chargers/nitecore-intellicharger-i4.html
For a less expensive but excellent charger: Xtar WP2 II - Battery Chargers

HEATERS (Rebuildable Atomizers, Factory Atomizers, Cartomizers) Links to the most popular items:

Rebuildable Atomizer (RBA) – The RM2, Reomizer 2.0, RBA 2.0, IGO-S and supplies http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?op...id=32&Itemid=3

Cartomizers (Many users like the mini single coil 1.7 ohm) - http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?p...category_id=20&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3

POPULAR REBUILDABLE ATOMIZER VIDEOS, HELP & INTEREST THREADS

Rebuildable Atomizer Basics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzKAz7gojEA

Easy RM2 Silica Build - reomizer 2.0 - YouTube

Easy RM2 Cotton Build Photo Tutorial - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/413000-rm2-rba-2-0-reomizer-2-rebuild-tutorial.html

Easy RM2 Cotton Build Video Tutorial - http://youtu.be/q8FyL2CTd-k

IGO-S / Cyclone Cotton & Micro Coil Build - Cyclone / IGO-S Micro coil Rebuild Tutorial - YouTube

Micro coils 101 - part 1 making the coil - http://youtu.be/rua_l_IpBWk

Micro coils 101 - part 2 mounting the coil - http://youtu.be/Z0NuH93KvtY

Micro coils 101 - part 3 wicking - http://youtu.be/OQt8-EbWTZg

Micro Coil - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/389074-micro-coil-rba-your-reo.html

Micro Coil - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...271-micro-coils-increase-vapor-flavor-th.html

Reo compatible RBAs - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/8548204-post.html

Ohms & User Preferences: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/446263-micro-coils-ohms-description.html

Additional Rebuildable Atomizer Supply Links:
Cotton - Koh Gen Do Japanese Organic Cotton - Pure Cotton - Koh Gen Do | Sephora

Wire - Resistance Wire

Ohm Meter for RBA's, cartos, Atomizers - Atomizer ohm meter

Hey bro, it didn't take me long to discover who the Reo guy was on EFC, thanks for this post it has been very informative. Just to let you know a couple of the links no longer connect to anything. I have been vaping for a year+ now! my setup is basic, Mini Protank 2 with a Spinner 2, given me no problems and except for the stock coils, I will be rebuilding those with my new Cigamagic and 30 gauge Kanthol when it arrives. Mac, Cig and many others have educated myself and many others on the t.m.c., wicking it with Japanese cotton. When I get that down I want to try a RDA, been doing some research and the Reo Grand LP stands out above all others.

I have watched reviews, yours included and have not found a single poor review, so maybe a black base with a red door. Also I don't know that much about RDA's, but I caught a vid review of yours on the Odin, you seemed to like it a lot, don't you have 4 now? Anyway started checking and again no bad reviews, in fact one reviewer took a couple of pulls and you could read his reaction from his facial expression ( a huge grin) he loved it, apparently he had never used it before the review. Maybe you should give everyone an update including your Odin.

Been giving this some thought also, when I get everything together and am comfortable with the rebuilding and my new Reo, I think I will review all of the gear I love on YouTube, I certainly know how to shoot and edit, been doing it for 30 years, but never in front of the camera LOL, could be fun.

Thanks again Russ

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Hey bro, it didn't take me long to discover who the Reo guy was on EFC, thanks for this post it has been very informative. Just to let you know a couple of the links no longer connect to anything. I have been vaping for a year+ now! my setup is basic, Mini Protank 2 with a Spinner 2, given me no problems and except for the stock coils, I will be rebuilding those with my new Cigamagic and 30 gauge Kanthol when it arrives. Mac, Cig and many others have educated myself and many others on the t.m.c., wicking it with Japanese cotton. When I get that down I want to try a RDA, been doing some research and the Reo Grand LP stands out above all others.

I have watched reviews, yours included and have not found a single poor review, so maybe a black base with a red door. Also I don't know that much about RDA's, but I caught a vid review of yours on the Odin, you seemed to like it a lot, don't you have 4 now? Anyway started checking and again no bad reviews, in fact one reviewer took a couple of pulls and you could read his reaction from his facial expression ( a huge grin) he loved it, apparently he had never used it before the review. Maybe you should give everyone an update including your Odin.

Been giving this some thought also, when I get everything together and am comfortable with the rebuilding and my new Reo, I think I will review all of the gear I love on YouTube, I certainly know how to shoot and edit, been doing it for 30 years, but never in front of the camera LOL, could be fun.

Thanks again Russ

Thank you Dan! I will state that almost everything I know about REO's I learned from those who forged the way long before me. I'm just the goofball with the camera and at times, too much time on my hands :)

yes, some of those links will need updating, especially with the pending release of the updated 510 connector, possible Resin Mods and new AW IMR batteries. I would also like to update / add some video links now that you mention it.

The Odin is an excellent atomizer, particularly if dual coil lung hitting is your deal. It was my first 22mm RDA turned bottom feeder. I really love it, not only for its vape quality, but also for its robust construction and ease of build. The RM6 is another atty that is very similar and is also readily obtainable from REOsmods. I thought that the RM4, 5 and 6 were all fine attys for anyone looking to endeavor into the world of bigger bore attys. The RM2 would be a great starting point for single coil bottom fed attys (and very well may be your ending point) not only for its user friendliness but it's an excellent vape too.

I have now began to cotton to the nuppin atty but it is sold out. If I never tried a nuppin, I would be running my Odins very contentedly and my RM6 and likely be messing around with my RM4 & 5 too. Basically it is all user preference and availability and what puts one atty over the top for one person may be the achillies heel for another.

Yes, the LP grand is the way to jump in my man. I look forward to seeing you rocking one soon. Fire away with any questions you may have and thanks again for the props bro.

Russ

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Russ, just a couple of questions, what is the highest resistance you can build on a RM2, thinking about the 1.8 range, is that to high? Does the Reo use more juice than my MPT2 would at the same resistance. I am not really a cloud chaser but still like a good amount of vapor.

Dan, you can build at as high a resistance as you like. 1.8 is perfect. I vaped at that and similar resistances for a good long time.

You should use the same amount of juice, but many REO users tend to go thru more juice cause the vape is so satisfying that it's hard to put down :)

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Dan, you can build at as high a resistance as you like. 1.8 is perfect. I vaped at that and similar resistances for a good long time.

You should use the same amount of juice, but many REO users tend to go thru more juice cause the vape is so satisfying that it's hard to put down :)

Thanks Russ, you are definitely the MAN! Just watched the video where you showed the new Reo Rob sent you. I don't think you should be to surprised though, you are after all the unofficial Reo instructor/ambassador. How many Reo vids have you done, Rob even uses your videos on his wed site.:toast:

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Really appreciate you videos! Am hoping one day to be able to get a Reo. Will take awhile though. I was wondering what you thought about Zenith v2 attys. Have you used them at all, and especially with a Reo. I'm looking at maybe getting a couple clones in prep for one day getting a Reo. I know an original would probably be better, but that's just not possible at this time.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Really appreciate you videos! Am hoping one day to be able to get a Reo. Will take awhile though. I was wondering what you thought about Zenith v2 attys. Have you used them at all, and especially with a Reo. I'm looking at maybe getting a couple clones in prep for one day getting a Reo. I know an original would probably be better, but that's just not possible at this time.

Hey Deb! No I don't think over used a zenith atty (unless a REOmizer 5 or 6 are one) so I don't have any experience with it. But I will say that pretty much with an LP REO, you can screw on just about any RDA that has been modded to bottom feed and if you liked it in dripper form, you'll love it in bottom fed form.

Catfish Atty mods (you can search up his thread on ECF) can / does mod attys to bottomed. He is chowderhead72 or 70 something. You should be able to find him on here. Many satisfied users of his products vape amongst us :)

Thank you for the props on my vids :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Thanks Russ, you are definitely the MAN! Just watched the video where you showed the new Reo Rob sent you. I don't think you should be to surprised though, you are after all the unofficial Reo instructor/ambassador. How many Reo vids have you done, Rob even uses your videos on his wed site.:toast:

Thank you Dan. Nearly all I've learned I've learned from fellow REOnauts. I just happen to be the tool with a camera and sometimes a little too much free time. But the subject matter - REOsmods and Killer BF attys is awesome :)

Yes, it's good to be me. Having friends like Rob has its advantages :).

Reactions: DoubleDZA

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Hey Bro, just puttering around the house doing all the small stuff I can never get around to watching or rather listening to your latest video extravaganza, man can you talk lol, anyway checked out Mr Robs profile and we have the same birthday, January 30, so don't forget to wish us both a happy birthday when you do your next vid:toast: I was almost sure about getting a Reo Grand but that tipped the balance for me don't know why it just did.

Keep Rockin on your videos.

Last edited:

Fuzzy Bruce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Fort Liquordale, Fl.
I was wondering what you thought about Zenith v2 attys. Have you used them at all, and especially with a Reo. I'm looking at maybe getting a couple clones in prep for one day getting a Reo. I know an original would probably be better, but that's just not possible at this time.

I am not Russ but I have and do use the Zenith V2 clone. If not the same as the Reomizer 5, it is a very close copy. I usually have three Reo Grands up when home and almost always have the Zenith on one of them. Dual coil at 0.7 ohms right now with the air control close about a quarter of the way.Flavor with decent clouds.The other LP grand usually rocks the RM6 and the regular Grand usually has the cyclone with a dual coil or the Rm 2 with a single.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Hey Bro, just puttering around the house doing all the small stuff I can never get around to watching or rather listening to your latest video extravaganza, man can you talk lol, anyway checked out Mr Robs profile and we have the same birthday, January 30, so don't forget to wish us both a happy birthday when you do your next vid:toast: I was almost sure about getting a Reo Grand but that tipped the balance for me don't know why it just did.

Keep Rockin on your videos.

Happy early birthday to you (and Rob). I'm sure there will be threads for him to remind me.......but wanna wish you one now!!

I am not Russ but I have and do use the Zenith V2 clone. If not the same as the Reomizer 5, it is a very close copy. I usually have three Reo Grands up when home and almost always have the Zenith on one of them. Dual coil at 0.7 ohms right now with the air control close about a quarter of the way.Flavor with decent clouds.The other LP grand usually rocks the RM6 and the regular Grand usually has the cyclone with a dual coil or the Rm 2 with a single.

Thanks!! Hoping to get these ordered tomorrow if son and I can get paypal issues worked out.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Russ, another question, and I can't find the appropriate thread for it. The vid you did where you answered questions, you showed the big plastic bottle that you mix your unflavored juice in. Was that just a regular ol cheapie bottle you can get anywhere, maybe like chefs use for oils etc? Or a particular type of plastic? I imagine that it would be flavors that you'd have to be more concerned about with plastics than just the pg/vg, but wanted to make sure. Thanks. Another step closer on my road to Reo! Got two cheapy bf atties in today. Next step is DIY.

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Russ, another question, and I can't find the appropriate thread for it. The vid you did where you answered questions, you showed the big plastic bottle that you mix your unflavored juice in. Was that just a regular ol cheapie bottle you can get anywhere, maybe like chefs use for oils etc? Or a particular type of plastic? I imagine that it would be flavors that you'd have to be more concerned about with plastics than just the pg/vg, but wanted to make sure. Thanks. Another step closer on my road to Reo! Got two cheapy bf atties in today. Next step is DIY.

I am going to be getting the same bottle, he is using a different one now, but he got both bottles at Bed Bath and Beyond. The small bottles he uses to store his Nic base he got them there also.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I am going to be getting the same bottle, he is using a different one now, but he got both bottles at Bed Bath and Beyond. The small bottles he uses to store his Nic base he got them there also.

Thanks Dan. I'll check those out. I had gotten a 4 pack at Sam's for like 5.00 that chefs use to put oils etc in on the line, so wondered if those would work ok.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Just saw your equipment needed video, great idea! One question, you recommend the 1600 mah, why not the 2200, are there any issues with the 2200?

I like the 2200 I usually start the day with one and there is one in my battery case as a travel backup but then swap it around lunch time for a 1600 then again after dinner for a 1600.

the 1600 and 2200 are 24a and 20a respectively, but I *perceive* that the 1600 hits a little harder a little longer. Heck, I'm pulling batteries at 3.9 most of the time anymore :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com

Yes I have one from BB&B and recently got one with a built in cap from Walmart. I mix roughly 30 days worth in those bottles. Bulk nic stays in glass until ready to dilute.

Not sure about flavors though cause I avoid em like I avoid letting my truck run out of gas :)

Don't forget to Teflon tape the threads :)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
gonna be starting DIY as soon as I get the stuff. I really hope I can enjoy unflavored, cuz all the flavors I enjoy the most seem to be the worst! same with food. lol thanks for the tip bout the teflon tape. Have some, but wouldn't have thought to use it. Til it leaked on me. I can't stand leaking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread