Nicotine level question

Status
Not open for further replies.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I have a question that I have tried to answer myself by reading as many posts here that I can digest, as well as searching the Internet in general.

Now I know that mixing a juice with 21mg of nicotine with an unflavored juice that contains 0mg of nicotine will result in a juice with less than 21mg of nicotine. According to what I have read here, and other research I have done, mixing a juice with say a 21mg nic content with another juice of say a 10mg nic content (let's just hypothesize equal parts, both juices having the same PG/VG ratio) would result in an end-result juice with lower than 21mg nic, but higher than 10mg nic. That just doesn't sound right to me. I thought that procedure would result in an end product juice with a higher than 21mg nic content. Now I've also read that it is much easier to lower, rather than raise the nic content. Is adding a pure nic liquid to another juice the only, or correct way to increase a nic level?

I realize a simple resolution would be to just buy a juice with a higher nic level, this question is to simply increase my knowledge.

Thanks for any help with this.

Markill

ECF Veteran
    Aug 24, 2014
    Connecticut
    I'll use saltwater as an example. If you have 1 cup of water with 1/4 of a cup of salt in it, and 1 cup of water with 1/2 a cup of salt in it, if you were to mix them together, you'd have 2 cups of water with 3/4 cup of salt. That would be equivalent to 3/8 cups salt to 1 cup water: in between the two original cups. If you mix 2 equal amounts of eliquid, the nicotine content of the final product will be the average of the two bottles of liquid. For example: 15ml of 6mg, and 15ml of 18mg, would combine to make 30ml of 12mg.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    You aren't just adding nic with nic equals... more nic. You are also adding the base VG or PG and the flavorings together as well. It's the sum of all the parts, not just adding nic together. The thing you left out of your view point is: how many ml's of each liquid are you combining together? In other words: combine 10 ml's of your 10 mg/ml liquid with 10 ml's of your 20 mg/ml liquid - you now have a total of 20 ml's of liquid with a nic content of 15 mg/ml.. You didn't just pull the nic out of one bottle and leave everything else behind.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Thanks Markill and Rickajho for both of your explanations. This is just stuff that I'm trying to get thru my thick skull, so when people ask me questions (and a few of my friends seem to getting interested in this whole thing) I want to be able to provide a good answer. I'm glad nobody has asked me this particular question yet.. :oops:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    North Carolina
    Here is a great calculator that may help. I use it when combining liquids and it tells me what nic level the new combination will be. Hope it helps.

DIY E-Liquid Combining Calculator
    JC_link.gif

Have fun.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread