Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Yesterday the hubby and I started watching the Netflix original Bloodlines. Way better than I expected it was Awesome we watched 6 episodes straight

I had watched the trailer of this a week or so ago......but it seemed a bit dark. (and says it is) but just watched trailer again and it looks interesting! Will probably check it out I like that it's an original, when it's not, NF takes foreverrrrrrr to get the new seasons. Of course, took a long stinkin time for Lilyhammer too.

Big Moe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Ohio
www.vaporbomb.com
Ugh... we're just trying to stay abreast of some shows. Got caught up on the Flash and Arrow the past couple nights. We were so tired after the kids went to bed last night that we fell asleep watching a re-run of Whose Line is it Anyway. :facepalm:

I need to catch up with the Arrow and Flash this evening

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Also started watching DIG on the USA channel it has potential although right now I not sure whats going on you really have to follow it

I've been watching this one too. Have seen two so far I think, maybe 3 have at least one more dvr'd I think. There is a red heiffer in Texas that the Rabbis have been watching closely, and she's being raised according to Jewish law.

Big Moe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Ohio
www.vaporbomb.com
I've been watching this one too. Have seen two so far I think, maybe 3 have at least one more dvr'd I think. There is a red heiffer in Texas that the Rabbis have been watching closely, and she's being raised according to Jewish law.

I was a little lost on where the red heifer comes in but when I get home Im going to watch it a little more closely there is definitely something key with this.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I was a little lost on where the red heifer comes in but when I get home Im going to watch it a little more closely there is definitely something key with this.

let me know if you want me to pm you with what the red heifer means to the Jews

Once Upon A time has really been interesting lately. I was a little annoyed with Revenge but this last episode has pulled me back in

I've got two once's to watch.

Last edited:

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Once Upon A time has really been interesting lately.

I've been watching it from the beginning, but I think they kinda lost it when they ran out of Fairy Tale characters and started using all of the Disney ones... maybe because Disney owns ABC?? LOL!!
A friend of mine has gotten so fed up that he stopped watching when they brought the 'Frozen' story line in!!!

But there is a really cute/funny (imho) Zombie show on The CW (which is Channel 5 - KTLA out here) called 'iZombie'... it's nice to see a show about the undead not taking itself so seriously!! :D

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Another show I will not watch since I don't have cable....

Remember plug and play tv? I "upgraded" to flat screen and couldn't pull anything in with any antennae. I needed boxes; cable, dvr, bluray, roku and ferget it. Just too complicated. Then I watched GOT and got hooked. I also got my first android phone and omg, it's awhole new world. My phone can do more than my computer - that's insane. Droid TV / WinTV (for pc) (and legit) + Netflix and I'm good. So much simplier (although I don't know about this coming GOT season since they've changed things around).

It's so much nicer to watch 'movie style' (back to back). Walking Dead is the only show that makes me want to an extra in a show.

Anyway, I feel like I've rejoined civilazation again and without upping my subscription to (expensive) cable TV.

Last edited:

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
I've been watching it from the beginning, but I think they kinda lost it when they ran out of Fairy Tale characters and started using all of the Disney ones... maybe because Disney owns ABC?? LOL!!
A friend of mine has gotten so fed up that he stopped watching when they brought the 'Frozen' story line in!!!

But there is a really cute/funny (imho) Zombie show on The CW (which is Channel 5 - KTLA out here) called 'iZombie'... it's nice to see a show about the undead not taking itself so seriously!! :D

Yeah, the Disney stuff (as well as Oz, et al.) annoys me as well. Soon they'll do a tie-in with the Star Wars universe, since Disney now owns that, too. :facepalm: Oh well, the kids still like the show...

My wife and I have been collecting iZombie episodes and will binge-watch them--unless it turns out we hate the show. Still, I'm hoping to be surprised like I was with Gotham...

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
Remember plug and play tv? I "upgraded" to flat screen and couldn't pull anything in with any antennae. I needed boxes; cable, dvr, bluray, roku and ferget it. Just too complicated. Then I watched GOT and got hooked. I also got my first android phone and omg, it's awhole new world. My phone can do more than my computer - that's insane. Droid TV / WinTV (for pc) (and legit) + Netflix and I'm good. So much simplier (although I don't know about this coming GOT season since they've changed things around).

It's so much nicer to watch 'movie style' (back to back). Walking Dead is the only show that makes me want to an extra in a show.

Anyway, I feel like I've rejoined civilazation again and without upping my subscription to (expensive) cable TV.

We cut the cord with cable about 8 or 9 months ago when our cable rates went up yet again to $150 for TV and internet. After thinking about it, there were really only two shows that we "needed" cable for: Game of Thrones and Doctor Who (we watched other cable-only fare as well, but these were the two that we'd miss). Fortunately, they are released on DVD or bluray, so we just have to re-adjust our spending.

Now we just have internet for $35. I spent $30 on an indoor digital antenna at Costco (our Tivo handles OTA signals just fine and can still record 4 shows at once) and have Netflix for $10/month. The biggest complaint I have with this setup is that we get more Spanish channels than English ones, but that could just be because I live so close to the border.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
We cut the cord with cable about 8 or 9 months ago when our cable rates went up yet again to $150 for TV and internet. After thinking about it, there were really only two shows that we "needed" cable for: Game of Thrones and Doctor Who (we watched other cable-only fare as well, but these were the two that we'd miss). Fortunately, they are released on DVD or bluray, so we just have to re-adjust our spending.

Now we just have internet for $35. I spent $30 on an indoor digital antenna at Costco (our Tivo handles OTA signals just fine and can still record 4 shows at once) and have Netflix for $10/month. The biggest complaint I have with this setup is that we get more Spanish channels than English ones, but that could just be because I live so close to the border.

I'm within that zone where OTA signals are limited so they don't cross the border.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread