help for dripper challenged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
hello I have only been vaping 3-4months -am an old duck but want a simple method to test a few eliquids I have concocted. I have three evod tank tops (gave the battery and a few tops away to son) a couple of aspire tanks ( with fancy metal cases- an old gal needs a little bling) and two eleaf Istick 20 watt batteries- no longer burn tobacco-(never did burn that other stuff not even in the sixties-smile)
HELP
what equipment do I need to test a few drops of the watermelon juice I made or the root beer I am not a complete klutz seeing I have been sticking needles in people's butts for over 30 years but do have a little trouble figuring out how to use a tv remote.
I think I need a drip gizmo perhaps a 510? or perhaps something called a rda or rba any help would be appreciated-40 years at a pack a day gone without grief or stress as of March 1st this year .Biggest thrill -I did not give the government an extra 500 dollars in taxes, that is one sweet benefit of vaping.

Reactions: Isabelle49

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Hey there Caro123. I see you are sort of new to ecf so first of all, I wanted to welcome you here. Just a wonderful place to be. Congrats on vaping. Isn't it wonderful. I started out dripping with a very easy RBA called a igo-L. Mine was just a clone from Fasttech for like $6 and you can also get some premade coils if you do not want to start making your own coils. I'm no spring chicken and if I can build them, most all can. I still use this for testing new flavors myself.

Of course if you are interested in learning to build your own coils, a 100 feet of Kanthal cost's like $6.25 or 25 feet that costs $4.00. I buy mine from Lightning Vapes. And of course, YouTube is always there to help us both out.

I went ahead and looked them up for you just in case you would like to see what I am talking about. I love Fasttech because of the prices but I will tell you that it can take weeks or longer to get to you. I didn't mind if it meant saving money.
smileys-money-845799.gif

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10005100/1400500-igo-l-rebuildable-stainless-steel-dripping
JC_link.gif

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10007181/1591604-pre-made-wires-and-wicks-for-atomizer-50-pack
JC_link.gif

Hope this helps.

This is totally my own experience, but I found that if you add just a smidgen of spearmint to your root beer, it really makes the flavor pop. Just my 3¢ (inflation).

Good luck to you and so nice to meet you.

Reactions: GemInEye

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Wow - I was already planning to post almost the exact same question, so maybe we'll both get some good info here.

Re: the Regular Atty Drippers thread - no link? Maybe the new forum software broke it - I'll try here : Regular Atty Drippers (A Dying Breed?) | ECF

So that thread is more like what I was looking for, something I don't need to build coils for (bad hands - it's not gonna happen), but with over 100 pages of posts, and so much "insider speak" that I have no clue about, it doesn't help me much without having to look up every make/brand/model that they mention - this could take days. Can someone suggest something along these lines that's really simple yet effective enough for just testing DIY juice?

@Caro123 - the RDA and RBA are both types of "rebuildables" -- if that's what you're looking for, I'll .... out and start my own thread later. Either way, best of luck and I hope you find the info you're looking for. :)

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
Wow - I was already planning to post almost the exact same question, so maybe we'll both get some good info here.

Re: the Regular Atty Drippers thread - no link? Maybe the new forum software broke it - I'll try here : Regular Atty Drippers (A Dying Breed?) | ECF

So that thread is more like what I was looking for, something I don't need to build coils for (bad hands - it's not gonna happen), but with over 100 pages of posts, and so much "insider speak" that I have no clue about, it doesn't help me much without having to look up every make/brand/model that they mention - this could take days. Can someone suggest something along these lines that's really simple yet effective enough for just testing DIY juice?

@Caro123 - the RDA and RBA are both types of "rebuildables" -- if that's what you're looking for, I'll .... out and start my own thread later. Either way, best of luck and I hope you find the info you're looking for. :)
actually I was looking for the simplest way to test juice I don't mind struggling a little to learn something but it is hard to know what to ask for I sort of thought that was what I was getting I did make a coil though -smile but lost two tanks of juice and yes simple and effective would be good don't think the kayfun 4 clone thing will cut it much it still takes more juice in the smallest tank than what I thought necessary to just test a little

Nickstive

Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Western NY
Welcome to vaping and congrats on kicking the death sticks. When it comes to flavor, nothing beats an RDA (Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer). There is a plethora of styles out there to choose from all with different characteristics. If you're just starting, I would personally recommend an RDA that has three larger post holes and plenty of space on the deck (where the cotton sits) like a Darkhorse. That way, you won't have to worry about the coil touching anything and shorting out.

The istick 20W won't run any coils under 1.0 ohms of resistance, but that really shouldn't be much of a problem.

@Katt: Coil building can be pretty rough on your hands. Thankfully, there are coil wrapping tools that will not only make perfect coils every time, they will also do it with almost no effort-a few turns off the tool and viola, easy coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread